Mechanisms Behind Hairloss w/ AAS use -- DHT, and?

CrazyNut

Awards
Hey guys, I have started this thread in order to have a comprehensive discussion on hairloss associated with AAS use, what causes it ? how to prevent it without hindering gains?

I don't think the DHT is the endall be all for hairloss with AAS use? What other mechanisms are behind hairloss ?

Preventive mechanisms such as Minoxidil/Alzeic Acid/Spiro/Nizoral and/or propecia. What is the best route to take ? why ? Any other mechanisms you have tried that work ?

Hairloss is a huge concern for a lot of AAS users, and it would be nice if we can all prevent it or reduce it.

Also, I did do a search of bb.com, but thats on bb.com, no need to really read that garbage because for every 1 informative post, there are 10 billion stupid kid posts.

Any knowledgeable and sincere inputs are welcome and truly appreciated. :D

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
<~~~ holding out for those stem cell scientists to track down that sucker responsible for hairloss and put an end to it...

CrazyNut

Awards
<~~~ holding out for those stem cell scientists to track down that sucker responsible for hairloss and put an end to it...
I am hoping, with all the awesome results and effects of igf-r3, one day, some scientist is gonna say --
"igf-r3 restores hair growth" <---- heck, MR, gimme 20 mg !! I DONT CARE WHAT IT COSTS !!! :D:D:D

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, I just saw that they are regrowing hair on bald mice, so humans arent too far away

sabitu

Awards
I have had success with Propecia, but I have not done a cycle while taking Propecia at the same time. I have read conflicting opinions on whether or not Propecia (finasteride) will reduce the gains that can be made while on AAS, especially Test. Some say finasteride prevents some of the gains that can be made on Test because it inhibits the formation of DHT. I am curious to what kind of success people have had from using AAS and finasteride at the same time. If finasteride does not significantly effect the gains made from AAS, it seems like it would be a good idea to add it to a cycle to prevent hairloss.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I took during my 2nd cycle of 600mgs cyp, and 10mg of m1t, and I still gained 20+ lbs

CrazyNut

Awards
I have had success with Propecia, but I have not done a cycle while taking Propecia at the same time. I have read conflicting opinions on whether or not Propecia (finasteride) will reduce the gains that can be made while on AAS, especially Test. Some say finasteride prevents some of the gains that can be made on Test because it inhibits the formation of DHT. I am curious to what kind of success people have had from using AAS and finasteride at the same time. If finasteride does not significantly effect the gains made from AAS, it seems like it would be a good idea to add it to a cycle to prevent hairloss.
finestaride does hinder gains, because DHT is a anabolic (highly) hormone. Thus prevention of formation of DHT will hinder gains.

If you apply something topical that can eliminate DHT at the hair follicle level, but not shut down the formation of DHT, you can have great gains without aggrevation of MPB.

But, from what i gather DHT is not the end all be all of MPB, is there anything else? For example Trenbolone does not convert into DHT, yet it is know to cause MPB.

MMC77

Awards
finestaride does hinder gains, because DHT is a anabolic (highly) hormone. Thus prevention of formation of DHT will hinder gains.
Nah,
DHT is converted to androstanediol (not androstenediol) via the 3beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3bHSD) enzyme. The vast majority of it never reaches the anabolic receptors in your muscle tissue.

DHT derivatives like Stanzanol(Winny) and Masteron are engineered to resist this conversion and exhibit a more anabolic effect.

CrazyNut

Awards
Nah,
DHT is converted to androstanediol (not androstenediol) via the 3beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3bHSD) enzyme. The vast majority of it never reaches the anabolic receptors in your muscle tissue.

DHT derivatives like Stanzanol(Winny) and Masteron are engineered to resist this conversion and exhibit a more anabolic effect.
So does winny cause more hairloss than say something like tren ?
Is finesteride going to hinder gains from a DHT derivative (winny) ?? Because winny, although being a DHT derivitive does not convert into DHT, so does that mean that its impossible to suffer from hairloss from winny ??

Hairloss is a messy topic ! Thanks for any replies :D

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it may have something to do with alpha rings, i dont know exactly what those are, but like, 5aa for example, they are unsaturated alpha rings i think, and finasteride only helps with saturated alpha rings like normal test, i think... If im horribly wrong, I am not a hair expert, I just slept at a Holiday Inn...

MMC77

Awards
So does winny cause more hairloss than say something like tren ?
Is finesteride going to hinder gains from a DHT derivative (winny) ?? Because winny, although being a DHT derivitive does not convert into DHT, so does that mean that its impossible to suffer from hairloss from winny ??

Hairloss is a messy topic ! Thanks for any replies :D
Winny is already 5-a reduced, so finasteride has little or no effect.
Winny has a high affilnity for the androgen receptor. It is very harsh on the hairline to those that are prone to MPB.

Deca is an interesting case. Normally 5-ar converts deca to DHN which is a very mild androgen. If you inhibit 5-ar, straight deca will reach the scalp which will cause significantly more hairloss than DHN.

ps24eva

Awards
Deca is an interesting case. Normally 5-ar converts deca to DHN which is a very mild androgen. If you inhibit 5-ar, straight deca will reach the scalp which will cause significantly more hairloss than DHN.
what about tren?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PM Dio over at Avant and ask him to post on the subject. This is his specialty.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How would know if they are predisposed to losing hair on Tren, since its not DHT related? Wouldnt that mean someone who wasnt predisposed to MPB could even lose hair on tren?

massmongler

Awards
any word yet if M1T is bad on the ole hairline? also how is dbol?

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I did a 4 week cycle of 10mg of m1t, and starting on the 4th week I started shedding. Dbol, I have run without any probs,except for being tired all the time...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
You guys that have run finasteride w/o any problems; what was your daily dose of it? I've of course heard up to 5mg/day, but do you guys think that is necessary? Also, I keep hearing that you have to run it for months first for it to start working. Did you guys get results w/ it by just starting at the beginning of your cycle?

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
any more than 3mg a day, and good luck having an erection... besides, theres no need to really go over 1 -1.5mg a day anyway. Going to 3+ wont eliminate considerably more dht than the smaller doses would.