smoking, drinking....PH's...?

wiseguy15

Awards
ok now i know the effect of smoking and drinking in general, but when taking PH and cycling...does it have any more effect on anything. any chemical reactions?

im not an everyday, all day, pack a day smoker, but occasionally when i drink, (and my adderall makes me smoke sometimes) and drink on the weekends, but when cycling i cut back a lot because my liver is working hard enough. but how bad is it really...?

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
I don't think their is a specific answer to your question. It is very bad for you. Everyone will tell you that, if you are looking for the answer: it's ok to drink on a ph cycle, you won't find it here. Many have done it, most probably are ok, but it is a significant risk you take. Not only that, but it will affect your gains which is why you're taking it in the first place.

I don't think smoking's effects are worsened by oral steroids but obviously would still affect overall health and gym performance.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's like shoving clawed gerbils up your arse. You'll probably wont die, but familiarise yourself with the risks before you do it.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
ok now i know the effect of smoking and drinking in general, but when taking PH and cycling...does it have any more effect on anything. any chemical reactions?

im not an everyday, all day, pack a day smoker, but occasionally when i drink, (and my adderall makes me smoke sometimes) and drink on the weekends, but when cycling i cut back a lot because my liver is working hard enough. but how bad is it really...?
If your not man enough to quit drinking for a few weeks, then your not man enough to be messing with steroids. nuff said

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Ever see someone outside your gym puffin' a smoke before lifting? I see it all too much...

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ever see someone outside your gym puffin' a smoke before lifting? I see it all too much...
No! Never! Australians can be a slothful and lazy bunch, but the ones that do exercise take it damn seriously!

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
well obviously drinking is off limits because it taxes your liver and it's just generally bad for gains, just seems to throw a wrench into your system

smoking is only bad in that it can decrease your lung capacity which isn't as big a deal, obviously not good for you but there's far worse things. I only smoke weed but I stand by my assertion that if you use it in a controlled manner for appetite stimulation it can function effectively as a supplement and contribute positively to bodybuilding.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a workout partner who would religiously train high. He was a bodybuilder and was built of solid muscle but had the cardio of a life long smoker. It didnt effect his lifting at all. I personally dont know how someone can train high. I would get paranoid as hell. I dont like training alone without headphones bc I dont like noticing people looking at me while I am sober.

Point being it is really a matter of what ur goals are. Obviously if u r boozing it up u r not a bodybuilder. So stop smoking it has no purpose what so ever. It is just a nasty ass habit that is a money pit.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
blaze in moderation, if you cant handle drinking

steroids and bodybuilding are prob not worth the time

NYCDiesel

Awards
I love going to the gym blazed, cigs are a completely diff story, as soon as I cut out my morning cigs ( I know I gotta cut out ALL of them ) before the gym, my cardio and endurance has improved dramatically, sometimes when I'm high I feel like I'm more focused but who knows,

NYCDiesel

Awards
as long as your not getting drunk every other day it shouldn't matter, if its a one time thing like a birthday/wedding **** it do what you gotta do, but don't make a habit out of it.... smoking doesn't matter, but what i would worry about is the adderall, have you checked if it affects your liver at all ?

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
100% Percent agree. If you keep up with your cardio your lungs wont notice a difference. It is awesome for appetite stim and helps get QUALITY sleep.

wiseguy15

Awards
well obviously smoking is just a bad disgusting habit, and drinking only slows down gains...plus really rough on ur liver during a cycle, i know all that stuff and wasnt looking for an ok for it haha...more along the lines on like...an interaction or increase of problems of any kinda. for example i read in another thread that when taking clomid and if you smoke, can increase chance of blood clots...that sort of thing.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Is accelerated death what you're looking for?

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
If you want to utilize THC for appetite stimulation, I think a much better way of going about it is through edibles.

It's not as expensive as some people think. All you need is the "shake", which is the crumbly leafy crap most people throw away (the buds are the part you smoke, unless you're really hard up). You should be able to get the "shake" in large quantities pretty cheap since most people figure it's not worth smoking, and a lot of times it is thrown away. Also, it's not cost effective to buy the high-grade bud as the crappy stuff seems to work just as well when it comes to this.

Anyway, get at least an ounce of it and throw it in a pot with water and butter. Basically you simmer everything in the pot (the water helps maintain safe temperatures) for a while, dump it through some cheesecloth to get rid of the vegetable matter, and put the strained butter/water mix into a big bowl in the fridge over night. When you wake up the next morning the butter will have separated from the water and hardened at the top. It should be a nice ninja-turtle green, and EXTREMELY potent (assuming you had a good amount of shake). Now you can use the butter for whatever you want, you could even spread some on your toast (would probably taste funny, though). I had friends who were long time smokers eat just 1 cookie and they were pretty much incapacitated for the rest of the day, so if all you wanted it for was appetite stimulation a single cookie could conceivably last you multiple days depending on your tolerance and the potency of the butter you used. Also, the "high" seems to last a lot longer and is higher quality than when you smoke it.

I personally have found no real evidence that THC itself makes any permanent changes to your brain. All the stuff about how it "kills your braincells" is false (there IS evidence that suggest that chronic use can cause people to be lazy/apathetic, but that's another issue). The only real physical damage that can occur is to your lungs if you smoke it, which is why if you eat it you have very little to worry about when used in moderation.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
niether smoking nor drinking will help ur gains. Ur actually going to lose gains by doing either. Save the money on steroids, quitting the drinking and smoking for the time a cycle would run and keeping a strict diet will yield just as good results. Lets be honest if ur going to drink on cycle ur prob going to drink on PCT and u might as well just kiss ur gains goodbye and keep the stretch marks... Doesnt sound like its worth it to me.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the reason why the high last longer when you eat mull-cookies etc is you absorb 100% of the THC through your stomach. When smoking, not all THC is absorbed.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Edibles requires that you get your THC along with a bunch of fat calories vs. getting it along with 0 calories. The other problem is that since you eat it, it takes about 30 minutes to start working, and lasts a long time. To me this is a problem...

Typical situation: I finish a particularly grueling workout that takes me to the verge of vomiting (happens more often than you would think). I get back home and it's time to pound the PWO-meal but I have 0 appetite and my stomach is telling me to go **** myself. Eating a weed cookie and then waiting 30 minutes for an appetite is NOT as ideal as packing a snapper and taking a quick rip... This causes my stomach to do a 180 from upset to instantly hungry. And the high from smoking doesn't last as long, to me that's good cuz I don't need to be tired and hungry 5 hours later, i need it when i need it...

I'm sorry that every thread that has smoking in the title, i just start going off about weed. I can't help it.

I will say i love edibles on my carbup days when I need to eat huge amounts of carbs over the course of the day. Carbloading while high is soo much easier, it's like cheating.

The official line about marijuana making you into a lazy idiot is so much ****. I've pulled off some of my best GPAs while smoking the most weed, and I have yet to notice any consequences of smoking everyday.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^^ that makes a lot of sense.

Smoking weed does have a sh1tload of tar and carcinogens - more so than tobacco - so you need to think about that if you're smoking blunts or unfiltered cones etc.

Using a vaporiser removes most of it. Bongs less so.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
Edibles requires that you get your THC along with a bunch of fat calories vs. getting it along with 0 calories. The other problem is that since you eat it, it takes about 30 minutes to start working, and lasts a long time. To me this is a problem...
The second part I agree with, it does take longer to take effect. This is why a lot of people overdose with edibles. They eat a cookie and are like "WTF? It didn't do anything" so they eat 2 more and then a half our later they are having a panic attack, throwing up, can barely move, etc. But, even the 30 min issue isn't a big deal if you time it right. I've never been in a situation where I thought "What could I do to boost my appetite right this very second?".

I don't agree that you need to consume "a bunch of fat and calories" to get the benefits of edibles. Like I said, one small cookie could last a while. It's hard for me to believe that someone couldn't spare 100-200 calories for a small cookie, especially someone who is looking to boost their appetite.

Secondly, if you were that concerned with calories, just eating a TINY chunk of the butter plain is enough to have an effect. I mean, even a teaspoon of butter is only about 30-35 calories, and that would be more than enough for most people if the butter was made correctly. Even on a cut I'd say that amount of calories is negligible. But, if you were cutting, I don't see why you would need an appetite boost anyhow.

Lastly, like I said, the "high" is way different. I think the high you get from eating is much better. Cognitive functioning seems less impaired, the high is felt throughout your entire body, and lasts much longer. Most people I know seem to enjoy the edible high much more. For example, my neighbor is a longtime smoker. All it took was one cookie, and he's given up smoking completely and only does edibles now.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I don't bother with THC anyway as I would rather get an appetite boost with GHRP or EQ.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
my diet is clean, i can't have a cookie a day in it. Yes i could have a small amount of butter and there's fat in my diet anyway so that would actually be ok. I've eaten straight weed butter before and surely this could work just fine. My personal choice is to get the drug working faster... That and I suppose I'm biased because I just plain old love smoking it. waiting 30 minutes... borrrrinnnng... Rush of a rip ****ing my mind for about 15 seconds... totally fun :).
There's nothing wrong with edibles and with the lungs component it's obviously the healthier method in the long run, i'm just pointing out the drawbacks from my point of view, particularly the delay.

GHRP, EQ, perfectly good stuff, but for the cost of couple cycles of either i can grow enough weed to last years at my rate of consumption. I wish there was a plant that you could put under a light and throw nutrients at that would give you grams of EQ :(

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
well i just quit smokin cigarettes and drinkin for my cycle and i feel a lot better. more energized and can definetly breath better. but i still smoke budd everynight after my work out to help me sleep or if i cant eat enough after my werk out durin the day, i go grab a .5 of dro or mids. but honestly, i feel a lot better smokin budd than drinkin and smokin squares. u just feel like trash and out of breath at the gym wit the hang over and squares just slow u down period.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
The second part I agree with, it does take longer to take effect. This is why a lot of people overdose with edibles. They eat a cookie and are like "WTF? It didn't do anything" so they eat 2 more and then a half our later they are having a panic attack, throwing up, can barely move, etc. But, even the 30 min issue isn't a big deal if you time it right. I've never been in a situation where I thought "What could I do to boost my appetite right this very second?".

I don't agree that you need to consume "a bunch of fat and calories" to get the benefits of edibles. Like I said, one small cookie could last a while. It's hard for me to believe that someone couldn't spare 100-200 calories for a small cookie, especially someone who is looking to boost their appetite.

Secondly, if you were that concerned with calories, just eating a TINY chunk of the butter plain is enough to have an effect. I mean, even a teaspoon of butter is only about 30-35 calories, and that would be more than enough for most people if the butter was made correctly. Even on a cut I'd say that amount of calories is negligible. But, if you were cutting, I don't see why you would need an appetite boost anyhow.

Lastly, like I said, the "high" is way different. I think the high you get from eating is much better. Cognitive functioning seems less impaired, the high is felt throughout your entire body, and lasts much longer. Most people I know seem to enjoy the edible high much more. For example, my neighbor is a longtime smoker. All it took was one cookie, and he's given up smoking completely and only does edibles now.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I don't bother with THC anyway as I would rather get an appetite boost with GHRP or EQ.
i've smoked the finest green in the land and never had 'anxiety attacks, throwing up or can barely move'. lol! And who throws their shake out!? I guess im one of those 'hard up' people, cuz when i buy a bag i smoke it! And one special cookie for multiple highs........ ILL TAKE A DOZEN PLEASE

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
I'm with Unreal on a little herb. Sure does help the appitite! I'd be fine if the GF would hide the ice cream and bannana bread!

Everything in moderation, except lifting, protien, and sex!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
okay, I dont know about marijuana, but cig's have a big impact on your cardiovascular system.
and so do steroids.

no drinking on cycle to prevent un necessary damage to the liver.

no smoking on cycle to prevent unnecessary damage to the cardiovascular system.

i dont even know about the adderal. it migh inhibit gains if your bulking, but help if your cutting.

it's simple.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you have alot of issues going on here. You probably don't have a clue how f*cked you really are. Do you even know what adderall is? You are at your doctor's mercy, and you probably never even gave that a thought. Probably all because you wouldn't stay in your seat in second grade, or because your parents couldn't handle you. Do you realize your parents put you on hard drugs? Do you realize that you will have problems for the rest of your life for being on speed? In my estimation, you have no clue. You may curse me now, but you will find out as life goes on that I am absolutely right. Oh, and if you drink or take drugs on cycle, you are as dumb as I think you are. Why do you even work out?

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
I only smoke weed but I stand by my assertion that if you use it in a controlled manner for appetite stimulation it can function effectively as a supplement and contribute positively to bodybuilding.
yea, i'm definately not telling people i smoke weed anymore, i'll say i supplement marijuana during my bodybuilding routine for the appetite stim

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's a good way of looking at it.

The fact that it makes you feel completely relaxed and makes almost everything better and more interesting is a bonus

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
i've smoked the finest green in the land and never had 'anxiety attacks, throwing up or can barely move'. lol! And who throws their shake out!? I guess im one of those 'hard up' people, cuz when i buy a bag i smoke it! And one special cookie for multiple highs........ ILL TAKE A DOZEN PLEASE
I don't know where you live, I'm in CA. My friend gets ounces of shake from another friend on a regular basis for free. He legally grows his own, as do many people here, and has no use for the "shake". Even if your dealer wants to charge you for some shake, it should only cost a fraction of what buds are costing you or he's ripping you off.

The last batch of brownies I helped make were crazy potent. The people who ate them were seriously breaking each 2x2 brownie up into eighths and only a few of those little pieces was enough to keep them high all day. The high-dollar edibles they sell at cannabis boutiques around here don't even compare (I don't think they use proper THC extraction methods a lot of the time).

When the butter comes out not only is it ninjaturtle green, but it shimmers and glistens in the light because of, I think, all the THC crystals packed in it. Again, I'm talking about butter that was made using really cheap "low grade" weed (albeit a fairly large amount). I really doubt smoking it would have provided the same amount of bang for your buck as far as getting high goes.

i've smoked the finest green in the land and never had 'anxiety attacks, throwing up or can barely move'.
That is actually really common for people who are seriously baked. I've seen lots of people experience those symptoms when they smoked some potent green or over-eaten some edibles. They usually try to say that it was laced or something, but no, they were just blazed out of their mind.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
never had panic attacks, but getting sick from being so high when I used to smoke would happen every so often. that would be when I knew i was blazed. the room couldn't sit still.

The one and only time I made brownies, a friend and I used a zip, and me being the tard I was, didn't bother to look up directions online on how to make them (we were stoned the whole time), I just mixed the whole bag in with the brownie mix, and baked till the brownies were done. (no sticks, stems, or seeds, just bud btw)

made the appartment smell funny, and they tasted funny, so we looked it up online, and realized we were supposed to strain it.

man, I dont know how it is strained, but eating all that bud in the brownies, got us so f*cked up. I was literally high for days. smoking didn't even add anything to it.

only down side was I couldn't sh*t right for a while....ah, i miss it sometimes. married now. no more high times.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
lmao, I guess this threads turned into the official WEED thread. Even the google ad is advertising some "4:20" watch company... :laugh: