What amount of weight loss is acceptable after cycle

steakboy

Hello everybody, I'm pretty new to posting to the board... i'm a common board troller, but rarely post anywhere. i just read and read and usually find any answer to a question that's in my head that way, but this time i want to know something that i can't find.

So i did a m-drol cycle a bit ago and had unbelievable strength gains and weight gains. I ate really really heavy upwards of 4-4.5k cals daily, and from my starting weight that was a huge amount of food. So you can imagine the weight i gained wasn't all muscle... i just wanted to make sure i was giving the steroid a chance to work. i gained about 23 lbs on cycle bringing me up to 192 lbs and about 11-12%bf (starting at 169 8%bf) I did everything according to what people on the board suggested such as taking cycle support, upping my fish oil dosage, other misc sups as well. My PCT was correct with a SERM (i chose clomid for mdrol) and took the correct course, with an addition of a test booster my boys came back fine. My weight hovered around 190 for the full duration, as i ate the same as i did ON cycle.

Now I just started a cutting cycle with an EC stack and the obvious diet alterations... but i'm now down to 178 lbs! and still at like 10%bf. Did i do something horribly wrong here??? Is losing 12 lbs normal about 2 months after a cycle?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
so basically you stopped weighing yourself so you had no idea what your weight was and then a bunch of pounds slipped away

the good news is it was probably not much muscle as 23 pounds gained in 4 weeks is going to be mostly water flab and crap weight, very little muscle.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
I usually lose 5 lbs total.

I usually drop 3 within a few days, water and glycogen, then another 2lbs over the next couple months.

I think your problem is 2 fold.

One you didnt cut with another anabolic, you really need to or half of your weight loss
will be muscle ( thats pretty typical ). Id run something mile like Protodrol or Bold. Even 11-oxo would work to keep your muscle, but it wont add much.

Secondly you probably didnt give your body time to adjust to its new weight. I typically dont try to cut for 6 months after a bulk so my body gets adjusted to the new weight, and the amount of calories needed to maintain it.

steakboy

no no, let me add some additions here. I did keep checking my weight after PCT, but i didn't get scared until i hit 10lbs loss. I lowered my calorie intake after pct to clean up the weight i gained, and switched to doing GPP and more high intensity training with heavy cardio. I noticed i was losing weight quickly, but i just thought... well it's water weight, and some flub i gained from eating heavy. I thought nothing of it till i was 10lbs down. Now i'm starting to cut and i'm thinking i'm gonna lose all the muscle i gained on SD? I hope that's not the case!

I know i was to expect 10lbs gain on SD, but after i gained 23 i thought maybe it was more muscle just because of the way i ate.

OH i forgot to mention i did come down with the swine flu about a month after my PCT. I lost some bf during that time but gained it right back afterwards. couldn't work out at 100%.. just felt drained and tired for 2 weeks after.

edit: woop sorry frank i didn't get your post till after i posted. I like this advice sir. Next time around i will run something with my cut... should i stick with oral? i'm a little scared to pin though and i don't know anybody that would help me with finding it. i don't talk to anybody at my gym... when i'm there i'm all business. i stfu and move weight thats it.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
So you reduced calories and weight training, increased cardio, and you are wondering why you lost muscle?

Your body is simply adapting to the stimulus you are giving it.

If you want to look like a bodybuilder, you need to train and eat like one. Stop confusing it already!

steakboy

in all honesty, i wanted to cut because i missed my abs. got a new chick and i wanted to keep her interested. and yeah... life changed a bit and things became unstable with my schedule and i couldn't spend as much time in the gym as i could when i was on cycle. </excuses> alright, i just wanted to confirm that it was my own stupidity ruining my gains.

i'll take your advice and get my head back in the game where it should be.