Anabolic Workout Suggestions

radiodude

radiodude

Awards
So I just started my first cycle and wanted to know what types of workouts you guys suggested, most importantly in regards to frequency. Before, I had always done a mon-fri 5 day/week routine but decided to change to an every other day 8 day routine, working each muscle group only once per 8 days. But my question is, since I'm on a cycle (400mg/wk of test cypionate) and recovery is so greatly increased, should I be pushing harder? I can find the time to do whatever works best and I just want to make sure that I'm maximizing growth. But on the flipside, I want to make sure I'm giving my muscles enough rest to grow.

boxrocker

boxrocker

Awards
So I just started my first cycle and wanted to know what types of workouts you guys suggested, most importantly in regards to frequency. Before, I had always done a mon-fri 5 day/week routine but decided to change to an every other day 8 day routine, working each muscle group only once per 8 days. But my question is, since I'm on a cycle (400mg/wk of test cypionate) and recovery is so greatly increased, should I be pushing harder? I can find the time to do whatever works best and I just want to make sure that I'm maximizing growth. But on the flipside, I want to make sure I'm giving my muscles enough rest to grow.
Well First of all, everyone is different on how they need to train to obtain certain results. Second, it's up to you to figure out how to work out, rest, according to your body type. Going by your BW and HT, If you are wanting to get big, or gain mass, you definetly want to eat alot (healthy of course), but alot. Log your calorie, protien, carb intake as well as others. You may benifit from a one on one off type of work out.

Go with what has worked for you thus far, and if your still searching, keep searching, you will figure it out bro, if your hungry enough, you'll figure it out!!!:) You can't go wrong by training hard, intense, and religiously!! Just let your body tell you when your overtraining!! Good Luck!

radiodude

radiodude

Awards
Right on. I definitely have gained significant mass naturally with the previous routine and a surplus of clean calories and sleep. I think I'm going to try the new plan and see how that goes since I haven't done anything else for quite some time.

boxrocker

boxrocker

Awards
Right on. I definitely have gained significant mass naturally with the previous routine and a surplus of clean calories and sleep. I think I'm going to try the new plan and see how that goes since I haven't done anything else for quite some time.
EXCELLENT!!!! I FORGOT THAT ONE! I'm all excited here, I frequently, and I mean frequently, change the pace, from what work out, to what order, mix n match, on, and on....I could go on with that one. Long story short, I know that has been a key to my own sucess and typical workout knowledge!! You on the right track!

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else have any ideas?
Boxrocker is right, it varies from each individual. My personal experience is I lift very heavy, and will beat up one muscle group a day per a 5 day workout routine. The other two days I will do natural body weight exercises (dips, push ups, pull ups etc) and hit the heavy bag.

You may want to just tweak what your doing and see how that works for now. Good luck!