How long is clen effective during pct?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am about two weeks into pct after a m1t/superone+ cycle, and have been dosing clenbuterol at approx. 2 weeks at 100mcg per day during this time. Would it be pointless for me to continue with the clen for the 3rd week of pct, or will it likely have little to no effect beyond the initial 2 weeks? I have seen clen cycles of 3 weeks during cutting cycles, but am uncertain as to extending it's use beyond 2 weeks for pct. Any suggestions?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
that was the same study I have seen also Scottyo.. also the main reason for PCT is to stabilize your hormone levels.. so cutting calories right after you just got finished puts more stress on your body...which in turn can cause you to strip off the extra weight you just added.. body is wanting to maintain homeostasis..

embrace

Awards
i ran it 18 days @ 80mcg and kept all my weight gains and even some strength. just make sure to hit the taurine @ 3-5 g /ed otherwise cramps will follow

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you recall at all which pathways Spook brought up with regards to clen usage? When he and Par start discussing metabolic pathways you gotta respect what they say, even if you can't necesarily decipher all of it ; )

I can only speak anecdotally, and don't have studies to back it up, but for myself I can certainly say that clen allows me to injest massive calories without any added fat gain, as I've used it in that regard a few times now. One thing I don't like it for is cutting without any androgens, as I find that I simply lose too much muscle this way.

I do recall a discussion on the CEM forum where they more or less determined that due to the massive beta recepter downregulation that clen wasn't that useful of a cutting tool, as during the weeks after it's use fatloss would slow to an absolute crawl. I wonder if that recepter downregulation would be as much of a hindrance in an environment of caloric excess though?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool, just what I was hoping to hear. I don't have enough clen left to do a complete two week cycle, and figured I may as well use up what I have left. I've never had luck with the stuff as far as retaining strength, but find it works great for keeping fat at bay with on-cycle calories being consumed during post cycle.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
you really don't need to do clen as a PCT... unless you have this overwhelming desire to lose the gains you just made

embrace

Awards
i was always under the impression that clen worked as an anti-catabolic so it was a good thing to use post cycle. i also heard that it kept fat at bay while keeping on cycle caloric intake high. kinda dual purpose......right?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you really don't need to do clen as a PCT... unless you have this overwhelming desire to lose the gains you just made
Would you care to elaborate on this further? I was of the same understanding as embrace on this subject. Sure clenbuterol rips the extra water weight from your body, but I fail to see how this is the same as losing the actual lean tissue gains that were accumulated during the cycle.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Hmm matt interesting comment clen is anti catabolic or at least not catabolic so im my opinion usinig it to increase your meatbolism so you can eat like a hoss is not bad. using it and decreasing your cals expecting it to make up for the anabolicity of the steroids you have stopped using is stupid. Clen is an aid during pct but it is really no more anabolic than caffeine it just provides a useful metabolism boost so you can eat more without getting fat.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I used to think the same, but as I learned from experience talking with Spook at AL, there are some pathways that clen disrupts. Also, clen is not really anti-catabolic, unless your a chicken. As for being able to eat more....don't hold me to it, but I believe there are studies that show that clen's "magic" works in being able to increase energy expenditure on lowered calories...not being able to eat more calories ala t3. But like I said, don't hold me to it....I saw that study a while ago so it could be ass backwards.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, a post I made a day or so ago somehow got thrown up toward the start of the thread, so I'll just reiterate what I asked earlier...

Can you recall at all which pathways Spook brought up with regards to clen usage? When he and Par start discussing metabolic pathways you gotta respect what they say, even if you can't necesarily decipher all of it ; )

I can only speak anecdotally, and don't have studies to back it up, but for myself I can certainly say that clen allows me to injest massive calories without any added fat gain, as I've used it in that regard a few times now. One thing I don't like it for is cutting without any androgens, as I find that I simply lose too much muscle this way.

I do recall a discussion on the CEM forum where they more or less determined that due to the massive beta recepter downregulation that clen wasn't that useful of a cutting tool, as during the weeks after it's use fatloss would slow to an absolute crawl. I wonder if that recepter downregulation would be as much of a hindrance in an environment of caloric excess though?