How Long Before T3 kicks In?

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
This is my first cycle of T3--liquid UGL. I'm on day 4; up to 25 mcg., ramping up to 50 mcg. where I'll stay for ~3 weeks before ramping back down.

My question is: how long will it take for me to notice metabolic stimulation?

Thanks,

Crowbar

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Im pretty sure around 10-14 days to allow it to build up. . . . But some feel the effects after a few doses

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
This is my first cycle of T3--liquid UGL. I'm on day 4; up to 25 mcg., ramping up to 50 mcg. where I'll stay for ~3 weeks before ramping back down.

My question is: how long will it take for me to notice metabolic stimulation?

Thanks,

Crowbar
I'm just curious as to what you are expecting to notice. Not to say this is you but I have noticed that a lot of people have expectations as to how certain drugs (especially anabolics) are supposed to "feel" and when they don't feel what they think they are supposed to, they increase the dose.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Seth, no it's not that I'm necessarily expecting to feel a certain way, but rather in general I'm looking for the time frame in which exogenous T3 will start to affect metabolic rate. I have no intention of increasing the dosage past 50 mcg./day during this first cycle until I can assess how it affects me.

So, what I'm expecting to notice is an increase in metabolic rate. Either losing weight more rapidly at my current hypocaloric intake, or the ability to consume more calories and lose weight at the same rate I am now.

Crowbar

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i'm on 50mcg and i don't notice anything... Over summer i went up to 75mcg and it was very subtle to notice but my weigh ins started dipping consistently until i dropped the dose down to 50mcg and then my weigh ins leveled out... So it's pretty hard to really notice. I did notice increased sweating during cardio but i sweat like a pig anyway so again, pretty difficult to perceive.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Unreal. Considering I'm now 275 Lbs. would you say I'm probably wasting my time with 50 mcg./day?

Do you know right off hand how much thyroid hormone the body typically produces each day?

Thanks,

Crowbar

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Seth, no it's not that I'm necessarily expecting to feel a certain way, but rather in general I'm looking for the time frame in which exogenous T3 will start to affect metabolic rate. I have no intention of increasing the dosage past 50 mcg./day during this first cycle until I can assess how it affects me.

So, what I'm expecting to notice is an increase in metabolic rate. Either losing weight more rapidly at my current hypocaloric intake, or the ability to consume more calories and lose weight at the same rate I am now.

Crowbar
That's cool. I just see people who basically expect stimulant-like effects no matter what they are taking. "feel" just seems a little subjective to me to be an impetus to increase dose. Nice objective measures (like seeing increased weight loss at a given caloric intake) are better indicators of effectivness.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Seth, do you have an opinion as to whether 50 mcg./day is sufficient to see any real effects? Does my current weight of 275 Lbs. figure into the equation at all--that is, will someone who weighs more need a larger dose than someone who weighs less?

Do you have any idea of the typical daily production of thyroid hormone by the body?

Thanks,

Crowbar

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Seth, do you have an opinion as to whether 50 mcg./day is sufficient to see any real effects? Does my current weight of 275 Lbs. figure into the equation at all--that is, will someone who weighs more need a larger dose than someone who weighs less?

Do you have any idea of the typical daily production of thyroid hormone by the body?

Thanks,

Crowbar
The body produces about 30 to 35 micrograms of T3 per day. 50 mcg should produce an effect since it should be about 50% more than your body is producing -- it just may not be strong enough to blow you away. Of course, T3 level is only part of the equation. T3 uptake and binding protein levels will dictacte a lot of the effect.

Generally, the more you weigh, the higher the required dose (whihc is why doses are usually caluclated in "dose unit/Kg". With thryoid hormone you really want to hit the sweet spot of metabolic elevation without going overboard.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Seth, thanks a lot for the good info.

One last question: is there any need to split dosages on T3 as is often recommended, since the half-life is several days? Can you see any purpose or logic in this recommendation?

Thanks,

Crowbar

bubagump

Awards
i always took it in the morning, and noticed it by the end of the week will lots more sweating. 50-75 is my prefered range, did try 100mcg but fealt that was to high since i would tire out quick.