looking for a prohormone that won't cause me to feel anxious...

21p

Awards
I took p-plex and it made me feel crazier than a ****house rat. Anxiety, euphoria, sleepless, panic attacks....

Needless to say, I don't want these effects. Is there a prohormone out there that won't cause these things in a sensitive user like myself? I'm willing to sacrifice massive gains for a sound mind.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
Go with D-Plex, low to no sides, okay gains
oh yeah P-Plex is not a pro-hormone, its a steroid
Patrick Arnold found the formula in 2005 in some old journals from 1961

Patrick Arnold is the man :D

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Is this a common side effect? I don't remember anyone reporting it to be so severe.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
No, its not common, ive never heard these side effects in this severity in P-Plex, he just seems to be sensitive to the compound

21p

Awards
Yes, i've been sensitive to most of these compounds. I took Jungle warfare for a week and it made me feel euphoric, but not to the extent that p-plex did. I actually felt possessed lol.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
well, maybe oral steroids just are not for you.
I think your going to have to stay natural, since you seem too sensitive to oral steroid compounds. Or maybe try D-Plex see how you feel on that.

21p

Awards
Where can i find user logs of d-plex? There don't seem to be many solo runs of this ph.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I get Anxiety with any steroid I take I think it just depends on the person. It gets really bad near the end of cycle when your hormones are really suppressed .

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Marijuanadrol

From what I've heard none of the sides involve anxiousness.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
I've actually have seen quite a few people have panic attacks when they were stoned. Especially if they took rips from a bong or consumed edibles, and consumed a larger amount of THC than they were used to.

De Santo

De Santo

Awards
Interesting. Is this a common side effect? I don't remember anyone reporting it to be so severe.
I've read P-plex tended to give people more of a "euphoric" feeling, but then again I've never taken P-plex so I cannot really comment on that one. This is the first post I've read about anxiety issues with P-plex...

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This has been an interesting read, i didn't know that some people experienced such profound mental/emotional effects from steroids. I seem to have ~0 mental/emotional effects from anything I try and even at my doses.

The bottom line is you'll have to try different compounds to see how they work for you. Pplex is supposed to be a "feel good" steroid so the anxiety is weird.

21p

Awards
Well it's a long story.... I took Jungle warfare for a week, and as the week went on, it became fairly intense. I was having trouble sleeping, etc.. After reading up a bit more I decided to go with a reliable company (cel) and compound and switched to p-plex after a 2 day break. The effects were practically immediate and I began to experience anxiety and the aforementioned effects. Do you think the overlay of the two compounds may have contributed to the problems? Before you flame, I admit it was retarded to take the advice of the vitamin shoppe d-bags.....

anywho..

Well i ordered a bottle of d-plex and will be testing it out in January. I'm gonna get a break from work for the next few months to study for MCATs and this will work better. Quick question- I've been bulking for 2.5 months now, should i just continue the bulk through feb, or cut up a bit and then hit the bulk hard at the beginning of Jan? Also, what works to control the anxiety that comes along with PH? (I'm 28 years of age)

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
For calming effects look into Rhodiola Rosea, Phenibut, Ashwagandha, bacopa monerii (Sp?),
5-htp.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
This has been an interesting read, i didn't know that some people experienced such profound mental/emotional effects from steroids. I seem to have ~0 mental/emotional effects from anything I try and even at my doses.
Its the same people who have those side effects while taking a placebo in medical studies.

When some people take medicine, they feel compelled to "feel" something, and the mind comes up with something to feel.

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
clonazepam...never had any sign of anxiety since starting it lol...but I wouldn't suggest seeing a psychiatrist unless the anxiety persists off-cycle as well as on-cycle.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
If you see a psychiatrist, you will likely walk out with a prescription - so I'd say avoid that route unless a lifetime of taking drugs to stay "normal" is appealing to you. You might consider seeing a therapist, though. I know it might sound extreme, but a good one can help teach you how to deal with stress and anxiety without medications.

21p

Awards
You don't know what you're talking about Frank. If you take a product that affects your hormone levels, it can affect your moods. If it were a placebo effect, this thread would be full of questions, not solutions.

I doubt I need to see a therapist to deal with anxiety caused by steroid use, lol.

Patient: Uh, so my uh, life has been a wreck since I started taking steroids.. I just don't know what to do...
Therapist: Well, stop taking steroids.
Bill: 300 bucks.

21p

Awards
Another solution may be to pulse a regular dose (instead of elevated) 3x a week?

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
It seems to me one of the following in no particular order is going on:

1. You may have an issue with anxiety/panic disorder and taking steroids elevates it to a point that it is hard to ignore.

2. You don't have anxiety/panic disorder issues but the fact that you are taking steroids/the health risks is causing anxiety either directly or indirectly.

3. You are sensitive to steroids and the androgens are messing with your brain.

In light of number 3, I would be interested in knowing which SERM you took in PCT. If Phera gives you these sides, I would be interested in knowing what kind of roller coaster ride, if any, a SERM would have caused you. The sides you describe might be more likely as a result of Nolvadex or Clomid. Where you taking any on cycle? How did the SERM treat you?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Some people are neurotic enough to be very sensitive to drugs that they will create exagerated effects in them, I have experienced it and I can say its definetly not all in the mind unless you count a brain chemical imbalance all in the mind.

To the OP I suggest you stick to endogenous chemicals such as testosterone, IGF-1.

edit: nvm PHs are endogenous.

DANISH VIKING

Awards
If??IF you'r A coffe drinker, well than minimum Skip the Coffe (Stimulants of Coffien).
Just A thoard. Good Luck!!
DV.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
honestly, it may be a BP issue

Mentally I never experienced an increased sense of anxiety or being more irritable, however, towards tail ends of cycles my BP begins to kick. At that point, I feel in certain situations I am more edgy in the sense that I become impatient and more compulsive. This is just a feeling, however, and is never to the point where it can't be controlled. Once the cycle stops and the BP returns to normal, this all subsides.

Think about it, most of the things you listed up-regulate your BP causing spikes, esp Phera. Possibly invest in support supps like hawthorne berries and try something more mild like Epistane... though my BP seemed to spike with that as well.