aromatase inhibitors - AnabolicMinds.com

aromatase inhibitors

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.

aromatase inhibitors

AIs, I have read about them and what they do but I'm not exactly sure when and why to use them. After reading some posts and articles, I don't understand how anyone could benifit from using them? I can see how you would want to avoid estrogen side effects while on/off cylce, but isn't that what a SERM is for? Someone please enlighten me because I am clearly missing something here.

-YoungAnabolic

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

An AI doesn't address the presence of excess estrogen, like a SERM does. Instead it inhibits the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, which occurs via aromatization. On cycle, AIs function to keep the test you are taking as test and not let it convert to estro. After running a SERM, it serves to inhibit bounceback estrogen from forming.
    Back.... for real this time
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  204 lbs.

crazychemist has it right
    when you have an aromatizing compound its smart to run an AI while on cycle
    a serm blocks estrogen and helps boost testosterone, for post cycle
    current logs
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213804-gold-feast-controlled.html
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/212003-lets-do-some.html
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.

I was under the impression that you didn't want to suppress estrogen, but you’re saying at the end of pct it might be useful to prevent a spike after using a SERM? I thought that a serm only addressed the effects of estrogen and didn't suppress it. In addition, I would think that an AI would cause a bounce back since it causes lower estrogen levels? I could see how an AI might be useful during cycle if you’re sensitive to gyno and whatnot.. I suppose it might depend on the person. Would you call it necessary?

-YoungAnabolic
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

-YoungAnabolic
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by younganabolic View Post
    I was under the impression that you didn't want to suppress estrogen, but you’re saying at the end of pct it might be useful to prevent a spike after using a SERM? I thought that a serm only addressed the effects of estrogen and didn't suppress it. In addition, I would think that an AI would cause a bounce back since it causes lower estrogen levels? I could see how an AI might be useful during cycle if you’re sensitive to gyno and whatnot.. I suppose it might depend on the person. Would you call it necessary?

-YoungAnabolic
    So you understand the use of an AI on cycle but not after running a SERM, right? A SERM does not suppress estrogen. A SERM merely blocks the estrogen receptor, making the estrogen in your body ineffective. The body is a series of complex negative feedback loops and when it realizes the estrogen isn't taking effect it might increase the aromataziation enzyme concentratino in the body. The use of an AI addresses this "bounce back" issue. The AI should be used for perhaps one week at full dose and then tapered down for an additional two weeks, depending on what you are running.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.

Yeah, that makes sense. I could see the use in that. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

-YoungAnabolic
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by younganabolic View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. I could see the use in that. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

-YoungAnabolic
    np.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trying to Understand Aromatase Inhibitors
    By radiodude in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 09:56 PM
  2. theory on aromatase inhibitors for PCT
    By comrade in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7