My Rant!

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Damn it. I got everything in order for a cycle, all arrived A-OK. Planned out 12 week cycle and then things got messed up. I have been scheduled for a hernia repair in june....right in the final weeks of my cycle! I'm guessing now I'll have to hold off until about August to do the cycle. Damn it!!

Okay I'm a little more calm now...thanks for listenin'. :(

By the way, since I'm on the topic and all that, anybody here ever have a hernia repaired via laproscopy? I had one repaired the "old fashioned" way years ago and abdolutely do not want to go through that again. All replies welcome. :)

azgymrat

Awards
never had it myself but a friend said his was a peice of cake.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Just think of how much harder you'll be able to hit the weights after gettin everything all fixed up, and how much better the gains will be without fearing a massive injury. Run a quick 4 week PH cycle now to make up for it ;)

ManBeast

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
Pretty simple procedure. You shouldn't be down but 4-6 weeks with it. Just take it easy when you come back. You don't want to rip anything back open. Where is the hernia located? Is this a repair or a new one?

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Pretty simple procedure. You shouldn't be down but 4-6 weeks with it. Just take it easy when you come back. You don't want to rip anything back open. Where is the hernia located? Is this a repair or a new one?
It's an inguinal hernia, meaning it's in my groin. It's a new hernia, developed about 6-8 weeks ago (opposite side from the origional one a few years ago) but they still call the sergery a "repair" because they patch the opening where the hernia occured. My surgion tells me that I can be back in the gym 2 weeks after the operation but I think he may be underestimating the intensity of bodybuilder's training. I'm figuring on at least 4 weeks and then slowly ease back into things. With the old fashioned version of the operation I was 6 weeks just getting back to normal movement and then another month getting back to training hard.

ManBeast I think I just might do the ph cycle just to keep things movin along. Living in Canada though gear is cheaper and most times easier to get.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Silly me and my stupid American-centric way of thought... I've really got to work on that, heh.

ManBeast

azgymrat

Awards
. My surgion tells me that I can be back in the gym 2 weeks after the operation but I think he may be underestimating the intensity of bodybuilder's training. I'm figuring on at least 4 weeks and then slowly ease back into things. With the old fashioned version of the operation I was 6 weeks just getting back to normal movement and then another month getting back to training hard.
I think the difference is the old method required cutting through significant muscle to be able to get in and repiar the damage. The way they do it now is such a small incission that the trauma to the area is reduced therefore reduced recovery tme. Don't take this to the bank and deposit it yet but I think this is close as to why recovery is so much faster.