Anti-E's hinder any gains during Prohormone cycle - AnabolicMinds.com

Anti-E's hinder any gains during Prohormone cycle

1. Advanced Member

Anti-E's hinder any gains during Prohormone cycle

Please forgive me if there are already similiar threads that exist. I ran a search and could not find a great deal of information. This is being discussed over at bb.com

Pogue states "Reducing estrogen can decrease IGF & GH. Estrogen also plays a part in the androgen receptor."

Patrick Arnold states "From my real world experience and the experience of countless others, the answer is pretty much no. Gains are not noticeably decreased with concomitant administration of estrogen inhibitors."

Anyone care to comment. Thank you

2. Senior Member

I have run nolva on cycle & really not noticed any difference in gains. I don't gain as much initial weight, but that is mainly because the nolva reduces the bloating. Then I don't lose water weight at the start of pct.

I know there are benefits to having the estrogen present, but I don't think the gains are really hindered. I agree with PA's statement.
  3. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    I have run nolva on cycle & really not noticed any difference in gains. I don't gain as much initial weight, but that is mainly because the nolva reduces the bloating. Then I don't lose water weight at the start of pct.

I know there are benefits to having the estrogen present, but I don't think the gains are really hindered. I agree with PA's statement.
    Thank you for the feedback Longdog
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I believe that pouge might be refering to arimidex and such which eliminate all estrogen in the body, while PA is refering to SERMS like nolva, which block the action of it in certain tissues.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  5. Board Supporter

I've seen people who I consider very knowledgable take 10mg Nolva and .5 arimidex ED and still claim to get great results.
  6. Advanced Member

It hurt my gains when I used on my second to last cycle. I started using Aromazap on week 4(8week cycle) because my lifting partner was starting to show signs of gyno. I thought I would be careful even though I was having no problems. Within 5 days every joint in my body hurt, to the point I couldn't do heavy bench or squat at all. I quit the Aromazap and within another week I felt fine. But for that week I was on I just found it very hard to lift due to joint pain, so I will not do them again unless gyno rears its ugly head. I know this isn't exactly what you are referring to No Mercy but I thought I would share
  7. Professional Member

I think you should only use them as/when needed.
  8. Senior Member

I was speaking for my experiences with Nolva on-cycle. I've never run an aromatase inhibitor on-cycle.

But I will probably run letro with m1t next time around. I got bloated on my last m1t/4ad stack, & my next one will probably be in mid-summer. No need to look like a soft balloon in June or July. But in general, I agree they should only be used if you need them. Too many people get the phantom gyno scare & instantly start taking 40mg nolva.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Nolva won't reduce plasma estrogen much and even Arimidex or Letrozole will only reduce it around 50% in normal men. This number might go up if your using a heavyy aromatizing substance as Pat's 6-OXO showed (increased Test with a very slight drop in estrone levels). But how it actually effects gains is really unknown. I would think the decrease in GH and/or IGF-1 is very insignificant when it comes to the big picture. You bascually just want to keep them in normal physiological levels and this varies from person to person so your doses would also vary.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. Advanced Member

Thank you gentlemen
  11. New Member

Good info.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question about Lean Mass gains during week
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 10:09 AM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 12:38 AM
  3. Maintaining gains During Football season
    By El_Matarife in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 11:40 PM
  4. Milk Thistle hinders oral gains- a myth?
    By hypo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:23 PM
  5. how much gains kept after prohormone cycle?
    By slydeflex in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 02:10 PM