Anti-E's hinder any gains during Prohormone cycle

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
Please forgive me if there are already similiar threads that exist. I ran a search and could not find a great deal of information. This is being discussed over at bb.com

Pogue states "Reducing estrogen can decrease IGF & GH. Estrogen also plays a part in the androgen receptor."

Patrick Arnold states "From my real world experience and the experience of countless others, the answer is pretty much no. Gains are not noticeably decreased with concomitant administration of estrogen inhibitors."

Anyone care to comment. Thank you

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I have run nolva on cycle & really not noticed any difference in gains. I don't gain as much initial weight, but that is mainly because the nolva reduces the bloating. Then I don't lose water weight at the start of pct.

I know there are benefits to having the estrogen present, but I don't think the gains are really hindered. I agree with PA's statement.

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
I have run nolva on cycle & really not noticed any difference in gains. I don't gain as much initial weight, but that is mainly because the nolva reduces the bloating. Then I don't lose water weight at the start of pct.

I know there are benefits to having the estrogen present, but I don't think the gains are really hindered. I agree with PA's statement.
Thank you for the feedback Longdog

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I believe that pouge might be refering to arimidex and such which eliminate all estrogen in the body, while PA is refering to SERMS like nolva, which block the action of it in certain tissues.

ManBeast

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've seen people who I consider very knowledgable take 10mg Nolva and .5 arimidex ED and still claim to get great results.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
It hurt my gains when I used on my second to last cycle. I started using Aromazap on week 4(8week cycle) because my lifting partner was starting to show signs of gyno. I thought I would be careful even though I was having no problems. Within 5 days every joint in my body hurt, to the point I couldn't do heavy bench or squat at all. I quit the Aromazap and within another week I felt fine. But for that week I was on I just found it very hard to lift due to joint pain, so I will not do them again unless gyno rears its ugly head. I know this isn't exactly what you are referring to No Mercy but I thought I would share ;)

size

Awards
  • Established
I think you should only use them as/when needed.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I was speaking for my experiences with Nolva on-cycle. I've never run an aromatase inhibitor on-cycle.

But I will probably run letro with m1t next time around. I got bloated on my last m1t/4ad stack, & my next one will probably be in mid-summer. No need to look like a soft balloon in June or July. But in general, I agree they should only be used if you need them. Too many people get the phantom gyno scare & instantly start taking 40mg nolva.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nolva won't reduce plasma estrogen much and even Arimidex or Letrozole will only reduce it around 50% in normal men. This number might go up if your using a heavyy aromatizing substance as Pat's 6-OXO showed (increased Test with a very slight drop in estrone levels). But how it actually effects gains is really unknown. I would think the decrease in GH and/or IGF-1 is very insignificant when it comes to the big picture. You bascually just want to keep them in normal physiological levels and this varies from person to person so your doses would also vary.