How Much Should I Aspirate?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I have been using test e for about 8 weeks now, and have never had a problem. Pull up to aspirate slighly maybe the thing moves back another 1/2 cc or so. Is this enough?

I have had no problems with hitting a vein since I've been using my thigh, but today I aspirated like normal and thought I saw something...so I aspirated more. Pulled in some red material that looked like blood. I am using a 1.5" needle...so I don't think there is a vein in there that deep. Needless to say I didn't inject. I pulled it out and actually squirted the test/blood mixture out into my sink. Noticed the "blood" was dark red and had black spots in it....didn't know if this was from me actually being in a vein or if I just aspirated too much and pulled something else into the syringe.

Any ideas?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
you don't need to pull back much at all! if the needle tip is in a vein then there's positive pressure there, and if you pull back on the plunger, blood will gush into the syringe.

You pull back a little bit and usually see an air bubble sucking and then inject

I don't know what you sucked up but if you're pulling back on the plunger for 1/2cc and THEN pulling back more you are pulling way too hard. You're making a huge vacuum doing that. You're lucky you didn't suck all your muscle up too :p

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I can't imagine pulling back 1/2 cc actually, unless you are in a vein. you shouldn't be able to pull it back that far, unless you are leaving a ton of air in the syringe

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
i leave no air in the syringe...when I do pull back..i usually see a couple bubbles come in..then it pulls the plunger back down basically to where I started before inserting the needle....i figured it wasn't a vein I was in...just wondered more wtf I was sucking up lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been using test e for about 8 weeks now, and have never had a problem. Pull up to aspirate slighly maybe the thing moves back another 1/2 cc or so. Is this enough?

I have had no problems with hitting a vein since I've been using my thigh, but today I aspirated like normal and thought I saw something...so I aspirated more. Pulled in some red material that looked like blood. I am using a 1.5" needle...so I don't think there is a vein in there that deep. Needless to say I didn't inject. I pulled it out and actually squirted the test/blood mixture out into my sink. Noticed the "blood" was dark red and had black spots in it....didn't know if this was from me actually being in a vein or if I just aspirated too much and pulled something else into the syringe.

Any ideas?
You can hit a small veinuole/capillary bed on occassion which will give you a small speck of blood with aspiration at times. If the needle were to be introduced directly into a vein, you'd be able to pull back blood easily with aspiration.

It's important to use recommended landmark injection sites to limit the chance of coming in contact with any significant underlying vasculature or nerve complexes.

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
i leave no air in the syringe...when I do pull back..i usually see a couple bubbles come in..then it pulls the plunger back down basically to where I started before inserting the needle....i figured it wasn't a vein I was in...just wondered more wtf I was sucking up lol
theyre not really bubbles coming in, thats the vacuum. rarely do you aspirate fluid, as in fluid other than blood. in the case you hit a vein the blood should be in the syringe before you even aspirate due to the pressure.

i have on occasion aspirated, injected, and upon removal nicked something on the way out, resulting in blood leaving the injections site. you can actually feel this as it happens... almost feels like ripping through a tiny thread or something.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
theyre not really bubbles coming in, thats the vacuum. rarely do you aspirate fluid, as in fluid other than blood. in the case you hit a vein the blood should be in the syringe before you even aspirate due to the pressure.

i have on occasion aspirated, injected, and upon removal nicked something on the way out, resulting in blood leaving the injections site. you can actually feel this as it happens... almost feels like ripping through a tiny thread or something.
yea i have done that before...I just wonder if I aspirated too hard and just pulled something in...because it was a dark red color like blood...but had black specs in it...was wierd as ****

standoe3

Awards
Yeah if you pull back and anything red goes in your in the wrong spot pull out and try in another spot.....oh yeah by the way in the injsection is IM which means in a muscle....so dont put it where you have fat.....like the middle of your ass

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
yea i have done that before...I just wonder if I aspirated too hard and just pulled something in...because it was a dark red color like blood...but had black specs in it...was wierd as ****
yea it was speckled because gear is OIL...your blood contains much water... we all know oil and water dont mix. that WAS BLOOD, not some weird black stuff. in fact ive seen my blood look nearly black as night in a syringe before, and others its been light red like a blood orange... im pretty sure this has a lot to do with what you eat, iron levels and such. could be mistaken tho.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
It has to do with oxygen saturation of the red blood cell.

yea it was speckled because gear is OIL...your blood contains much water... we all know oil and water dont mix. that WAS BLOOD, not some weird black stuff. in fact ive seen my blood look nearly black as night in a syringe before, and others its been light red like a blood orange... im pretty sure this has a lot to do with what you eat, iron levels and such. could be mistaken tho.

liv2grow

Awards
I guess if you were to pull back 1/2mL or more when you aspirate you are bound to suck something up lol. you only need to pull back slightly and if you are in a vein blood would rush in. But in any case its better you pulled out the needle and did not inject if you thought there was a chance you hit a vein (or whatever it was).