Best practice - more sets/volume while on cycle?

RandomDude

Awards
Assume for a usual cycle, like test/dbol at normal doses. How much more time can/should you put in hitting the weights?

Obviously recovery gets better, so you could work out more often, or with more sets, etc, lots of options open up.

So - that's the question, compared to your normal gym routine, what have you had success with? Leaving the volume the same? Do 125% of the set volume compared to what works for you off-cycle?

There's the obvious 'try and see' approach, but I'm wondering what others have had success with.

This could go in the training forum, I realize, but I feel it's a fit here as well.

thanks

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
i just recently switched up my training, but on or off cycle i always hit the gym 5 days a week. clearly u are able to push more weight and do more sets ON cycle....so do it!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I leave the overall volume the same, but bump intensity and bump weights up faster/more aggressively. Truthfully if you are already doing it right, AAS don't add much to recovery as your limiter is CNS rather than muscle. None of the AAS significantly impact CNS recovery in a positive way. I train DC style so i'm already hitting every body part every 4th day as it is, so 3 days recovery is pretty minimum even on your choice of anabolics.