PH's and a College Athlete

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Yes, i know before you say it....NCAA banned!!! Yes they are, however I am ncaa medically redshirted recovering from a torn acl and am not subject to testing. I am six weeks out of surgery and really wana get back for spring ball drills and will be cleared to by then. It will be my redshirt junior year and I wana do some big things and continue to hit big numbers in the gym. I want to take a prohormone in the spring and do well in spring testing. I have never taken a prohormone but have tons of experience in every other aspect of the supplement and nutrition game. I play football so the goals are as always to gain weight, get faster and stronger. I have some constraints though

1. Nothing majorlly supressive

2. Nothing that will be in my system more than 5 months

3. Miniman PCT, Id like to got OTC :)twak:)

4. Cannot dry my knee out incredibly

I had thought about 1-andro RX, AMS 4 add and 1 ad, PP 1-T. Those are just some thoughts....u guys know way more than me. Thanks for the help.

onemind1body

onemind1body

Awards
  • Established
Hdrol 75 - 125 6 week ramp up. I too am a college athlete and although hdrol is dry , It has never dried my repaired shoulder (rotator surgery) enough to cause any pains or abnormalities. Pct is a breeze and shutdown is almost non existant . I'll be honest and say I've run it up to 150mg being around 6'1" ~220 and the results were nothing short of awesome and easy to maintain .

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
thanks man....what was ure on cycle and post cycle protocol?

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I recommend The One. It gives good size and strength gains with low sides and shutdown. It is not as dry as Hdrol but it has a reputation for quick size gains and some strength gains.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah...i forgot to add that one...ill see if i can find it online still....i found hdrol.

nah didnt find

Last edited:

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
yeah...i forgot to add that one...ill see if i can find it online still....i found hdrol.

nah didnt find
I was able to find it. But if you found Hdrol already go that route it will be good too.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established

nah didnt find
Personally I would not use one. Since your body is damaged and you will not be using your legs it will supercompensate your upper body to "equal things out". Therefore, your body will shift most growth to the upper body. I have seen people blow up in their upper body with knee surgery (including my twin brother who also had it from football). You can run one, but I personally say that (being a college football player myself) it is not worth the risk of failing a drug test or jeopardizing the health of you knee. But at the end of the day it is up to you. Goodluck man.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh, and by the way, I have had three shoulder surgeries and have enough metal in my shoulder to be bionic so I know where you are coming from bro. Goodluck

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I have actaully been lucky enough to have had a real smooth recovery and have been doing lunges, leg press, leg curls and all sorts of stuff so far. By the point where i would be taking it i would be well into cleans, deadlifts and squats so it wouldnt be a problem.

I play D-3 so drug testing is random and only if you make the playoffs. which we have done the last three years.

Yeah this game has ruined my body, i have a plate in my jaw now, a plastic screen in my belly, bolts in my shin, a hamstring tendon in my knee and no feeling in my groing from a groin surgery.......and yet i cant ever give it up.

I dont think compensating will be a problem at all though and im seriously considering a prohormone. I just need help to know which one.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
as far as jeopordizing the health of my knee...im under the conception that the more musculature in my leg the more stabile the knee??

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
as far as jeopordizing the health of my knee...im under the conception that the more musculature in my leg the more stabile the knee??
Yeah man football is too damn addictive. But to be honest I wish I could do it over and never play. It's not worth my shoulder feeling like this for the rest of my life but oh well. Gotta live with it. As far as your knee goes I was talking about joint and ligament health. PH/DS can weaken ligaments if you are not careful (as you stated "drying your joints out"). That is what I was referring to. If you run anything run hdrol or epi man. They are both good for first runs and will produce really nice gains without completely shutting you down hardcore. Goodluck with your decision.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i know exactly what ure saying....Im gonna feel like crap in five years, but ya can never do it again and its something few people get a shot at. Yeah can PH's dry out tendons because my acl got replaced with a tendon?...probablly the same thing though. I may try out h drol, but ive heard h drol and epistane are quite dry on the joints. I also dont think it would be too too safe doing a h drol otc PCT without a serm. I dunno though, have u had any experience with the non methylated compounds i had in the original post? JW.

Thanks guys for the help.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i know exactly what ure saying....Im gonna feel like crap in five years, but ya can never do it again and its something few people get a shot at. Yeah can PH's dry out tendons because my acl got replaced with a tendon?...probablly the same thing though. I may try out h drol, but ive heard h drol and epistane are quite dry on the joints. I also dont think it would be too too safe doing a h drol otc PCT without a serm. I dunno though, have u had any experience with the non methylated compounds i had in the original post? JW.

Thanks guys for the help.
Can't say I have tried any of those :(. However, maybe someone else can help you out with what would be most effective. I can tell you that Primordial Performance is a great company and people have had a great time with 1-T. So take that for what it's worth.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
I think you could pick any oral really. You shouldn't do PCT without a SERM imo. some people will argue here but the way I see it what are you gaining? you are paying more, taking unproven stuff, and you have no idea till it's already too late if your PCT even worked, and if it didn't you will be losing muscle like you can't believe. SERMs are not a big deal, they are cheap, they are proven. nuff said.

if you are recovering from an injury look into IGF too, i've ran 2-3mg of it and it helped me build muscle and repair both my knee and shoulder. so i'd take that and stack it with epi/tren or something like that for 5-6 weeks.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah i dont think theres much of a way for me to get IGF or a serm. I always here guys talking about how they know a guy or some crap, but they never ever wind up coming through.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, i would say you should go with something on the wet side.

but i like juice's comment, i think you should stay away, these are steroids, or convert into steroids, and not meant to be a quick fly by thing. much time and research should be put into learning about how to use them properly, and safely.

and no offense, it seems like you havn't put that time into learning about it, and dont have th time to put into it either. (im talking 6months to a year, or more of researching it)

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
If youre D3, its not that big of a deal like they said. Just be advised that serms stay in your system a while. Epi and H-drol are your guys.

And football is the best game in the whole world. I wish I could go back and play under friday night lights forever.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hey bro ive tried 1-t and hdrol and both were ok on my joints and ive struggled with tendonitis in the past. and i used otc pct for both if u have any questions about them hit me up in pm.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Epi and H-drol as they said. I haven't taken H-drol but I just finished an Epi cycle. No sides, felt great the whole way through, and PCT was fairly minimal (did run 4 weeks of clomid). Strength gains were massive. I didn't bulk at all but my diet was geared towards recomping, which it did nicely. Serms are not hard to find. google "research companies". Regardless of what you use, I recommend a SERM as well.

Oh, I have had knee surgery (ACL and m. meniscus) as well as lingering tendonitis in my right shoulder, and dryness was fairly minimal. If it became a problem I upped fish oil, as well as took glucosamine and chondroitin. Like I said, dryness was there a little but only at around 50mg+ (i ran it up to 60).

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
You have a lot of time to run a good cycle with pct and still have 6 months before any testing will come around. A ton of football players higher than D3 cycle in the offseason.

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
You have a lot of time to run a good cycle with pct and still have 6 months before any testing will come around. A ton of football players higher than D3 cycle in the offseason.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Wow thanks for all the advice guys.

I know just about everyone recommends serms, but what tex said is what ive been thinking. These serms are in ure system for a while and i know there the absolute first thing on the poster of banend substances in the trainers room. I know they work, are incredibly effective and cheaper than OTC, but OTC ussually is out faster....

tatro, i dont think i wana go as high as you with the epi....probably 40mg at the absolute most