Amateur Bodybuilder Steroid Cycles?

L

liftw8t

Awards
Okay got a question, now i'm a amateur bodybuilder trying to get to national level and I realize I have to go up a weight class. Now one thing i notice is when i diet for a show my weight will be say 193 then i come down to 177, once I start eating I go up heavier the next time. My question is to go up another weight class how should I run my cycles. Currently have been doing this natural with the exceptions of a few PH's but I dont want to do too much to where i'll be messed up later. Plan on taking a full year off to bulk up, i am hard gainer so now i;m looking for some assistance.

Stats:
5'10"
185lbs**bf was getting high so had to come down
7-8%

What i need to know is:
-one calendar year how many cycles should I run.

-Should I bulk then come down even if i'm still lean does this do anything for my body

- What should my cycles look like ( I know that test is with everything so plan to do sust or test e with each cycle)

-How long should each cycle be I know OFF= ON+PCT so would it be wiser to run shorter cycles like 6-8 weeks oppossed to longer ones like 12?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
This totally depends on what you want to do. Most BB'ers run 2 cycles/year. One for the show, one in the off season to stay lean while bulking. The drugs that you would use would differ depending on your goals. For instance, you would probably use a test base in the off season, and run a tren base for the show. Some more experienced users should chime in for specifics.

L

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
What i need to know is:
-one calendar year how many cycles should I run.
Depends on the length of each cycle. Generally the rule of thumb is Time on + PCT = Time off. Meaning, if you run a 10 week cycle followed up with a 4 week PCT, then there should be 14 weeks between the end of PCT and the beginning of your next cycle.

-Should I bulk then come down even if i'm still lean does this do anything for my body
Huh?

- What should my cycles look like ( I know that test is with everything so plan to do sust or test e with each cycle)
That's up to you. You should invest time into researching different compounds.

-How long should each cycle be I know OFF= ON+PCT so would it be wiser to run shorter cycles like 6-8 weeks oppossed to longer ones like 12?
After running a 10-weeker, I don't plan on ever running a long cycle again. That's just me. I don't like waiting so long until I can run my next cycle. From now on I will only be running short cycles of 2-8 weeks with higher dosages and short esters. That way I can safely do more cycles per year. That's just me, though, some people prefer longer cycles. It seems most people these days are running 10-12 weekers with long esters. Keep in mind the gains from an 8-week Test Prop cycle would be comparable to a 10 week Test-E cycle because of the time it takes for the enanthate ester to really kick in.
Sounds like you have a LOT of research to do. These questions seem very basic, and you should be at a point in your research where you already know the answers long before starting your first cycle.

What did your PH cycles look like? Also, what did your PCT look like for those cycles (if you even did PCT)?

L

liftw8t

Awards
This totally depends on what you want to do. Most BB'ers run 2 cycles/year. One for the show, one in the off season to stay lean while bulking. The drugs that you would use would differ depending on your goals. For instance, you would probably use a test base in the off season, and run a tren base for the show. Some more experienced users should chime in for specifics.
Okay gotcha thanks for the info, but i guess i would be strictly bulking next year not worrying about a show just have to take my time and get my weight up. Now I planned to run probably around february or march. How long do you think bulk cycles should be?

L

liftw8t

Awards
Sounds like you have a LOT of research to do. These questions seem very basic, and you should be at a point in your research where you already know the answers long before starting your first cycle.

What did your PH cycles look like? Also, what did your PCT look like for those cycles (if you even did PCT)?
Nah i really do have answers to these questions its just one of those thing where I would like reassurance about it and how to do it on a competetive bodybuilding level, I dont think I will need to juice to prep for a show cus I shred like no other when it comes time. But really as it gets closer to the beginning of the year i start double guessing myself and what I have done research on.

Cycle looks like this:
-dont think i will be a fan of long cycles but at the same time if I run long esters I need to run longer because it takes longer to kick in

Test En or Sust250: at 500mg(split into 2 shots) a week pinning Monday and Thursday--10 weeks
EQ: 400mg a weeks (spliting into 2 shots) pinning same as Test----8 weeks
Anadrol or if anyone thinks a better kickstart would be PH and which one: (drol) 50mg ED---4 weeks this is kickstart purpose

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whoa, if you think superdrol is a pro hormone you really do need to research more.

thats a full blown steroid, and no need to go up to 50mg on it either.

20mg for 4 weeks, maybe 30mg max is all you need.

the less you have to use, the better.

I would say since this is your first inject cycle, why not just run the test, kick started with something like sd, dbol, or phera.

i mean, stacking two injects plus adding in an oral seems like alot for a first cycle. more than needed.

but all this isn't important, more info is needed, as to what ph's have you used in the past? (if you've used a ph, you aren't a natural body builder btw)

im not trying to bash you, just help you out.

and do i dare ask what you plan on running for pct?

L

liftw8t

Awards
whoa, if you think superdrol is a pro hormone you really do need to research more.
I do understand that it is a steroid, i mean prohormones convert into something.
thats a full blown steroid, and no need to go up to 50mg on it either.

20mg for 4 weeks, maybe 30mg max is all you need.

the less you have to use, the better.

I would say since this is your first inject cycle, why not just run the test, kick started with something like sd, dbol, or phera.
Okay wasnt planning on taking 50mg a Sdrol i know thats too high but question was is it a better kickstart to do Phera or SD or just run Anadrol
i mean, stacking two injects plus adding in an oral seems like alot for a first cycle. more than needed.
Yeah was only doing EQ for this so called apettite increase effect so was probably gonna run it more like 200-300mg
but all this isn't important, more info is needed, as to what ph's have you used in the past? (if you've used a ph, you aren't a natural body builder btw)
Ran Mass Tabs a while back for 4 weeks just took recommended doses.
Epistane 20/30/30/40
im not trying to bash you, just help you out.
I feel you much appreciated
and do i dare ask what you plan on running for pct?
PCT looks like Clomid 100/100/50/50 and Nolva 40/40/20/20 this seems to be the basic pct was considering running an AI or HCG but I was told that if I have clomid then dont need HCG and if I did AI along with these to SERM's could I run just for 2 weeks the last 2 weeks of PCT that is?
**And I know if I ran PH's i'm not natural thats why I just figured leave the PH's alone and hit real stuff like everyone else**Also if anyone has information on what is called a "BRIDGE" between Cycles and if you can use a PH like H-Drol or Epistane during or after PCT

K

Koryo1233

Awards
Except you should realize that SD doesnt convert, it's already active.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
PCT looks like Clomid 100/100/50/50 and Nolva 40/40/20/20 this seems to be the basic pct was considering running an AI or HCG but I was told that if I have clomid then dont need HCG and if I did AI along with these to SERM's could I run just for 2 weeks the last 2 weeks of PCT that is?
**And I know if I ran PH's i'm not natural thats why I just figured leave the PH's alone and hit real stuff like everyone else**Also if anyone has information on what is called a "BRIDGE" between Cycles and if you can use a PH like H-Drol or Epistane during or after PCT
A bridge is when you "bridge" from one hormone to another while having a week or two on both at lower doses. Also, you would never take another steroid during pct. Your body needs time to heal. You just totally lost my confidence in terms of thinking that you are anywhere close to having the knowledge nessesary to run a cycle successfully. You definately need to educate yourself in this regard before your estimated start time. Best of luck to you.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea, and if those are the only ph cycles you've ran. sorry, i have bad news, none of the "ph's" you listed convert into anything, they are all already active steroids.
no conversion needed.
and hd also isn't a ph. it too is a steroid. it could be considerded p.s/ds due to some of it converting into oral turinabol. which would make it a pro steroid. but being that it's already active, with no conversion needed to have effect, it is also a steroid in it's own right.
the following are all curently available steroids sold as ph's.
superdrol
phera plex
epistane
m14add
halodrol
promagnon
cynostane
dymethazine
"the one"
protodrol
-------------
and these are the ones off the top of my head. there are more out there.

I would recomend u just using nolva + hcg as pct, and dropping the clomid. no need for both. if you can get hcg, use that. it will be way better than clomid and nolva together.
-------
pct is such a easy thing to mess up, if you dont know the right stuff. even with the right research, it still takes time to figure out what works best with your body.

L

liftw8t

Awards
A bridge is when you "bridge" from one hormone to another while having a week or two on both at lower doses. Also, you would never take another steroid during pct. Your body needs time to heal. You just totally lost my confidence in terms of thinking that you are anywhere close to having the knowledge nessesary to run a cycle successfully. You definately need to educate yourself in this regard before your estimated start time. Best of luck to you.
I totally agree, this is why i didnt run my cycle planned before because i felt i needed to educate myself more. I'm asking these questions to learn if you notice I wasnt one of the dummys that says "So i started my cycle of.......and now i need to know what to do" but tell me more please need to learn. Although I may not be ready to run Cycle, how does Pheraplex and SD compare to Anadrol because if i cant handle one of them I doubt I will be able to handle Anadrol so I might consider running a Phera or SD run to see how my body responds. Can anyone elaborate on this subject?

L

liftw8t

Awards
yea, and if those are the only ph cycles you've ran. sorry, i have bad news, none of the "ph's" you listed convert into anything, they are all already active steroids.
no conversion needed.
and hd also isn't a ph. it too is a steroid. it could be considerded p.s/ds due to some of it converting into oral turinabol. which would make it a pro steroid. but being that it's already active, with no conversion needed to have effect, it is also a steroid in it's own right.
the following are all curently available steroids sold as ph's.
superdrol
phera plex
epistane
m14add
halodrol
promagnon
cynostane
dymethazine
"the one"
protodrol
-------------
and these are the ones off the top of my head. there are more out there.

I would recomend u just using nolva + hcg as pct, and dropping the clomid. no need for both. if you can get hcg, use that. it will be way better than clomid and nolva together.
-------
pct is such a easy thing to mess up, if you dont know the right stuff. even with the right research, it still takes time to figure out what works best with your body.
Right right, that sounds good but I think I will delay my cycle even longer i mean i do have alot to learn and i dont want to mess anything up. Now Phera and SD are probably the best for size right, how is M14AD and Halodrol, which one of those beside epistane is a mild but yields pretty decent gains like looking for 5lbs of solid weight from a run really to be realistic. And if I use any of these (let me stop calling them PH's lol) should I run a PCT like a regular cycle or will nolva sufice. Also can I take AI to keep sides down while on orals like these?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
let me look in my copy of anabolics 2009. i'll get back to you on sd vs anadrol. but i've read before when they were making sd and a-50, the company decided to go with a-50 due to less risk of sides than sd.

but theraputic users weren't using bb dosage of 100 plus mg's.

i'd go with a bombs for sheer mass and strength. but estrogen sides are very high for this steroid.

sd is great, but much more dry, and no worry about it converting into gyno.

brb gonna go look.

id go with dbol

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Right right, that sounds good but I think I will delay my cycle even longer i mean i do have alot to learn and i dont want to mess anything up. Now Phera and SD are probably the best for size right, how is M14AD and Halodrol, which one of those beside epistane is a mild but yields pretty decent gains like looking for 5lbs of solid weight from a run really to be realistic. And if I use any of these (let me stop calling them PH's lol) should I run a PCT like a regular cycle or will nolva sufice. Also can I take AI to keep sides down while on orals like these?
It is great you are doing research on this. I applaud you for that. As far as your questions. Phera is a little milder than Sdrol in terms of sides and gains. Sdrol is arguably the most powerful DS out there and produces the worst sides (however, Phera works just as well as Sdrol in some individuals). As for the PCT question different PCT's should be run for different cycles. Just always make sure to research the particular cycle that you are planning on doing and plan your PCT around it based on the length of the cycle and the compounds. Just make sure to do your research as these compounds are not even close to the natural supps that you have been taking and can mess you up if you don't know the in's and out's of them. Keep researching until you feel comfortable you understand how all of this works and then run your cycle.

By the way, I am a competitive bodybuilder as well :D. However, I am a mesomorph with a slightly slower metabolism than most but it still works :). Goodluck man on getting to the national level. It's going to be a tough ride but it's def doable.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
let me look in my copy of anabolics 2009. i'll get back to you on sd vs anadrol. but i've read before when they were making sd and a-50, the company decided to go with a-50 due to less risk of sides than sd.

i'd go with a bombs for sheer mass and strength. but estrogen sides are very high for this steroid.

brb gonna go look.
Great book :thumbsup:

L

liftw8t

Awards

brb gonna go look.
Dont worry about it converting into gyno???really? I thought SD had harsh sides. But really I just want to look at doing an Oral cycle cus i know i'm not ready for real stuff so i'm considering one of these orals you listed. Any recommendations and how it should be run?

L

liftw8t

Awards
It is great you are doing research on this. I applaud you for that. As far as your questions. Phera is a little milder than Sdrol in terms of sides and gains. Sdrol is arguably the most powerful DS out there and produces the worst sides (however, Phera works just as well as Sdrol in some individuals). As for the PCT question different PCT's should be run for different cycles. Just always make sure to research the particular cycle that you are planning on doing and plan your PCT around it based on the length of the cycle and the compounds. Just make sure to do your research as these compounds are not even close to the natural supps that you have been taking and can mess you up if you don't know the in's and out's of them. Keep researching until you feel comfortable you understand how all of this works and then run your cycle.

By the way, I am a competitive bodybuilder as well :D. However, I am a mesomorph with a slightly slower metabolism than most but it still works :). Goodluck man on getting to the national level. It's going to be a tough ride but it's def doable.
Yeah man actually researching the Phera now and it sounds like a winner cus like i said not looking for something extraordinary just something i can take here and there to put on maybe 5lbs or more when i use it. Now how does shutdown work with Phera is it like Test E to where it stops natural production and please dont tear me a new one for this comment just not sure thats why i'm asking. And juice what you compete as I see you 6'0" you have to go in heavy or light heavy huh. I'm ready for the ride just want to be fully equipped.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what i meant was dont worry about it converting into estrogen.
but in actuallity a-50 doesn't convert into e either, but seems to act directly on both androgen receptors, and estrogen receptors.

i dont find sd that harsh. but it effects everyone different.

im out, i'll let you do the research yourself.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah man actually researching the Phera now and it sounds like a winner cus like i said not looking for something extraordinary just something i can take here and there to put on maybe 5lbs or more when i use it. Now how does shutdown work with Phera is it like Test E to where it stops natural production and please dont tear me a new one for this comment just not sure thats why i'm asking. And juice what you compete as I see you 6'0" you have to go in heavy or light heavy huh. I'm ready for the ride just want to be fully equipped.
For the question on shutdown, just remember this one basic rule: If it is a steroid it will shut you down. Now, there are different levels of shutdown, but yes it will shut you down. And Phera would be good for a first cycle as would Epi for what you are looking to do. I would run the phera though for mass. And steroids are extraordinary man. I mean, you're natural, and I know as well as you do that you can put on about 10-15lbs of mass per year naturally and maybe not even that much if you don't do things right. With AAS you can put on that much in the matter of a few weeks. This is serious stuff man and that is why everyone is saying research. It's good you have started research. Make sure you cover all of your bases. And I'm actually 5' 11'' or 6' 0'' depending on who measures me so it changes per the comp I decide to go to. This past year I went to an amateur natural comp and the levels where based off of age :). That was the first one like that that I had ever entered. But as far as my track record I have won two amateur shows and one teen show when I was younger. Love the feeling of being on stage :cheers:

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
Anadrol or if anyone thinks a better kickstart would be PH and which one: (drol) 50mg ED---4 weeks this is kickstart purpose

not quite sure but.. i think he is asking if there is a better ph he can use othet then abombs... and when he says drol.. thats usually an abbreviation for anadrol.. which at 50mg is a reasonable dose

L

liftw8t

Awards
Okay i know this post is old, but i have been doing more research but i still have a few questions. I've been researching short cycles and think i would be more inclined to do them oppossed to longer cycles.
So i'm considering: Cycle Option 1: 6 wks, Cycle Option 2: 6 wks on 2 wks off 6 wks on and 2 months off, and lastly 8 wks. Now i'm debating and like i said above i'm competitive bodybuilder and my goal is to qualify for nationals this year, and not sure what strategy is best, i'm thinking less time on means less time off which ultimately means more cycles throughout the year. With me being new to juicing not sure which approach to use.
I have done more research and have come to a conclusion the AAS i'm interested in using over the next 2 years and what i think about them:
1) Test E (think would be great for first cycle but i know it takes 4 weeks to kick in and would it be worth running for 6-8 wks),

2) Sust ( really like it but once again takes 4 weeks to kick and the debate is pinning EOD or E3D),
3) Tbol (this i think will be best oral for me),
4) Anavar (will definately be what i use at end of cycle to help solidify gains or Proviron),
5) HCG ( i'm finding that it is most important that i recover so to relieve shut down this is the one)
6) NPP ( want to use down the line because i know i will not get big without deca i dont think ever in history of bodybuilding someone has gone pro without it lol),
7) EQ ( I like this but I'm not sure it will work for the time periods i plan on running my cycles)
8) Tren ( not sure which one enathate or acetate but i do want to try it but no time soon i know it is powerful and i feel it will help take me to the next level)
9) Test Prop (plan on using this but i know it will be used around contest prep).

Well guys that is some of what i've come up with, I now know what i want to take but not sure how to go about using these for the time periods i want to run, hope someone can help me please. For my first cycle want to use Test E and Tbol but can i run Test E on a short cycle like 6-8 wks which one of my strategies above will work for this? Thanks****better....geez

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Okay i know this post is old, but i have been doing more research but i still have a few questions. I've been researching short cycles and think i would be more inclined to do them oppossed to longer cycles. So i'm considering: Cycle Option 1: 6 wks, Cycle Option 2: 6 wks on 2 wks off 6 wks on and 2 months off, and lastly 8 wks. Now i'm debating and like i said above i'm competitive bodybuilder and my goal is to qualify for nationals this year, and not sure what strategy is best, i'm thinking less time on means less time off which ultimately means more cycles throughout the year. With me being new to juicing not sure which approach to use. I have done more research and have come to a conclusion the AAS i'm interested in using over the next 2 years and what i think about them: Test E (think would be great for first cycle but i know it takes 4 weeks to kick in and would it be worth running for 6-8 wks), Sust ( really like it but once again takes 4 weeks to kick and the debate is pinning EOD or E3D), Tbol (this i think will be best oral for me), Anavar (will definately be what i use at end of cycle to help solidify gains or Proviron), HCG ( i'm finding that it is most important that i recover so to relieve shut down this is the one) NPP ( want to use down the line because i know i will not get big without deca i dont think ever in history of bodybuilding someone has gone pro without it lol), EQ ( I like this but I'm not sure it will work for the time periods i plan on running my cycles) Tren ( not sure which one enathate or acetate but i do want to try it but no time soon i know it is powerful and i feel it will help take me to the next level) Test Prop (plan on using this but i know it will be used around contest prep). Well guys that is some of what i've come up with, I now know what i want to take but not sure how to go about using these for the time periods i want to run, hope someone can help me please. For my first cycle want to use Test E and Tbol but can i run Test E on a short cycle like 6-8 wks which one of my strategies above will work for this? Thanks
sh!t man, clean that mess up so we can actually help and answer ur questions

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay i know this post is old, but i have been doing more research but i still have a few questions. I've been researching short cycles and think i would be more inclined to do them oppossed to longer cycles. So i'm considering: Cycle Option 1: 6 wks, Cycle Option 2: 6 wks on 2 wks off 6 wks on and 2 months off, and lastly 8 wks. Now i'm debating and like i said above i'm competitive bodybuilder and my goal is to qualify for nationals this year, and not sure what strategy is best, i'm thinking less time on means less time off which ultimately means more cycles throughout the year. With me being new to juicing not sure which approach to use. I have done more research and have come to a conclusion the AAS i'm interested in using over the next 2 years and what i think about them: Test E (think would be great for first cycle but i know it takes 4 weeks to kick in and would it be worth running for 6-8 wks), Sust ( really like it but once again takes 4 weeks to kick and the debate is pinning EOD or E3D), Tbol (this i think will be best oral for me), Anavar (will definately be what i use at end of cycle to help solidify gains or Proviron), HCG ( i'm finding that it is most important that i recover so to relieve shut down this is the one) NPP ( want to use down the line because i know i will not get big without deca i dont think ever in history of bodybuilding someone has gone pro without it lol), EQ ( I like this but I'm not sure it will work for the time periods i plan on running my cycles) Tren ( not sure which one enathate or acetate but i do want to try it but no time soon i know it is powerful and i feel it will help take me to the next level) Test Prop (plan on using this but i know it will be used around contest prep). Well guys that is some of what i've come up with, I now know what i want to take but not sure how to go about using these for the time periods i want to run, hope someone can help me please. For my first cycle want to use Test E and Tbol but can i run Test E on a short cycle like 6-8 wks which one of my strategies above will work for this? Thanks
wut? :thinking: