Tender nipps on Methyl Dien

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Awards
A friend and I are both expericening tneder nipples while on Methyl Dien. He says it is from too many titty twisters, I say it is not. Just kidding. IN any event I suppose that means we should add nolva but I just wnat to make sure that is the correct course of action.

Thanks,

TF

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I would get some nolva just in case cause you don't want to get gyno.

Bryan

Awards
correct me if I'm wrong but I believe nolva wont do much for mdien induced gyno, Vitex might be a better weapon of choice.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Bryan is right. Get some bromo or vitex, its the progesterone thats most likely causing problems. Then again, we aren't certain on the entire specifics on mdien so i would get both.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, Bryan is wrong. Nolva is your best bet at reducing progesteron and or prolactin related gyno.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Thats not my experience from using tren, but Bobo does usually have the science to back up his opinions. Best bet is to cover both ends, and get nolva and vitex/bromo.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I covered this topic in another thread some time ago and this is what I said. Its much easier to do this than just type it all out again ;)

For those that think they need Vitex or Bromo or whatever for the use of Tren and/or Deca gyno, Nolva is your best bet. From the theroy it seems prolactin is much more involved (as everyone speculated) and either Tamoxifen and/or Raloxifene reduces prolactin significantly.

Antiestrogenic properties of raloxifene.

Draper MW, Flowers DE, Neild JA, Huster WJ, Zerbe RL.

Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA.

This 21-day, open-label study evaluated the effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen on estrogen-induced changes in serum levels of anterior pituitary hormones (prolactin, luteinizing hormone, and follicle-stimulating hormone), sex steroids (testosterone, estradiol), and binding globulins [thyroid binding globulin (T3 resin uptake), transcortin, sex steroid binding globulin]. Seventeen healthy male volunteers completed the study after being randomized to one of three treatments: raloxifene, tamoxifen, or placebo. Six subjects received raloxifene (200 mg daily) for 10 days, 6 subjects received tamoxifen [20 mg twice a day (b.i.d.)] for 10 days, and 5 subjects received placebo for 10 days. All subjects received ethinyl estradiol (20 micrograms b.i.d.) for 7 days starting 3 days after initiation of study drug or placebo treatment. Results of the primary analysis of this study indicate that for six of the seven analyzable parameters of estrogen action (excluding luteinizing hormone) raloxifene blunted the estrogen response; this effect was significant only for T3 resin uptake. Tamoxifen administration significantly blunted or reversed the estrogen effect in all six of these parameters. Raloxifene, an effective antiestrogen in animal models, is also antiestrogenic in humans.

"Anyway, when ethinyl estradiol was given, prolactin increased by 2.96 ng/ml above baseline in the placebo group. Tamoxifen completely reversed this leading to a drop of 1.29 ng/ml below baseline. Raloxifene only blunted the increase: after raloxifene administration, prolactin remained elevated by 0.85 ng/ml."

Testosterone-induced hyperprolactinaemia in a patient with a disturbance of hypothalamo-pituitary regulation.

Nicoletti I, Filipponi P, Fedeli L, Ambrosi F, Gregorini G, Santeusanio F.

A case of a patient with hypopituitarism due to a disturbance of hypothalamo-pituitary regulation is presented, who developed high-grade hyperprolactinaemia after the initiation of substitutive therapy with testosterone esthers.The increase in serum Prl was strictly related to testosterone aromatization to oestradiol, since anti-oestrogen compounds were effective in reducing (clomiphene) or abolishing (tamoxifen) the enhanced Prl secretion. The oestrogen effect in raising Prl release was not attributable to a reduction in the dopamine inhibition of Prl-secreting cells, as the dopamine-antagonist domperidone failed to increase Prl serum levels in the same patient. This suggests that, in man, the oestrogen effect in enhancing Prl release is mainly enacted directly on the pituitary lactotrophs rather than exerted through a reduction in the hypothalamic dopamine ..

As Nandi put it:

"So for those people worried about the (IMO non-existent) prolactin induced gyno, tamoxifen looks like it would be an effective treatment. Another reason to forget the foolish use of bromocriptine to treat gyno and just stick with the tried and true Nolvadex."

This sums its nice rather nice

"A cursory medline search will turn up a number of papers where the relationship between gynecomastia and progesterone is mentioned.

"What is being said is basically that progesterone can only cause or aggravate gyno in the presence of circulating estrogen."

Just a couple of quotes from studies I pulled up on medline:

"Plasma progesterone was raised in 36 of 50 (72%) men with liver disease compared with 20 healthy male control subjects. Plasma progesterone was significantly higher in men with non-alcoholic cirrhosis with gynaecomastia than those without, but no similar relationship was found in men with alcoholic fatty change and alcoholic cirrhosis. Hyperprolactinaemia was found in 14% of men with liver disease but levels were unrelated to the presence of gynaecomastia.. Increased circulating levels of progesterone and prolactin alone do not explain the development of gynaecomastia in patients with liver disease, but progesterone may be an additional factor acting in association with the known disturbances of other sex steroids. (1)

Progesterone enhances estrogen's stimulation of mammary gland growth, and our findings suggest that progesterone may play a role in the gynecomastia that occurs in men with hyperthyroidism. (2)

This is all we are saying: progesterone/progestins themselves are not capable of causing gyno (study 1), but enhance the action of estrogen, which is typically elevated in hyperthyroidism (study 2).

"True gynecomastia is a condition in which there is an enlargement of the male breast due to an increase in ductal tissue and periductal stroma.[13]"

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle...LN3SJ1SStuTa53D|-3360746919023192434/184161393/6/7001/7001/7002/7002/7001/-1

Estrogen receptor knockout mice manifest significantly impaired ductal development, implying that estrogen is key to ductal development, and by definition (see phrase in quotes above) gynecomastia.

I've cited these references time and time again. This is truly flogging a dead horse. If others wish to continue the discussion please do so. I'm bowing out as everything that can be said has been said many times over.

(1) Gut. 1982 Apr;23(4):276-9.

Progesterone, prolactin, and gynaecomastia in men with liver disease.

Farthing MJ, Green JR, Edwards CR, Dawson AM.

(2) J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1988 Jan;66(1):230-2.

High serum progesterone in hyperthyroid men with Graves' disease.

Nomura K, Suzuki H, Saji M, Horiba N, Ujihara M, Tsushima T, Demura H, Shizume K.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Like I said....Bobo usually has the research to back it up. :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why? Have any case study to back that up before you make recommendations towads someone's health?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of the things that really gets me is when people recommend vitamins or herbal supplements to treat a medical condition (because thats what it is) without any proof whatsoever when the best available meds are easy to obtain. This sounds like something Nelson Montana would say....

E-Swift

Awards
One of the things that really gets me is when people recommend vitamins or herbal supplements to treat a medical condition (because thats what it is) without any proof whatsoever when the best available meds are easy to obtain. This sounds like something Nelson Montana would say....
Dude, you're an asshole. Here's your proof.

Thanks wood from AF

=============================================
Suppression of Lactation:

When the mother chooses not to breast feed or the baby is lost, suppression of lactation may be required. Initially the breasts get engorged, however in the absence of suckling further milk production stops on its own. Firm support to the breasts is helpful in reducing the discomfort. Manual expression is not very helpful as it promotes further milk secretion. Estrogens in high doses can suppress lactation, however there are side effects and the risk of venous thrombosis, hence these are not recommended. Bromocryptine, a dopamine agonist, given 2.5 mg twice a day for 14 days can suppress lactation by producing a fall in prolactin levels. This therapy is expensive, has side effects and there may be rebound lactation once the drug is stopped. FDA no longer approves it. Pyridoxine – Vitamin B6, given 200 mg three times a day for 5-7 days is quite effective in suppressing lactation and the drug has no side effects.
================================================
Got Wood? note : adding Bromo to your cycle only adds to the potential anabolic cascade, and potentially negative drug interactions. In medicine B6 is supposed to be as effective as Bromo. Plus vitamin B6 has few side effects.
Here are a few of many studies supporting the use of Vitamin B6 in reducing prolactin:
======================================
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1976 Mar;42(3):603-6

Effect of pyridoxine on human hypophyseal trophic hormone release: a possible stimulation of hypothalamic dopaminergic pathway.

Delitala G, Masala A, Alagna S, Devilla L.

A single dose of pyridoxine (300 mg iv) produced significant rises in peak levels of immunoreactive growth hormone GH and significant decrease of plasma prolactin PRL in 8 hospitalized healthy subjects. Serum glucose, luteinizing hormone LH, follicle stimulating hormone FSH and thyrotropin TSH were not altered significantly. In addition, in 5 acromegalic patients who were studied with both L-dopa and pyridoxine, inhibition of GH secretion followed either agent in a similar pattern. These data suggest a hypothalamic dopaminergic effect of pyridoxine.

===============================
N Engl J Med 1982 Aug 12;307(7):444-5

Pyridoxine (B6) suppresses the rise in prolactin and increases the rise in growth hormone induced by exercise.

Moretti C, Fabbri A, Gnessi L, Bonifacio V, Fraioli F, Isidori A.

=====================================
Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper 1984 Feb 28;60(2):273-8

[Influence of administration of pyridoxine on circadian rhythm of plasma ACTH, cortisol prolactin and somatotropin in normal subjects]

[Article in Italian]

Barletta C, Sellini M, Bartoli A, Bigi C, Buzzetti R, Giovannini C.

The influence of vitamin B6 in a dosage of 300 mg X 2 in 24 hrs, on circadian rhythm of plasmatic ACTH, cortisol, prolactin and somatotropin have been studied in 10 normal women. After vitamin B6 24 hrs pattern of ACTH and cortisol is unchanged; prolactin levels are slightly lower, in a statistically unsignificant proportion the night peak of growth hormone is higher in a statistically significant proportion (p. 0.05). The effect of vitamin B6 is likely to me mediated by dopaminergic receptors at hypothalamic level as previous studies by other Authors appear to prove.
====================================

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks wood from AF

When the mother chooses not to breast feed or the baby is lost, suppression of lactation may be required. Initially the breasts get engorged, however in the absence of suckling further milk production stops on its own. Firm support to the breasts is helpful in reducing the discomfort. Manual expression is not very helpful as it promotes further milk secretion. Estrogens in high doses can suppress lactation, however there are side effects and the risk of venous thrombosis, hence these are not recommended. Bromocryptine, a dopamine agonist, given 2.5 mg twice a day for 14 days can suppress lactation by producing a fall in prolactin levels. This therapy is expensive, has side effects and there may be rebound lactation once the drug is stopped. FDA no longer approves it. Pyridoxine – Vitamin B6, given 200 mg three times a day for 5-7 days is quite effective in suppressing lactation and the drug has no side effects.
Got Wood? note : adding Bromo to your cycle only adds to the potential anabolic cascade, and potentially negative drug interactions. In medicine B6 is supposed to be as effective as Bromo. Plus vitamin B6 has few side effects.
Here are a few of many studies supporting the use of Vitamin B6 in reducing prolactin:

Effect of pyridoxine on human hypophyseal trophic hormone release: a possible stimulation of hypothalamic dopaminergic pathway.

A single dose of pyridoxine (300 mg iv) produced significant rises in peak levels of immunoreactive growth hormone GH and significant decrease of plasma prolactin PRL in 8 hospitalized healthy subjects. Serum glucose, luteinizing hormone LH, follicle stimulating hormone FSH and thyrotropin TSH were not altered significantly. In addition, in 5 acromegalic patients who were studied with both L-dopa and pyridoxine, inhibition of GH secretion followed either agent in a similar pattern. These data suggest a hypothalamic dopaminergic effect of pyridoxine.

Pyridoxine (B6) suppresses the rise in prolactin and increases the rise in growth hormone induced by exercise.

[Influence of administration of pyridoxine on circadian rhythm of plasma ACTH, cortisol prolactin and somatotropin in normal subjects]

[Article in Italian]

The influence of vitamin B6 in a dosage of 300 mg X 2 in 24 hrs, on circadian rhythm of plasmatic ACTH, cortisol, prolactin and somatotropin have been studied in 10 normal women. After vitamin B6 24 hrs pattern of ACTH and cortisol is unchanged; prolactin levels are slightly lower, in a statistically unsignificant proportion the night peak of growth hormone is higher in a statistically significant proportion (p. 0.05). The effect of vitamin B6 is likely to me mediated by dopaminergic receptors at hypothalamic level as previous studies by other Authors appear to prove.

Dude, your a fuckin idiot.

1. In lactating women. Its a little different in men you idiot.

2. It was statistically INSIGNIFICANT! You know what that means you fuckin dope?

3. It was through a FUCKIN IV!

4. THis was in NORMAL WOMEN! Not in men who are TAKING STEROIDS!!!!! The levels will be just a TAD BIT HIGHER!!! Learn how to read a fuckin study.

5. And most important of all gyno is antagonized by prolactin and mediated by ESTROGEN! You need to BLOCK RECPEPTORS!!

"The influence of vitamin B6 in a dosage of 300 mg X 2 in 24 hrs, on circadian rhythm of plasmatic ACTH, cortisol, prolactin and somatotropin have been studied in 10 normal women. After vitamin B6 24 hrs pattern of ACTH and cortisol is unchanged; prolactin levels are slightly lower"

Thats a little bit different than men with a suppressed HTPA!!!!!

Go back to the morons at AF. You and them are fuckin clueless.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Also having lower estrogen reduces prolactin/progesterone activity.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zinc is shown to increase testosteron in deficient men. Lets use that for PCT....

Unbelievable...This is the type of **** Nelson Montana preaches.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also having lower estrogen reduces prolactin/progesterone activity.

True but you also have to take into account that its the hormone itself that is causing the rise in prolactin (or progesterone in this case). What do you think will win that tug of war? B6 or Mdien?

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Oh hands down its MDien everyday of the week which is why i think nolva is the best first step followed by bromo (if it works for you).

db682

Awards
  • Established
What do you think will win that tug of war? B6 or Mdien?
hahahaha, ummmmmmmmmm, My moneys on the mdien.

Since were trying all these bullshit ideas, why dont we just try grandpas old cure for the common cold. If A fifth of Jack D can help you forget about having a cold maybe it will help you forget about your "Tender Nipps". And if you dont know they're there then whos to say you have um. Kinda like the old "If a tree falls down in a forest, but nobodies around to hear it does it make a noise?" My answer has always been the same, WHO FUCKING CARES!!!!! ;)

db

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, if your a lactating woman, by all means use B6! :D

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

Thanks wood from AF

[Article in Italian]

About the only thing these studies show is that B6 and prolactin can be mentioned in the same sentence by some authors who like citing each other.

If you wish to risk your entire endocrine system on an unproven vitamin cure..go ahead. Just be sure to post an update on your newest bra size so we can send you a frilly little Victoria's Secret nember for Xmas.

B6 might be a useful add on to Nolva but that's about it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
LOL, what a world we live in, eh?

Nelson Montana makes his living by "spreading the truth" by way of his books. So, he comes up with these stupid methods of beating the masses and saving you money, or whatever, and by doing so, he pisses a lot of people off in the process. This is his livelihood. This is what he does. Someone needs to tell this tool he shouldn't have quit his day-job. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, people should not take ANY advice from him as gospel, and the same with this post from woody or whatever the hell his name is. And the reason why is shown from Bobo. This will have a possible horrendous outcome of one's health. God forbid something ever to happen to anybody, but I would love to see someone sue the fvck out of this a$$hole someday.

RVEXLER

Awards
Tender Nips

A friend and I are both expericening tneder nipples while on Methyl Dien. He says it is from too many titty twisters, I say it is not. Just kidding. IN any event I suppose that means we should add nolva but I just wnat to make sure that is the correct course of action.

Thanks,

TF
Had the same problem using 5 mg of methyldienolone but I was also using 4-ad in a topical gel. Read that it was a no-no and stopped the 4-ad (while keeping the methyl-d level the same) and the sore nips went away within about 3 days.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
forget the tender nipps, who's got an extended gut from this?

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Turd, how many mgs were you and your friend taking of the M-D? Were you stacking it with anything else?

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Awards
I'm using 4 mg ED and he is using 3 (Designer Supps bought from HUGE). Nolva has put an end to tender nips- 20 mg ed.

-TF

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why would anybody have an extended gut bro? You talkin' about VAT storage?
VAT or whatever you wanna call it, M-dien has my stomach protruding now much more so than 4-ad ever did. it's only been 7 days too.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
VAT or whatever you wanna call it, M-dien has my stomach protruding now much more so than 4-ad ever did. it's only been 7 days too.
Damn, yeah thats no good. Might wanna get some ab-solved...good luck with your cycle though...

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn, yeah thats no good. Might wanna get some ab-solved...good luck with your cycle though...
started ab-solve this morning along with vitex and formestane transdermal(every 2-3 days). what else can i do? stomach is huge.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
started ab-solve this morning along with vitex and formestane transdermal(every 2-3 days). what else can i do? stomach is huge.
Par dues used to tell people to try and not have a very big meal first thing in the morning. Due to cortisol levels being super-high during that time. And that too many cals might aggrevate the situation. Don't know if it would be beneficial though, I always thought that it was good to eat a big meal for breakfast for that very reason, but you could look into it and let us know. :)

Also, I like to use Lorazepam (Ativan) when I'm severely stressed out. It usually does a good job at reducing anxiety/stress, etc, and bringing me back down to earth. Some may choose not to go that route, since it is a powerful drug. If seeking that kind of method though, you can see your PCP and tell him about being stressed out, etc, lately and get a cortisol test ran. More likely than not it will come back pretty high just due to training alone. He'll then cover the options with you. Thats what I did, and had no problem.

Oh yeah, you could always have more sex. :cool: I think you can have more benefit on covering the situation if you can hit the problem on all ends, if it is really getting to be a nuisance.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I would not worry about the extended gut. I have it too, as I mentioned at avant, and I can pretty much assure you that it will go down post cycle.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
i didnt have the problem, may sound weird but how is everything coming "out". going enough?