Ok - heres a question about sust

RRAdam

Awards
My friend, Is considering doing a sust only cycle (his first). His original plan was for 6 weeks, 1 amp a week for the first 2 weeks, 2x week for the next 2 then back down to one a week for the last 2. I told him that didnt sound good, and that he should just go on in with 2x a week the whole way through...

anyway my question is... is a 6 week sust cycle kosher? I know that ideally he should probably use prop only for a short cycle - but all he can get his hands on is sust and dbol. thanks.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
First off running sust for 6 weeks isn't a great idea but if that's all he can get then I would recomend a longer cycle like 10 weeks. Also before we can make a suggestion on how much to run for a first cycle we need to know how strong those amps are. What mg/ml are they?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
too short IMO ... 10-12 would be much better.. and then make sure he has everything for PCT

RRAdam

Awards
I'm pretty sure its 250/amp... I'll check to make sure...

the reason he only wants to go 6 weeks is partially finanacially - and another reason is because I dont think he can get hcg.

size

Awards
  • Established
It is 250mg/amp.

6 weeks is not a good time frame for results when using sustanon. Also, there is NO need to taper with sustanon as it is a self tapering drug and is designed to be so by having a 4 different esters in it.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
It seems as though everyone who wants to start their first can only get ahold of sust. I don't get it. :confused: No flame or anything bro it just seems as though sust is the so readily available in the local gyms.

size

Awards
  • Established
It seems as though everyone who wants to start their first can only get ahold of sust. I don't get it. :confused: No flame or anything bro it just seems as though sust is the so readily available in the local gyms.

I notice the exact same thing.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I notice the exact same thing.
Why do you think this is? Do you think maybe because it can be marketed to the ignorant by saying "hey look at this it has not only one type of test but several"? I just don't get it.

size

Awards
  • Established
Why do you think this is? Do you think maybe because it can be marketed to the ignorant by saying "hey look at this it has not only one type of test but several"? I just don't get it.

That would be my guess.
Also it is easier to say and remember than cypionate and enanthate. Also, dealers tend to sell it for more since it is "4 types of test" (Wow) so dealer

RRAdam

Awards
gotta play the cards that you're delt

Last edited:
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Understood on the cards yer delt, but the problem is, that the pharmokentics (sp?) of Sustanon make it a HORRIBLE choice for a short cycle. It takes ~2 weeks from after the last shot to have your levels come down to where you can do PCT, so if he's "on" for 6 weeks, he'll be suppressed for at least 8 already. He's better off holding onto them until he can get some more amps of sust (enough for 2x a week for 10-12 weeks) and some HCG.

ManBeast

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
lol, I remember trying to find my first source (roll playing here guys) . First tool I talked to told me that he could get me 6 weeks worth of Dbol (ramping type cycle, no PCT) for the awesome price of 300 bucks (it was an under dosed cycle for someone my size too). First internet source I saw was a UG lab that had a Q in the name. the list given to me offered winny ($140 for 50ml) and eth($160 for 10ml) and deca (#$#%). Next was someone from the far east with less then consistent dosages on his tabs.

With this in mind paying 15 to 25 buck an amp for sust 250 didn't seam so bad. (Hell, I know some (dumb) vets that pay that) And everyone tell you it great with highly keep able gains. At first glance having 4 esters seams like it would work better (people still think this, or think that you have to fount load the hell out of it to work. Nothing says I don't understand esters like people talking about Sustanon)

So I almost order a cycles worth of this stuff. However doing more research caused me to take a different path. But here was what I was thinking:

1. I can get it and it is real (can check to see if its fake)
2. Everyone agrees it works
3. Only 2 shots a week
4. No refinancing necessary

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
General concensus here is the rule I'm afraid. Three problems with your friends idea:

1) He will still be shut down so coming off is still going to have problems without any PCT.

2) Tapering is of no value and really will only lower the (very limitted) effectiveness of the cycle.

3) It'll take about 4 weeks for the sust to start to do anything noticable. He stops the drug two weeks later with maybe 4-5 pounds of water weight added on.

Just not worth the trouble. Tell him to wait till he can afford a solid 10-12 weeks cycle with PCT.

SWOLE93

I had great results at 500mg a week for 10 weeks.... Throw some Deca and Dbol in there and youhave a surefire culdrine of mass and strength

SWOLE93

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Easy there, it is his first cycle, he should see awesome gains on 500mg of sustanon per week. If he could split it up into 4 shots per week (.5cc each shot) he'll have much more stable blood levels, but 2x a week should be pretty nice as well.

ManBeast

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Easy there, it is his first cycle, he should see awesome gains on 500mg of sustanon per week. If he could split it up into 4 shots per week (.5cc each shot) he'll have much more stable blood levels, but 2x a week should be pretty nice as well.

ManBeast
Hey ManBeast, just had a thought there.....what if he did say 3 weeks on took a 1 week break (to allow some accumulation and slight recovery) and then 3 more weeks on?? May sound dumb but it just might add a little to the cycle by getting one more week albeit with slightly lower overall levels of androgen. Just a random thought. I'll probably think better of it once I've actually thought it through lol.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Wait a sec....duh...i missed the part about increasing (doubling) the dosage for two weeks. I think for a first cycle he'd probably be ok going for 8 weeks at 250 mg per week. If he's never used anything (including ph's) he'd probably get a decent cycle out of it. I'd still HIGHLY recommend he get some form of pct going. Nolva is pretty inexpensive and easy to find. At the very least some trib and zma would help with recovery.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Any cycle without proper PCT is a complete and utter waste of time...
IMHO 250mg would be too low... I only used 437.5mg of enan per week, but I had some dbol or tren in there for most of the cycle as well (i'm not reccomending adding compounds to this particular individual, unless it was some other form of testosterone besides the sustanon).

ManBeast