FDA: Recall -- Firm Press Release

hard iron

hard iron

Awards
  • Established
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Boise, ID - November 3, 2009 – As part of its ongoing cooperation with the Food and Drug Administration ("FDA"), Bodybuilding.com, LLC (the “Company") announced today that it is conducting a voluntary nationwide and international recall of all lots and expiration dates of 65 dietary supplement products (the "Recalled Products") described on the attached list, that were sold through the Company's website, Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site..

The FDA has informed the Company that it believes that the Recalled Products contain ingredients that are steroids. Specifically, the FDA has advised the Company of its concern that the Recalled Products may contain the following ingredients that are currently classified, or the FDA believes should be classified, as steroids: "Superdrol," "Madol," "Tren," "Androstenedione," and/or "Turinabol." While the Company has not had an opportunity to independently confirm the FDA's concerns that the Recalled Products in fact contain these ingredients, the Company is undertaking this voluntary recall in an abundance of caution.

Acute liver injury is known to be a possible harmful effect of using steroid-containing products. In addition, steroids may cause other serious long-term adverse health consequences in men, women, and children. These include shrinkage of the testes and male infertility, masculinization of women, breast enlargement in males, short stature in children, a higher predilection to misuse other drugs and alcohol, adverse effects on blood lipid levels, and increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and death.

The Company has not received to date any reports of adverse events in connection with the Recalled Products. Because of the possible harmful effects of using products containing steroids, the Company is cooperating with the FDA to conduct a recall of the products the FDA has identified as containing steroids. Prior to agreeing to carry the Recalled Products, the Company received assurances from all of the manufacturers of the Recalled Products that these products were properly classified as dietary supplements in compliance with federal law, meaning that these products did not contain any unlawful ingredient. Customers who have any of the Recalled Products in their possession should stop using them immediately and contact their physician if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking one or more of the ingredients listed above.

Any adverse events that may be related to the use of the Recalled Products should be reported to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online [at www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm], by phone [1-800-FDA-1088], or by returning the postagepaid FDA form 3500 [which may be downloaded from www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm] by mail [to MedWatch, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787] or fax [1-800-FDA- 0178].

The Company is committed to providing accurate information about its products. The Company is working voluntarily with the FDA in this recall process.

Consumers should return any unused products purchased on the Company’s site to the Company. For instructions on how to return Recalled Products please call (1-866-236-8417) or e-mail ([email protected]) the Company.

RECALLED PRODUCT LIST

Brand Name
4Ever Fit D-Drol

Advanced Muscle Science Dienedrone

Advanced Muscle Science Liquidrone UTT

Anabolic Xtreme Hyperdrol X2

APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Mastavol

APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Revamp

APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Ultra Mass Stack

APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Ripped Stack

Better Body Sports Finadex

Black China Labs Straight Drol

Black China Labs Straight Phlexed

Body Conditioning Solutions TestraFLEX

Bjorklund Methyldrostanolone

BOSC Enterprises Epi-Tren

BOSC Enterprises Magna Drol

Chaparral Labs Epivol

Chaparral Labs Pheravol-V

Competitive Edge Labs M-Drol

Competitive Edge Labs P-Plex

Competitive Edge Labs X-tren

Diabolic Labs Epio-Plex

Diabolic Labs Finabolic 50

Diabolic Labs Revenge

Ergopharm 6-OXO

Ergopharm 6-OXO Extreme

EST (aka Engineered Sports Technology) MethAnstance

Extreme Labs Susto-Test Depot

Fizogen ON Cycle II Hardcore

G.E.T/ (Genetic Edge Technologies) SUS-500

G.E.T/ (Genetic Edge Technologies) Tren-250

Hardcore Formulations T-Roid

I Force Nutrition 1,4 AD Bold 200

I Force Dymethazine/Reversitol Combo Pack

I Force Reversitol

I Force Nutrition 17a PheraFLEX

I Force Nutrition Dymethazine

I Force Nutrition Methadrol

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Bromodrol

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Grow Tabs TR

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Mass Tabs

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Oxodrol Pro

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Ripped Tabs TR

IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Rapid Release

Ripped Tabs

Kilo Sports Massdrol

Kilo Sports Phera-Mass

Kilo Sports Trenadrol

Monster Caps Monster Caps

Myogenix Spawn

Nutra Coastal D-Stianozol

Nutra Coastal H-Drol

Nutra Coastal MDIT

Nutra Coastal S-Drol

Nutra Coastal Trena

Performance Anabolics Methastadrol

Performance Anabolics Tri-Methyl X

Purus Labs E-pol Inslinsified

Purus Labs Nasty Mass

Rage RV2

Rage RV3

Rage RV4

Rage RV5

Redefine Nutrition Finaflex 550-XD

Redefine Nutrition Finaflex Ripped

Transform Supplements Forged Extreme Mass

Transform Supplements Forged Lean Mass

.......come on guys, lets just send back all our stuff.....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :toofunny:

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
.......come on guys, lets just send back all our stuff.....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :toofunny:
thats hilarious!

its going to be awesome when not ONE product is returned.....FDA...HA...f ucking idiots...

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
thats hilarious!

its going to be awesome when not ONE product is returned.....FDA...HA...f ucking idiots...
It's the majority of the American people who are the idiots for thinking it's a good idea to remove the responsibility from ourselves as individuals, and rely on the government to be in charge of what we should be allowed to put into our bodies. It's the lack of self-ownership, and the lack of personal responsibility that has been ingrained in our culture that is so pathetic. It's bigger than "prohormones" and "designer steroids", it's the idea of what it means to be a free human being. This type of thing is just one of the many symptoms of a much larger underlying problem.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
It's the lack of self-ownership, and the lack of personal responsibility that has been ingrained in our culture that is so pathetic.

i completely agree. and these kids that took "tren" for 6 months or whatever...knew EXACTLY what they were doing. every f ucking person from age 6 and up knows how to use the internet and how to search for information. these kids just did whatever they wanted and then blammed the companies for THEIR OWN idiocracy when they had to have a liver transplant for being irresponsible.

i honestly dont give 2 sh!ts about prohormones or designer steroids, but this entire situation just pisses me off to no end.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
i completely agree. and these kids that took "tren" for 6 months or whatever...knew EXACTLY what they were doing. every f ucking person from age 6 and up knows how to use the internet and how to search for information. these kids just did whatever they wanted and then blammed the companies for THEIR OWN idiocracy when they had to have a liver transplant for being irresponsible.

i honestly dont give 2 sh!ts about prohormones or designer steroids, but this entire situation just pisses me off to no end.
What's even more annoying is when I read comments from people at this site and others who think regulation is a good idea because "I took xxx and xxx happened....". Well, you were the idiot for taking it.

Like you said, we have the internet now. We have the ability to do our own research, read experiences of others, and come to our own conclusions about what we put into our bodies. Yes, sometimes there is risk involved, but it's YOUR decision to take that risk. Hell, life is about risk. Driving in your car is one of the most dangerous things any of us ever do, yet most of us choose to do it everyday.

Let's let the free market decide which products prosper and which don't. As informed consumers we can insure that money only flows to companies who put out quality products at competitive prices. But if personal responsibility is not encouraged this will never happen.

If the free market were allowed to work like it should, it would protect us much more than any government agency ever could. If the FDA messes up, it makes no difference, they'll still be there tomorrow. If a private company messes up, they go out of business. Therefore, private companies have all the incentive in the world to do well. If they put out good products, they should flourish. If they put out crappy products, we as informed consumers will insure they go out of business.

It's the idiots who keep supporting these fly-by-night companies that put out crap products and then disappear who are perpetuating all the crappy products on the market. Instead, we should only be supporting companies that are well established and have their reputations on the line.

Bla bla bla.... Anyway, enough ranting. Sheeple are sheeple and it's not changing anytime soon...

Otto Skorzeny

Awards
Why is resveritrol on that list
Yeah, I saw Reversitol on the list and just wanted to strangle one of the shi*s behind this. I guess they're going after ATD products also.

This all a big show. They prop up a tent and start barking. Get everyone interested, get them used to things being curtailed, limited, canceled, shut-down, outlawed. More and more things. Start with things used by "other people" of course. And then tighten the ring. It's all part of a bigger game and goal. Too bad most people have to be backed into a corner and kicked in the teeth a few times before they wake up or decide to fight back.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
why is bb.com doing a voluntary international recall? the fda has no jurisdiction outside of our borders? now the whole world has to suffer b/c a few teens took this and grew man titties!

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
haha what a waste of time it was to post this (the FDA's time). I wish they would tell how many products they got back haha

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
hmm... i missed the last paragraph... i guess that sums it up right there... let me get my stash ready

h22t88

Awards
I'm going to edit the return address to my PO Box and go around re-posting this on other msg boards.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was gonna send in a report but looks like the link is broken. I'm going to report on how using these products has helped transform me from a fat piece of sh1t with no self respect to a healthy, strong and confident individual.

Also this line:
"a higher predilection to misuse other drugs and alcohol"

Makes no sense. When i'm on cycle i feel GOOD, i dont' need drugs. Except for weed, that doesn't count tho. But I certainly avoid drinking. I've always seen steroids as a positive force.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats hilarious!

. . and just maybe when people get caught with the said products in their possession, the FDA can say, "hey buddy, we gave you the opportunity to return these steroids" :dunno:

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
I was gonna send in a report but looks like the link is broken. I'm going to report on how using these products has helped transform me from a fat piece of sh1t with no self respect to a healthy, strong and confident individual.

Also this line:
"a higher predilection to misuse other drugs and alcohol"

Makes no sense. When i'm on cycle i feel GOOD, i dont' need drugs. Except for weed, that doesn't count tho. But I certainly avoid drinking. I've always seen steroids as a positive force.

Unreal-

i COMPLETELY agree with you... on cycle i feel like god. and yes i also smoke a lot of chronic, but that's been part of my life for years and see no reason to change that.

steroids/ds have honestly helped me maintain 'sobriety'. i say 'sobreity' because yea i still blaze (with my doctor's permission might i add), but i do not drink, and especially do not dabble in the horrible sh*t i used to dabble with... basically everything, from every opiate, benzos, to white, etc... I had a pretty horrible addiction in the past, and i can whole heartedly say that the hormones made things much easier for me, coping, and staying drug free. They have without a doubt positively contributed to my successes, and state of well being

Side note - the notion that marijuana is a 'gateway' drug, much similar to the way the FDA refers to anabolics in that press release, is such f*cking bullsh*t... Drugs of abuse are a part of humanity, and the desire to use them are inherently a part of human nature. they've been with us since the beginning of time. They aren't going anywhere. People will always be driven to use substances of some sort whatever they may be. Other people simply will not, and have no interest in any drug use. Genetic predisposition to addiction is the key here... The genetically drug seeking person may smoke weed and decide to try something else, while the non predisposed person will smoke and most likely not seek other drugs. It has NOTHING to do with the marijuana itself... this is something that completely lies within the brain of the person, not the drug. People decide things for themselves...

When was the last time someone held a glock to your head and said "HIT THIS J OR I'LL BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT!"???
thats right.... never.

tying this back in with hormones... PEOPLE ACT OUT OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL AND MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS, INSTEAD OF PUSHING THE BLAME ON THOSE AROUND THEM. SO F*CK ALL YO MORONS OUT THEIR WHO DO NOT READ, DO NOT RESEARCH, AND DON'T GIVE 2 SH*TS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, BECAUSE YOU'RE RUINING THINGS FOR THOSE OF US WHO DO.

- and Libertarian - you made some great points. yes america is one very f*cked up country

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
. . and just maybe when people get caught with the said products in their possession, the FDA can say, "hey buddy, we gave you the opportunity to return these steroids" :dunno:
We can just tell them we were just on our way to return these products.:usa2:

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think ids did the same thing.

and it's the 6-bromo in the reversitol. may also be the atd, not sure, but the 6-bromo for sure.

glad i never ordered sheet from bb.com. too over priced.

on another note, and then people that post things like "should i run arimadex or nolva as a pct" or other stupid questions on cycling steroids wonder why I get mad.

why would you purchase, and begin taking any thing, steroids or w/e, without researching it first.

makes you wonder if like 50 or more of us started posting fake logs of how we gained 10-15lbs from using that white crusty stuff off of car battery terminals in our pre workout drinks, how many stupid people would start doing it.

bet your ass you'd start seeing thread with things like "getting cramps and buring inside my stomach????"

im going to the gym. just mixed oil from the bottom of my engine in my pre w/o drink to use as a cutter. gets you ripped in two weeks.

dustin06MR

Awards
i think ids did the same thing.

and it's the 6-bromo in the reversitol. may also be the atd, not sure, but the 6-bromo for sure.

glad i never ordered sheet from bb.com. too over priced.

on another note, and then people that post things like "should i run arimadex or nolva as a pct" or other stupid questions on cycling steroids wonder why I get mad.

why would you purchase, and begin taking any thing, steroids or w/e, without researching it first.

makes you wonder if like 50 or more of us started posting fake logs of how we gained 10-15lbs from using that white crusty stuff off of car battery terminals in our pre workout drinks, how many stupid people would start doing it.

bet your ass you'd start seeing thread with things like "getting cramps and buring inside my stomach????"

im going to the gym. just mixed oil from the bottom of my engine in my pre w/o drink to use as a cutter. gets you ripped in two weeks.
I heard that if you consume the feces of a person on a high protein diet its very beneficial to muscle growth also. On that note im selling my feces for 30 bucks a bottle... Any takers?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one who sees the humor here?

FDA: "Those products might have contained steroids!"

BB.com: "Really?! I... I... I don't know what to say..."

FDA: "We think we should recall the products from all those unsuspecting people who were taken advantage of, the poor souls."

BB.com "Recall, yeah, that works. Recall. We'll get right on that. If only we had known beforehand..."

:poke:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I heard that if you consume the feces of a person on a high protein diet its very beneficial to muscle growth also. On that note im selling my feces for 30 bucks a bottle... Any takers?
Are you planning to offer it in bulk form?

meathed

meathed

Awards
We should all anonymously package, put in public drop and mail random MusleTech products directly to the FDA headquarters. F*** with them a little. Seriously, it's the FDA not the DEA. This is such crap.

I'll bet some of these half-wit, half-****ed, pious sons-of-bitches, after their day of honorable servitude to the country's misguided and helpless masses, go home spin the top off a 1/5 of Maker's Mark, bottom-up it, bust it over the counter and say, in there most authoritative FDA voice, "All right, which one of you f'in kids took my G*d d*** cigarettes? You little degenerate mishaps." We'll call that hypocrisy I suppose.

If this goes much further, if it gets the 24 hour media news channels attention and gets blown even further out of proportion, I will organize, I will protest and I am willing to pay the price for said actions. I'm fed-up... For real.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Not to play devil's advocate but they would need to release this on a grand scale like a public announcement or having it posted or reported on in the newspapers and news channels.

If its not on a wide scale then someone could say they didn't "get the memo":)

Sorry its just the CJ minor in me.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not to play devil's advocate but they would need to release this on a grand scale like a public announcement or having it posted or reported on in the newspapers and news channels.

If its not on a wide scale then someone could say they didn't "get the memo":)

Sorry its just the CJ minor in me.
Haha wow...I say what we do is hack the FDA's website and make the return address all of our addresses and split the stash (that is if there are any returned products!:saroll:)!

But on a serious note, it is getting really disgusting how there is hardly any self-responsibility now a days when it is so easy to make a lawsuit and blame it on someone else.

Edit: I see now someone already had the "change address" idea! lol :cheers:

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Haha wow...I say what we do is hack the FDA's website and make the return address all of our addresses and split the stash (that is if there are any returned products!:saroll:)!

But on a serious note, it is getting really disgusting how there is hardly any self-responsibility now a days when it is so easy to make a lawsuit and blame it on someone else.

Edit: I see now someone already had the "change address" idea! lol :cheers:
Haha yea that would be awesome.

yea self-responsibility and common sense seem to have almost disappeared from the general public.

wood23

wood23

Awards
Does anyone know if you return these items it is a full refund. If so i will return a few bottles with unused portion (1 capsule) in each. HAHAHAHa

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
the fda is so lame
total waste of tax payer money
people should be able to choose what they put in their body
where's our freedom and liberty.

does the fda even have actual power
why are all the supplement companies (manufactures and sellers) scared of them ?
if the fda came to my house
id take them as serious the ada

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This looks like a voluntary recall by the way, not FDA ordered.

Also, 6-Bromo-Androstenedione is a synthetic hormone that has absolutely NO information on it being naturally occurring.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This looks like a voluntary recall by the way, not FDA ordered.

Also, 6-Bromo-Androstenedione is a synthetic hormone that has absolutely NO information on it being naturally occurring.
better stock up on that too. i love that stuff. doesnt kill libido like atd.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The first infraction i ever got on AM was for going off on the FDA with too much language so I'll refrain from it again.

But i've enjoyed reading a lot of posts here :D

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The laws are in place if you want to change them and have freedom to put whatever you want in your body, consider supporting

www.leap.cc

dustin06MR

Awards
Are you planning to offer it in bulk form?
yes!!! Bulk feces is produced every morning. there will be an ongoing sale on it. COME AND GET YER FECES PEOPLE! its the hot supplement... literally...

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't say anything about CEL's HDrol or Purus's Halodrol. Is that going back into production or are these companies just going to stay away from it all?

Bovaddict

Awards
Why was nutracoastal h-drol on the list and not cel?

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I would imagine CEL's stuff would be legit. Their other products are on the other lists. And I would assume they wouldn't go back to producing it just to be on the safer side of the current happenings with the FDA

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
update* so far I've dropped 4% bf from using "used" motor oil as a cutter.

and weight is up 8lbs from the dried battery acid. this stuff is the sh*t! make sure you use engine coolant for pct though.

dpfisher

Man I use differential friction modifier. It even tastes good!