Age range for first cycle??

J

Jesse C

Awards
around wat age range would be fine to be thinking about running a cycle..???

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
there is no age range. but id say after YEARS of research and natural training and dieting then one MAY be ready for a cycle.

but personally im not going to suggest anyone cycle under 21

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
over 21 years of age, diet should be solid and you should be very experienced in training. Not something to mess around with if you new. Your natural gains will come quick if you have just started.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
seeing as your 5'10
if your under 21
you might not want to wait until your 21
or you risk closing your growth plates prematurely

N

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
21 is MINIMUM, this stuff has the potential for PERMANENT and SERIOUS health issues if you don't know what you're doing and don't do your research. It's also a waste if you havn't hit your genetic limit or are close imo. I started at 21 and I actually look back and wish I had waited.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
21 is MINIMUM, this stuff has the potential for PERMANENT and SERIOUS health issues if you don't know what you're doing and don't do your research. It's also a waste if you havn't hit your genetic limit or are close imo. I started at 21 and I actually look back and wish I had waited.
Why do you wish you had waited?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
seeing as your 5'10
if your under 21
Huh?
And since you are obviously left handed, with a cowlick, and a case of dandruff you may risk the chance of pre mature immaturity as well.

J

Jesse C

Awards
im 20yrs old and in january will be 2yrs of solid training and eating 5-7 meals consistently.. i started in january of 08..18 1/2 years old..now im 20 and dont turn 21 till may2010
my weight in jan08 was 175 when i started.. i was skinny but athletic cuz i played bball and football thru middle school and high school..

Now im a solid 216lbs..pretty massive and ripped my bf is about 10-12%..pretty good gains naturally..plus a good achievement in almost 2 years..! but idk if i should wait or wat..any input.. thanks guys..

F

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
If you run gear to early there is a tendency for over reliance on it. Meaning; you'll want to gain 10lbs every 6weeks, which just wont happen. The gains will be much more dramatic if you wait untill your mid 20's. Even more so if you wait untill your an older gent, 30-40-50+

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredex
seeing as your 5'10
if your under 21
Huh?
And since you are obviously left handed, with a cowlick, and a case of dandruff you may risk the chance of pre mature immaturity as well.
jerk :/
all i was saying was if he wanted to grow more then anabolics would stunt any possible future growth but thats only one of the few problems that could occur if using an anabolic substance before 21 /

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
jerk :/
all i was saying was if he wanted to grow more then anabolics would stunt any possible future growth but thats only one of the few problems that could occur if using an anabolic substance before 21 /
Guys it was just a misunderstanding. Nomoredex you worded it wrong bro. You put that he might not want to wait till 21 when you meant "might WANT to wait till 21". No harm no foul. As to the OP. Just wait until you are 21 just to be absolutely safe and in the meantime just use the extra time to train hard (of course :D) and to line up your cycle and learn everything you need to learn to make the best of it and keep your gains. :)

Edit: Also look in to "priming" before you cycle :D

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He just worded it wrong bro :).

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
isnt the whole growth plate thing a theory? It has not been proven has it? not trying to argue, i thought thats just what a Doctor said on Bigger Faster Stronger.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
isnt the whole growth plate thing a theory? It has not been proven has it? not trying to argue, i thought thats just what a Doctor said on Bigger Faster Stronger.
I have never seen a study of it being proven. It is like the theory that weight lifting at a young age will suppress growth plates and stunt growth. It is mainly speculation.

J

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
I have never seen a study of it being proven. It is like the theory that weight lifting at a young age will suppress growth plates and stunt growth. It is mainly speculation.
estrogen .. check any physiology book.. is the hormone that closes growth plates

estrogen is high on cycle.. so the rate of growth plates closing is faster.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
estrogen .. check any physiology book.. is the hormone that closes growth plates

estrogen is high on cycle.. so the rate of growth plates closing is faster.
That's true man. And I'm in med school so believe me I know way more physiology than I should. The question was "have there been any studies" and to my knowledge there has not so this theory is due largely in part to speculation on educated guesses.

J

Jesse C

Awards
thnks for all ya's opinions..i think i might wait a while.. i wanna see how much bigger i can get naturally..hopefully i havent reached my genetic growth..
and had another question..i have done some good research on gear n how to run it..i was thinking about running a test prop only cycle at 400mgs per week for 10 weeks..buts thats when im ready and wait a while..wat ya think about that for a newbie? thanks again guys..

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thnks for all ya's opinions..i think i might wait a while.. i wanna see how much bigger i can get naturally..hopefully i havent reached my genetic growth..
and had another question..i have done some good research on gear n how to run it..i was thinking about running a test prop only cycle at 400mgs per week for 10 weeks..buts thats when im ready and wait a while..wat ya think about that for a newbie? thanks again guys..
Injectables are by far and away the best choice for your body as far as anabolics go. So if you want to run a cycle and you have access to that then it would be the healthiest route. However, you can run test prop but I would run cyp or test e for a first timer due to you only have to pin twice a week and it would be more simple to run. It is completely up to you though.

J

Jesse C

Awards
yea thats the thing about test prop..injecting eod..the thing is with test prop is fast acting plus less sides..but will do more research 4sure..