test prop questions

ba0412

Awards
Ok i got a few questions to ask some of you veterans. first some stats im 25 210lbs and 6'1. ive been lifting since i was 13 on and off been lifting the last 3 years solid. diet is good 4k plus cal lots of protein and my training is good ( take my word for it i dont feel like listing all my routines) And i have done test e (500mg a week 12 weeks) and dbol(20mg daily for first 4 weeks) over the last 2 winters while trying to bulk. I want to do another bulk cycle combined with a powerlifting routine so goals are strength/weight gain. i was thinking on using test-p as i just dont want it in my system for up to 9 months since i now have a job that does random drug tests(not for gear but i just dont want it around forever) i dont think im going to stack it with anything so i was wondering what yall's gains have been like with test-p. how painful are the injections and what dose do you think? im thinking 100mg eod or maybe ed not sure yet, for 8 to 10 weeks. also would like to know how much gains can be kept from test-p as ive heard you keep very little. i know alot of this has to do with pct and diet afterward (nolvadex was my pct before btw). so now questions on pct, what do you guys think of arimidex or femara? i dont know too much about it like when to take it and what dose(.25-1mg?) and should i still have nolvadex on hand? Ive also been looking at HCG but dont think i can get my hands on it but would like more info on it for future reference. Also what do you guys think about OTC stuff like cycle support by anabolic innovations or something similar? i really want to get the pct down for this cycle. ok guys sorry this turned into a long post but any help would be great

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
wow - thats alot of questions. Here is what I extracted from that.

1. Results on test-p only cycle, pain of injects, and dosing advice.
I was able to find some test-p only cycle logs on the web. Read these, I've never run test-p by itself.

2. Don't want it in your system long because your job drug tests.
Your job doesnt drug test for gear but if you don't want the esters around for 3 weeks then Test-p is the way to go.

3. PCT advice you were thinking arimidex or femara and also need dosing advice.
Femara (also known as Letrozole) and arimidex are both aromatase inhibitors. They will slow or prevent the conversion of your body's testosterone to estrogen but will not help reduce the effects of the surplus estrogen in your body. For this you will need a SERM like clomid or nolvadex. A natural test booster and cortisol control is also good practice. My choice is sustain alpha and lean xtreme respectively.

4. Should you still have a SERM on hand.
Yes

5. hCG information.
Alot out there. Here is a response I wrote to a similar inquiry about 2 weeks ago:
hCG = human chorionic gonadotropin - a hormone that is most commonly linked with pregnancy in females. hCG levels in a pregnant female are drastically higher than a non-pregnant female. The elevated levels of hCG supplement the natural LH levels in the body produced by the pituitary gland. LH-like compounds (LH and hCG) are necessary to prevent the breakdown of the fetus and uterine lining during pregnancy. Increasing the LH levels in the male causes the testes to make their own testosterone. When using AAS the male body shuts down the production of GnRH (gonadotropin-releasing hormone) which tells the pituitary to make LH. Thus, hCH mimics LH and your testes produce testosterone. Long-term use of hCG, however, causes the body to indefinitely shutdown LH and thus hCG needs to be used for short periods of time and at the RIGHT time to get the boys back in the game. An endocrinologist, Dr. Simeons', theorized that the hCG also programmed the hypothalamus to catabolize adipose fat tissue only and not break down lean tissue to protect the fetus in pregnant women. He tested his theory by putting obese men on low doses of hCG and a 500 calorie/day diet. The results were incredible. However, it is important to note the hCG does NOT induce ANY fat loss. Rather the hCG spares the muscle tissue during catabolism. So you go catabolic (which is simply the breakdown of complex molecules into simpler ones) but you don't break down muscle.
6. OTC support supps like cycle support information.
I personally run cycle support with my shakes on cycle. I like formex on-cycle to prevent gyno. In PCT I run post cycle support, sustain alpha, and lean xtreme in addition to a SERM for 3-4 weeks and then usually an AI for 2-3 weeks with all the same supps. I go through 2 tubes of S.A., 90 caps lean xtreme, and 90 caps post cycle support for a PCT of a 16 week cycle in addition to the SERM and AI. I also run hCG for all cycles longer than 8 weeks.

ba0412

Awards
yeah i know there was alot in there but thanks for the info bro, good stuff.

" In PCT I run post cycle support, sustain alpha, and lean xtreme in addition to a SERM for 3-4 weeks and then usually an AI for 2-3 weeks with all the same supps."

so you dont stack a SERM with an AI like arimidex run it after the SERM? do you like to run arimidex during the cycle at all? Sorry for the dumb questions my past PCT has only consisted of nolvadex and Post cycle support. thanks again

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
No problem. I run formex on-cycle. Its a weaker AI and perhaps I should just go with adex but it does the job as far as I can tell. I run the SERM and then the AI to prevent the bounce back of estrogen resulting from blocking the recpetors. This is the most effective way IMO. I use sustain alpha pretty much 5 days on / 2 days off from the beginning of PCT until the beginning of my next cycle - even if that means a whole year on it.

ba0412

Awards
thanks man i appreciate all the help. I just got done reading "the definitive guide to post cycle therapy" thread. pretty interesting stuff but its an advertisement so its nice to hear from guys who practice what they preach. thanks again

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
I tried test solution and found the pain to be unmanageable, i know its worse than test prop but still, I don't care about the pain so much as having swollen muscles and bruises everywhere. was interfering with my workouts and i had to end the cycle. test prop should really be done every day also. I prefer test cyp twice a week. doesn't really stay in your body that long and wouldn't take too long before the things they could test for would be so low they wouldn't be able to even read them, especially given your weight if you're bodyfat is <15%. You'll be fine.

I've used arimidex many times and found it to be very easy to use with no sides at <2.5mg a day.

you should have nolva on hand and you should plan your PCT ahead of time.

ba0412

Awards
yeah im definitely trying to get the pct all squared away. im going to try and get hcg also seems to be pretty useful. there seems to be two schools of thought on when to take it, during the cycle or post cycle. when would y'all recommended taking it?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
yeah im definitely trying to get the pct all squared away. im going to try and get hcg also seems to be pretty useful. there seems to be two schools of thought on when to take it, during the cycle or post cycle. when would y'all recommended taking it?
IMO people who take hCG during PCT don't understand how hCG works. hCG produces precursor 'prohormones' that induce the production of testosterone by the testes. Therefore, hCG will suppress the body's own precursor prohormones making recovery more difficult. hCG should be taken on-cycle, usually 2 or 3 weeks in, to keep the testes functioning and responding to the LH-mimicking hormone. hCG should be stopped at least 2 weeks before the last week of the cycle to allow the body to acknowledge the need for more prohormone. hCG can also be stacked with lower doses of dry AAS or even run on its own to prevent muscle catabolism during cutting.

ba0412

Awards
thanks man you have been really helpful. yeah i didnt understand taking it with the pct but alot of ppl on various forums have talked about using it then. the suggestive time frame you gave of taking on cycle helps out alot. thanks again bro

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prop is not inherently painful, particularly if its only 75-100mg/ml

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Prop is not inherently painful, particularly if its only 75-100mg/ml
I usually run sustanon which is a stack of two types of test-p, test-c and test-e and I don't have much, if any, pain. (its usually 90mg test-p).