How's my blood pressure?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Worked today. Got to work early and ht up the cafetaria for an omelette. My meal 1 was 1k calories BTW. Anyway started working. About a 1.5 hour started feeling extremely tired. Didnt have an focus, drive, stamina, motivation.. nothing. So I decided to get a cup of coffe and mix it with some whey for meal 2. I want and got me a blood pressure machine to check my BP before the coffee, it was 127/73. Good so I had the coffee with whey and hdrol, not even 20 mins go by and I am awake and MOVING. I am just running around and full of energy. My heart was racing and I felt good!! So about 1 hour after meal 2 I check my BP again and it is 168/68 and my HR 101. It went up but not sure if it went up enough for concern. So I keep going about my day. After my third meal I check my BP again and its back down to 132/68 and HR at 71. Not sure if it was the coffee or hdrol be taken closer to first dose or combo of everything or just a second wind.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Worked today. Got to work early and ht up the cafetaria for an omelette. My meal 1 was 1k calories BTW. Anyway started working. About a 1.5 hour started feeling extremely tired. Didnt have an focus, drive, stamina, motivation.. nothing. So I decided to get a cup of coffe and mix it with some whey for meal 2. I want and got me a blood pressure machine to check my BP before the coffee, it was 127/73. Good so I had the coffee with whey and hdrol, not even 20 mins go by and I am awake and MOVING. I am just running around and full of energy. My heart was racing and I felt good!! So about 1 hour after meal 2 I check my BP again and it is 168/68 and my HR 101. It went up but not sure if it went up enough for concern. So I keep going about my day. After my third meal I check my BP again and its back down to 132/68 and HR at 71. Not sure if it was the coffee or hdrol be taken closer to first dose or combo of everything or just a second wind.
That can happen but only if a massive shot of adrenaline is pumped naturally into your system. In this case it was not so it is definitely the result of a stimulant effect of some sort. As long as it wasn't a drastic difference of a long period of time I would say you are fine. However, are you taking any support supps?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

short hand:

lay off the stimz..........

get you some cycle support..........

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That can happen but only if a massive shot of adrenaline is pumped naturally into your system. In this case it was not so it is definitely the result of a stimulant effect of some sort. As long as it wasn't a drastic difference of a long period of time I would say you are fine. However, are you taking any support supps?
AI cycle support

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
hawthorne berry, CoQ10, fish oil. Used this on epi/plex cycle and the highest my bp raised was 124/70

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not a doctor. but I do take peoples blood pressure all day as part of my job. and I see alot of unhealthy people with crazy bp readings.

and I always think to myself, wth, how do people have bp's like this. I take steroids, and stimulants, and my bp doesn't go above pre hypertension.

I see people who come in after sitting for 15, 20mins, and their pulse is over 100, I dont understand what the hell is wrong with people like this. I can drink a monster, and take my bp standing up, and my pulse wont be over 100.

anyways, on cycle, I dont take supports, i just live as healthy a lifestyle as I can, and dont have hi blood pressure.

my point is, if you are healthy, this wouldn't be an issue. you may want to go see your doctor, and stop using steroids

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im not a doctor. but I do take peoples blood pressure all day as part of my job. and I see alot of unhealthy people with crazy bp readings.

and I always think to myself, wth, how do people have bp's like this. I take steroids, and stimulants, and my bp doesn't go above pre hypertension.

I see people who come in after sitting for 15, 20mins, and their pulse is over 100, I dont understand what the hell is wrong with people like this. I can drink a monster, and take my bp standing up, and my pulse wont be over 100.

anyways, on cycle, I dont take supports, i just live as healthy a lifestyle as I can, and dont have hi blood pressure.

my point is, if you are healthy, this wouldn't be an issue. you may want to go see your doctor, and stop using steroids

Great point here. We can't always rely on supplements to magically make our bodies better if we are not taking all the necessary steps ourselves to make them better.

I too take blood pressure readings all of the time (hence med student) and have thought the EXACT same things as far as how some peoples bodies can be functioning at that low of a level. And most of the time it is a preventable cause from external factors (i.e. not living a healthy lifestyle). If you know this is you then please take caution and take the advice above.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think my adrenaline was up, my HR was 101 and I had just finished moving like 6 patients onto stretchers and lifting patients from chairs to beds. I got pretty active after the coffee and hdrol and was running all over the place, and my job is alot of walking and I was moving pretty fast,, this could have maybe made it higher. My BP was taken right after moving someone and not at rest

hawthorne berry, CoQ10, fish oil. Used this on epi/plex cycle and the highest my bp raised was 124/70
I sup with fish oil and CLA daily

Sounds good. Did you preload?
yup sure did

I don't think my BP was too high after the coffee, but it did make a big jump from where it was previously, and it went back down reltively quickly. I move patients in a hospital for my job, so after the first BP reading and the second hdrol and coffee I got a jolt of energy and was running around moving/ lifting people and didn't really stop to calm down before my second reading. You can see my HR was up too, 101, maybe this had something to do with it. Today I worked and took Hdrol with breakfeast and another hdrol with meal after breakfeast and got this "hyper" feeling again so I went and took my BP it was 152/68 HR 92. Still a lil high but not as high as it was when I had the coffee, so I would guess the coffee probably is what made it even higher last time. My question is even with the cofee was my BP at an unsafe point at 168/68? The nurse that took it said it was a lil high but nothing to be concerned about, what do you guys think? And its not that I am a avid coffee drinker just once in a blue moon after a loong night or school day and just need a lil kick to get going

pcproffy

Awards
What's your body size? Big guys in general can have BP issues even if they are fit. Its just a lot of tissue to push the blood through. Why do you think 5 foot asians live longer than everyone else? Their hearts have it easy.

I'm 6'2 and 210 and my BP has always hovered around 120/70. If I was 168/xx I'd be really concerned.

I hear that the diastolic is even more important as it's measuring the pressure to your lungs, where a high BP can push fluid into your lungs and damage the delicate tissue. At least your diastolic seems decent.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established

I agree with u on almost everything except a couple small issues. Support supps are needed whenever running something toxic to the liver, BP isnt the only issue on cycle, prostate and other things as well. I do agree you should live as healthy as possible but u cant seriously try and say that ur liver is perfectly fine taking something hepatoxic and (im just assuming) ur taking a lot of protein so ur liver is already stressed, along with increased calories (also an assumption).

Im not knocking a good clean well thought out diet, i personally use this however support supps i think cant be overlooded. U need liver protecting thats just how it is with orals and even if ur doing injectables u need things like HCG or AI's (if bloat needs to be managed). Healthy living is good, support supplements however are needed.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
most likely a personal choice for healthy adults with no pre existing medical conditions.

me, I choose to use them post cycle, in order to help my body to heal the damage done on cycle, and everything has checked out find with blood work etc.
my liver values, chol, etc 2months post cycle have been in the doctors words, exceptionally well, better than his.

this is not to say my results will be the same for others, this is me saying, it will most likely be similar for a man who is already healthy, living as healthy as he can, and doesn't have any, i repeat, any other underlying medical concerns going on.
which is why a person should visit their doctor and have themselves checked out before starting a cycle of anabolic steroids. which i assume, the majority dont. and why we have so many post on this forum about this or that side effect happening.

i dont say, if you aren't healthy, or unsure about how healthy you truly are, then use support supplements to be safe.
that is stupid.
if you are unsure if you are truly healthy or not, you shouldn't take steroids.

and if you are healthy, you wont need support supplements during a cycle of harsh oral steroids, esp if you know what you are doing, and use them responsibly.

but anyways, to the original poster of this thread, dont ask us about your bp, go see your doctor, or if you dont want to do that, then dont use steroids, harsh, but simple.

nclifter1978

nclifter1978

Awards
keep an eye on it for a month...take it at different times during the day. bp can fluctuate from time to time, my bp usually ranges from 115-130/75...can reach the 140's on cycle. your diastolic is good, could it be nerves while taking a reading?

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
I sup with fish oil and CLA daily
hawthorne berry was certainly the most effective in my case. just something to consider... i had spikes still on fish oil. but hawthorne berry worked great