Absorption and Orals

leankaio

Awards
Hello gentlemen. I have an inquiry as to the absorption rate of prohormones.

I would like to know what to take with my prohormones, to best increase their potency

I have heard rumors that these substances are best absorbed while taken with grape fruit juice, just water, or food.

What are your opinions on this topic?

Answers with links to studies are most preferable.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Grape juice? I think youre jumping back to 2004 and thinking creatine absorption.

Take your ph with mono or poly fats (Peanut butter, avocado, almonds ect) and youll have good absorbtion. Fat=absorbtion.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I always take mine with a shot of AAKG, usually mixed in a PreWO concoction.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
i believe the grapefruit juice is based in science. do a search. I think that some people say that the oliveoil is just a myth. I take mine with my daily handfull of omegas, but i take them anyway.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea, there are numerous studies showing gfj will increase the absorbtion of drugs. but it can be a bad thing, esp if that particular pill gives you more sides than another. then you have an increase in sides.

i've had good results with taking gfj, and have also had bad, due to increase in side effects.

some people claim taking certain pro hormones with fats will help duirng absorbtion, and there is some truth to this, Im just not sure how much.

conversion rates in the end dont mean sht, because your body isn't a pee tree dish, and the conversion can go back and forth, numerous times. so if bold converts to bold, it may not stay bold, but then, could convert to bold.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the taking prohormones with fats is only valid for non-methylated ones. For methylated prohormones it doesn't matter.

As far as grapefruit juice goes if it has naringin in it (which not all grapfruits do) then you will inhibit the cyp450 liver enzyme which is what is used to clear chemicals like caffeine and prohormones from your bloodstream. So it may make the prohormone have a longer halflife, which isn't necessarily the same as greater absorption

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
oh grapefruit juice. i missed the fruit part when i read it the first time. the theory says that the grapefruit juice gives it more bioavailibility cause it stays in your system longer. they use it alot with d-bol.