Accutane Bloodwork and M1T/PCT

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have recently developed 'bacne' for the first time in my life. Not a result from PHs or anything weird, I just suddenly got it somehow. My Dr tried giving me antibiotics, but they didn't seem to do the trick. He then said that he would have to give me accutane, but that bloodwork would have to be done every month and prior to actually prescribing it for me. I have taken accutane before with success and no major sides, but it was when it was brand new and before it was popularly known for depression.

My question is, if I happen to be on another PH cycle (most likely M1T) or in the stages of my PCT, how will these affect the bloodwork for accutane? I don't want the test results to be looking odd, and perhaps him not give me the Rx, or for him to take me off it if not needed.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Accutane is pretty rough on your liver I would probably stay away from methyls while on it.

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I know.

I should have been more clear with my original post. My main worries were if I had just finished up a cycle, and still had M1T left in my system, or while I was on PCT. Sorry about that.

I wouldn't cycle methyls with accutane. I like my liver and want to keep it.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Its good to keep your liver, immediately following a methyl cycle your liver will be recovering. I would wait until my liver enzymes normalized ( get bloodwork) or wait at least as long as you would to do another cycle before using accutane. Have you tried panothenic acid? It works great megadosed for my acne.

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I tried panothenic and it didn't help.

What if I ran a test/4ad transdermal?

I have no problems just saying screw it and running nothing at all, and saving my liver, but I wasn't sure how tough it would be. Still probably too much IMO.

paul3371

Awards
I took accutane back in the day and it was really rough on the liver. My triglycerides and cholesterol went through the roof while i was on it. I do not think it's a good idea to tax yuor liver any more then it already is by the accutane. just remember you only have one liver and once it's gone your dead. Not to mention you may turn so jaundice you might look like someone from " the simpsons"

commodore64

commodore64

Awards
This is a super old thread, but I'm in the same exact situation. How long do you think it takes for liver and blood work to stabilize? I would like to finsih the cycle I am on as I am halfway thru. And then I'll stay away from any methyls...and do monthly bloodwork with the derm to make sure levels aren't out of whack. But how long after this cycle is about right to wait to start accutane? 4 weeks after my 4 week cycle?

For background on what I am runnin I'd link to my post but don't have enough rep yet. So here's a snippet:
- HGH - 10iu nightly pin (I know should be saved for a cut, but have it and don't think it'll hurt)
- HGH PowerPatches
- Secretropin HGH, 6 sprays nightly
- test cyponate 200mg/weekly (6 weeks)
- Halodrol (80mg daily) (6 weeks)
- Max LMG (115mg daily) (4 weeks)
- Prostanozol (150mg daily) (4 weeks)
- Superdrol (10mg daily) (4 weeks)

PCT:
- HCG .500ml weekly (Monday)
- Clomiphene (25mg daily)
- Anastrazole (.5mg 2x week)
- OTC PCT (ATD, 40mg daily & NAC, milk thistle, etc.)