Joint Support On Cycle

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What are the best supps for joint support on cycle? I already have fish oil and was thinking 6g/day? My joints are strong but they have slight pain alot (due to I workout like a beast of course :D). So what do you guys think are the best joint supps on cycle?

Edit: Joint pain in my knees from doing a ton of cardio and heavy squats and etc. I have had three shoulder surgeries so I'm hoping some good lube supps will help that as well.

Fat6

Awards
cissus, Im in that boat, and currently leaning (HEAVILY) towards it

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cissus, Im in that boat, and currently leaning (HEAVILY) towards it
I've heard alot of good things about cissus :D What do you think about an all in one like Universal Animal Flex and then add some cissus? Cissus is also very cheap :)

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bump. I know there has gotta be some guys with bum joints out there :cheers:

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bump. Anyone else have imput? I'm thinking of going with fish oil and Universal Animal Flex (it has great unbiased reviews). Would 6g/day of fish oil be an effective dose? Some say it causes digestive issues.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
I just started a product called Flexcin and to soon to tell you if it works or not. I have been using it for almost a week. I also use fish oil daily in addition to it.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just started a product called Flexcin and to soon to tell you if it works or not. I have been using it for almost a week. I also use fish oil daily in addition to it.
Thanks man. I def need something for my joints. Are you on cycle? And how do you dose your fish oil?

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually just finishing PCT last day today. During my cycle and PCT I have had pain that has been cutting back my full ability to push every workout to the max. My gym partner told me that he has been using it for 2 months or so now and really says it helps his joint pain. I will see for myself. I have been dosing the fish oil at 4 grams a day. I might try the 6g idea if it works. I really hope it works. It does say it usually takes a couple of weeks to work.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
One more thing I have been trying for a week to is Glucosamine. 2g a day which is also in the flexcin but a bit extra too it.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm actually just finishing PCT last day today. During my cycle and PCT I have had pain that has been cutting back my full ability to push every workout to the max. My gym partner told me that he has been using it for 2 months or so now and really says it helps his joint pain. I will see for myself. I have been dosing the fish oil at 4 grams a day. I might try the 6g idea if it works. I really hope it works. It does say it usually takes a couple of weeks to work.

Yeah the glucosamine takes up to two months to start to kick in. But every little bit helps. I've heard great things about super dosing fish oil and Universal Animal Flex so I think I'm going to give that a shot. Need all the help I can get :D. If anyone has any more suggestions they are more than welcome!

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to go with 6g fish oil per day and Universal Animal Flex (just ordered it :D) So if any of you guys want any info on the Animal Flex let me know here in a few weeks. The stuff got amazing reviews for joint support.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh and it is only 19.95 for 44 packs (44 days worth!) Great deal IMHO

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
cissus (nice and standardized extracts), lots of fish oil, and GSM/chondroitin are all good products that do what they're supposed to and more.

personally i dose my fish oil in very concentrated liquigels, striving more for maximum DHA/EPA daily... the concentrated products obviously tend to have less overall oil thought. i'm not certain, but usually i take (overall oil) ~5g/day off cycle, and while oncycle will reach doses up to 12g or more even.

what no one has mentioned yet and what will solve you're problems better than the other stuff, especially when used in conjunction with each other; hyaluronic acid...
this is one of the most versatile substances around, used for tissue repair, joint lubrication, fluid viscosity, skin/hair/nail/cosmetic products, even cancer treatment. I've had great relief after running into pains during some extremely dry designer cycles ive experimented with.

read for yourself... (info of relevance copy/pasted from wiki article of hyaluran)

"Until the late 1970s, hyaluronan was described as a "goo" molecule, a ubiquitous carbohydrate polymer that is part of the extracellular matrix.[6] For example, hyaluronan is a major component of the synovial fluid and was found to increase the viscosity of the fluid. Along with lubricin, it is one of the fluid's main lubricating components.

Hyaluronan is an important component of articular cartilage, where it is present as a coat around each cell (chondrocyte). When aggrecan monomers bind to hyaluronan in the presence of link protein, large highly negatively-charged aggregates form. These aggregates imbibe water and are responsible for the resilience of cartilage (its resistance to compression). The molecular weight (size) of hyaluronan in cartilage decreases with age, but the amount increases.[7]

Hyaluronan is also used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee.[77] Such treatments, called viscosupplementation, are administered as a course of injections into the knee joint and are believed to supplement the viscosity of the joint fluid, thereby lubricating the joint, cushioning the joint, and producing an analgesic effect. It has also been suggested that hyaluronan has positive biochemical effects on cartilage cells. However, some placebo controlled studies have cast doubt on the efficacy of hyaluronan injections, and hyaluronan is recommended primarily as a last alternative to surgery.[78][79] Oral use of hyaluronan has been lately suggested, although its effectiveness needs to be demonstrated. At present, there are some preliminary clinical studies that suggest that oral administration of Hyaluronan has a positive effect on osteoarthritis, but it remains to be seen if there is any real benefit to the treatment.
Dry, scaly skin (xerosis) such as that caused by atopic dermatitis (eczema) may be treated with a prescription skin lotion containing sodium hyaluronate as its active ingredient.[80]

Hyaluronan has also been used in the synthesis of biological scaffolds for wound healing applications. These scaffolds typically have proteins such as fibronectin attached to the hyaluronan to facilitate cell migration into the wound. This is particularly important for individuals with diabetes who suffer from chronic wounds.[88] "

I've typically dosed it at a minimum of 100mg, usually around or above 200mg....its up to you and how your joints are feeling. as a reference point, 50mg 2x/day is the standard dose in female skin care supplements used to plumpen the lips and eliminate facial wrinkles, much like the pharmaceutical industry's drugs restylane and botox(but via nerve paralyzation; not lubricative / anti-inflammatory action like). it's fairly good stuff andafter pulling those quotes was reading about how effective it is orally compared to injected restylane for women looking for those angelina jolie DSL's.

never been disappointed with the stuff. give it a shot.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Simple answer for joint support...Osteo-Sport. No I am not making this an advertising plug for Applied Nutriceuticals, but rather because it is the most complete joint formula on the market...in addition to all the extra goodies you are getting a very potent 40% extract of Cissus...so take a look.

I have used many joint products...Super Cissus (pretty good stuff), Primaforce Cissus (cheap and effective), Animal Flex + Osteobolin-C, Bulk Cissus + MSM and Glucosamine, etc. The best I have felt was when I was taking Osteo-Sport. You can get it from Nutra for $42.99, or with some good search skills you might be able to find it cheaper...I have seen some great deals on it from time to time.

My second choice would be as previously mentioned here...Animal Flex + a Cissus product. Since one of you already bought Animal Flex (for the price you got it at that was a steal BTW) I would suggest also getting Primaforce's Cissus (it is a strong 20% extract).

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Simple answer for joint support...Osteo-Sport. No I am not making this an advertising plug for Applied Nutriceuticals, but rather because it is the most complete joint formula on the market...in addition to all the extra goodies you are getting a very potent 40% extract of Cissus...so take a look.

I have used many joint products...Super Cissus (pretty good stuff), Primaforce Cissus (cheap and effective), Animal Flex + Osteobolin-C, Bulk Cissus + MSM and Glucosamine, etc. The best I have felt was when I was taking Osteo-Sport. You can get it from Nutra for $42.99, or with some good search skills you might be able to find it cheaper...I have seen some great deals on it from time to time.

My second choice would be as previously mentioned here...Animal Flex + a Cissus product. Since one of you already bought Animal Flex (for the price you got it at that was a steal BTW) I would suggest also getting Primaforce's Cissus (it is a strong 20% extract).

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

Yeah man you can't beat the price on that especially for Universal :D. But I was thinking about osteosport. It looks like a great product and as you stated it already contains cissus. So what would a person my height and weight be looking for at dosing osteosport? Also, what would be a good dose of cissus for me? I have been taking joint support supps for quite a while now but I have never quite been able to get the effect from them that I would like even though they have helped tremendously. Thanks for all or you help.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cissus (nice and standardized extracts), lots of fish oil, and GSM/chondroitin are all good products that do what they're supposed to and more.

personally i dose my fish oil in very concentrated liquigels, striving more for maximum DHA/EPA daily... the concentrated products obviously tend to have less overall oil thought. i'm not certain, but usually i take (overall oil) ~5g/day off cycle, and while oncycle will reach doses up to 12g or more even.

what no one has mentioned yet and what will solve you're problems better than the other stuff, especially when used in conjunction with each other; hyaluronic acid...
this is one of the most versatile substances around, used for tissue repair, joint lubrication, fluid viscosity, skin/hair/nail/cosmetic products, even cancer treatment. I've had great relief after running into pains during some extremely dry designer cycles ive experimented with.

read for yourself... (info of relevance copy/pasted from wiki article of hyaluran)

"Until the late 1970s, hyaluronan was described as a "goo" molecule, a ubiquitous carbohydrate polymer that is part of the extracellular matrix.[6] For example, hyaluronan is a major component of the synovial fluid and was found to increase the viscosity of the fluid. Along with lubricin, it is one of the fluid's main lubricating components.

Hyaluronan is an important component of articular cartilage, where it is present as a coat around each cell (chondrocyte). When aggrecan monomers bind to hyaluronan in the presence of link protein, large highly negatively-charged aggregates form. These aggregates imbibe water and are responsible for the resilience of cartilage (its resistance to compression). The molecular weight (size) of hyaluronan in cartilage decreases with age, but the amount increases.[7]

Hyaluronan is also used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee.[77] Such treatments, called viscosupplementation, are administered as a course of injections into the knee joint and are believed to supplement the viscosity of the joint fluid, thereby lubricating the joint, cushioning the joint, and producing an analgesic effect. It has also been suggested that hyaluronan has positive biochemical effects on cartilage cells. However, some placebo controlled studies have cast doubt on the efficacy of hyaluronan injections, and hyaluronan is recommended primarily as a last alternative to surgery.[78][79] Oral use of hyaluronan has been lately suggested, although its effectiveness needs to be demonstrated. At present, there are some preliminary clinical studies that suggest that oral administration of Hyaluronan has a positive effect on osteoarthritis, but it remains to be seen if there is any real benefit to the treatment.
Dry, scaly skin (xerosis) such as that caused by atopic dermatitis (eczema) may be treated with a prescription skin lotion containing sodium hyaluronate as its active ingredient.[80]

Hyaluronan has also been used in the synthesis of biological scaffolds for wound healing applications. These scaffolds typically have proteins such as fibronectin attached to the hyaluronan to facilitate cell migration into the wound. This is particularly important for individuals with diabetes who suffer from chronic wounds.[88] "

I've typically dosed it at a minimum of 100mg, usually around or above 200mg....its up to you and how your joints are feeling. as a reference point, 50mg 2x/day is the standard dose in female skin care supplements used to plumpen the lips and eliminate facial wrinkles, much like the pharmaceutical industry's drugs restylane and botox(but via nerve paralyzation; not lubricative / anti-inflammatory action like). it's fairly good stuff andafter pulling those quotes was reading about how effective it is orally compared to injected restylane for women looking for those angelina jolie DSL's.

never been disappointed with the stuff. give it a shot.
Thanks man and thanks for the details. I have heard alot about this stuff and I'm def looking into it. If I can't get my joints quite right (especially on cycle) then I am def giving this a shot as it is cheap and looks effective as well.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man and thanks for the details. I have heard alot about this stuff and I'm def looking into it. If I can't get my joints quite right (especially on cycle) then I am def giving this a shot as it is cheap and looks effective as well.
I personally take 6 caps a day, but then again...I am a big guy and demand a bit more. I think you would be fine with 4 caps a day, but you could push to 5 and the bottle will still last you 30 days. A nice thing about Osteo-Sport...take it first thing upon waking and your good to go...no multiple dosing to get desired effects. That is another thing I liked about Animal Flex too...you only have to take it once. :)

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally take 6 caps a day, but then again...I am a big guy and demand a bit more. I think you would be fine with 4 caps a day, but you could push to 5 and the bottle will still last you 30 days. A nice thing about Osteo-Sport...take it first thing upon waking and your good to go...no multiple dosing to get desired effects. That is another thing I liked about Animal Flex too...you only have to take it once. :)

-Sean-

Team APPNUT
Thanks Sam, I like not having to spread doses as well (I always forget one sooner or later). But I was thinking about going with bulk cissus so do you think between 3-4g per day would do when coupled with the animal flex?

khiladi

khiladi

Awards
x2 on the Osteo-Sport, as well as Zyflamend, i think both have Turmeric, there was a great read up on that here somewhere...and you already have the fish oil.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Sam, I like not having to spread doses as well (I always forget one sooner or later). But I was thinking about going with bulk cissus so do you think between 3-4g per day would do when coupled with the animal flex?
It depends on which bulk cissus you get. There are different extract percentages and that does make a bit of a difference. If your getting a higher percentage extract you can get away with 2 grams daily. If your getting the standard 5-10% then 3-4 grams a day is about right. Be warned...it really is some rough stuff to put down if your going to just take the straight raw powder. LOL. :D

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It depends on which bulk cissus you get. There are different extract percentages and that does make a bit of a difference. If your getting a higher percentage extract you can get away with 2 grams daily. If your getting the standard 5-10% then 3-4 grams a day is about right. Be warned...it really is some rough stuff to put down if your going to just take the straight raw powder. LOL. :D

-Sean-

Team APPNUT
Yeah I saw the different concentrations :). Thanks again! And I have heard that it taste like broccoli and rotten bile....LOL but I think I can put it down :D. I appreciate the help and after the animal flex I'm gonna grab some biflex.