Hot or Cold (for injection soreness)

ineffable

Awards
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone can please shed some light on soreness from injections...maybe i just got a bunch of sand in my vag but i feel like i might be doing it wrong...

before i dose, i take a hot shower and spend a good few minutes really heating up the injection site so that area is a lot softer for the needle. however, i'm still sore for a few days after that. in the past i have done it without showering and that made me really sore...though i've never used ice...

so is warming it up or using an ice pack better for soreness. like if the shot is painful, i don't care, but its just the few days after that pisses me off.

thank y'all for your time.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
if you just started it will be sore no matter what. I found heat packs afterwards really help a lot, but i havn't tried icing actually. just make sure your muscle is relaxed and you hold the pin steady.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also try running the gear under hot water for a minute or two prior to injection to make the oil more fluid

ineffable

Awards
thanks a bunch for the tips...i'll definitely try em out.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you are pushing the plunger in slow as well. Don't do it like the nurse at the Dr's office does.

ineffable

Awards
so how long should 1cc take? assuming i warm it up some as recommended.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I would personally take 20-30 seconds to push in plunger. I'm definitely no expert and has been a few years though. Shoulder and glutes were best for me because residual pain in those areas were less annoying than sore quads from injecting. So don't do a quad shot the day before leg day.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
what are we pinning? If it is water based its gonna be a lil uncomfortable no matter what. Oil based, well that depends on if it is buttery smooth gear or some bathtub crap that is like injecting muddy water.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of how Dr.'s and Nurses do it-why do they inject things so fast? I know that most of the time the won't be injecting AAS haha but I saw them giving flu shot injections on tv today and it was like an assembly line- sit,pin, shoot-sit,pin,shoot. So does it matter about what compound/substance you are injecting.(like should oil based substances take 20-30 sec and water based take less time)

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Speaking of how Dr.'s and Nurses do it-why do they inject things so fast? I know that most of the time the won't be injecting AAS haha but I saw them giving flu shot injections on tv today and it was like an assembly line- sit,pin, shoot-sit,pin,shoot. So does it matter about what compound/substance you are injecting.(like should oil based substances take 20-30 sec and water based take less time)

^ interesting. I would like to know this as well. In a doctor's office they do just shoot you up and your on your way within a 4-5 second period.

Edit: By the way I saw a woman giving her husband a TRT shot on youtube and it looked like a doctors office method. Pin then shoot fast. It was over in a matter of again 4-5 seconds. Just thought I would mention that. However it seems like the slower shots are safer and working just fine :D

ineffable

Awards
damn, i usually do it in about 15 seconds. i'll try it slow next time. i figured the longer i had it in, the more time the needle was in my muscle to move around and cause more damage. but as with life, a lot of things are counter intuitive...thanks a bunch for the info guys.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i would assume it depends on how much muscle u have int hat area. it is hard to push the oils throuhg muscle than fat correct? pushing too quick can cause injury in muscle?
am i correct>

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
i would assume it depends on how much muscle u have int hat area. it is hard to push the oils throuhg muscle than fat correct? pushing too quick can cause injury in muscle?
am i correct>

I'm not sure its that it can cause injury but more so that it could create a sterile abscess. ?? someone who knows for sure please comment.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
I tend to pin rather quickly, about 5-7seconds a cc i would bet. I never timed it.