Heating gear

Gator98

Awards
I've heard different methods for heating up your gear to speed up "dissolving" process. Now I plan to heat up my gear prior to adding the oil.......so it will be only BA/BB/Powder hormone. I plan to heat this solution on the frying pan and watch it visually.....what I don't want is for the BA or BB present in the solution to start evaporating. Does anyone know what temp these compounds evaporate...do I have to worry about it? Thanx

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
They both evaporate at room temp
Boiling point is 401f for BA
Boiling point is 614f For BB
I don't recomend heating it like that. I know people that do though. I ether use boiling/hot water, microwave depening on what i am heating, or I use a candle (works good but be carefule as you can over heat)

Gator98

Awards
Thanx buddy.

So are you saying to put it in some boiling water to heat? How long till the hormone suspends....15 min.?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
depends on what it is. usually just a couple of min for prop. do be careful not to get water in your gear though

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I use the hot water method sometimes. Most of the time I just mix powder/BA/BB/oil, place a skillet on the oven eye, set the vile on the skillet, and heat untill all is dissolved. I don't think you will have a problem doing things this way if you know the Delta V of the powder you're working with. Once you've done a conversion a few times you'll feel more at ease then next time you do it.

Jason161

Awards
I do it like candle said too, once I tried the hotwater but its much easier to use a pan, some people even use a microwave, but id prefer to to a pan.