m-drol creativity

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
So...I'm starting an m-drol run, and thinking off some creative ways that will maybe maximize gains while on cycle.

This will be my second m-drol run. The first one being 10/20/30 (definitely did NOT need to bump it up to 30. lesson learned, haha).

Anyway, I was wondering what AM's opinion is of the most "efficient" m-drol run would be for maximum gain on a slight caloric surplus diet (~300 above maintinence). Here's my ideas:

4 weekers:

10/10/10/20?
10/10/20/20?
or even
10/20/20/20? probably too much..

3 weekers:
10/10/20?
10/20/20?
20/20/20?

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
*I may bump caloric surplus to 500...it's up in the air as far as how much I want to plan and spend on my diet =P. I eat pretty clean, so groceries get pricey, haha.

I want gains though, definitely trying to bulk. i'm around 13% bf, but it's winter, so my shirt will be on other than when humping. lol.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
maybe you should try a pulse, ive heard some people whove tried both, and said that they would pick a pulse to minimize the sides of this potent DS.

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
i was thinkin about it, but I dunno. I think i'm gonna run it straight through. I had a good experience last time other than the lethargy at 30mg.

hm...no one really seems to want to share their opinion on ideas tho.

Chucke

Awards
maybe you should try a pulse, ive heard some people whove tried both, and said that they would pick a pulse to minimize the sides of this potent DS.
This is what I would suggest as well. I just started my SD pulse yesterday.

It will look something like this:
Mon: No SD - Cardio/Abs
Tues: 10mg SD 1 hr prior to WO - Quads/Back - 10mg within 2 hrs.
Wed: No SD - Cardio
Thur: 10 mg SD 1 hr prior to WO - Chest/Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's - 10mg
Fri: No SD - Cardio/Abs
Sat: 10 mg SD 1 hr prior to WO - Hams/Calves - 10mg
Sun: Rest

Quads: Leg Press (warm up) / Squats / Leg Extensions
Back: Pull-downs (warm up) / T-Bar rows / Power Cleans
Chest: Incline Press / Flat flyes
Shoulders: Military Press / Side Laterals / Seated High Rows
Bi's: Machine Curl (warm up) / Standing Alternate Dumbbell / Straight Bar
Tris: Pushdowns / Skull Crushers
Hams: Machine Ham curls (warm up) / Deads
Calves: Calf Raises on various machines

I'm only lifting 3 days a week but I've split my big body parts (legs and back) into at least two different days. Tuesdays workouts are rough but a light pre-load on Monday night and the SD will help.

Doing cardio on the days I'm not taking SD will be much better for me as well.

I'll probably run this for about 6 weeks. I have a serm on hand - but from what I've been reading about pulsing I shouldn't need it.

Just a comparison: A relatively conservative 3 wk cycle of SD (10/20/20) has you consuming 350mg SD in 3 weeks. The pulse cycle I'm doing will have me consuming 360mg in 6 weeks. That's only 10 more mg spread over twice the time. My main goal is to have greater, much more sustainable gains in a 6 week pulse than I could get in a 3 week cycle. The fact that this should be easier on my liver and BP is a bonus.

If you decide on a cycle over a pulse I'd go with the 10/20/20. Make sure you have a SERM on hand before you begin and I wish you the best of luck!

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
Your split is kinda crazy man! Onr day dedicated to quads, and anoyther just for hamstrings??

Then one day to do basically your entire upper body other than back?? That's a lot. Why don't you at minimum do like shoulders with quads and bis with back or hamstrings?

And why so much emphasis on legs?

...Anyway, I'm leaning more toward a low dose cycle, ima keep it at 10 until week 3, unless my gains slow. If they slow ill bump to 20, and see if I can stretch it to 4 weeks :). Just an experiment, haha.

Chucke

Awards
Your split is kinda crazy man! Onr day dedicated to quads, and anoyther just for hamstrings??

Then one day to do basically your entire upper body other than back?? That's a lot. Why don't you at minimum do like shoulders with quads and bis with back or hamstrings?

And why so much emphasis on legs?
I don't have a day dedicated to quads (although I used to). Nor do I have a day dedicated to hamstrings...?? Maybe you should take a little better look at what I've actually laid out. Even a cursory glance will tell you that my "quad day" is also my "back day". And what you're calling my "hamstring day" is also a back day. So I've paired back and legs together and split them over two days - two days that are pretty far apart. What you're calling my "entire upper body" day only consists of several small, relatively easy to fatigue muscle groups (chest, shoulders, tris & bis).

If anything, I'm placing a lot of emphasis on back (with the high rows on shoulder day).

The only working exercise I'm doing for legs (omitting warm-ups) are squats, leg extensions, deads, and calf raises. These should pretty much be a staple in any real routine. In fact if I was lifting more than 3 days per week and doing a regular 3 wk cycle, I'd probably up the volume a bit for legs (just during the cycle).

Wisdom = Understanding before criticism. :cheers:

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
Ok, misread. The line breaks are confusing when reading from my phone. I still think arms, shoulders, legs and chest are a bit in one day. I clearly offended you, and misunderstood a bit. So, my bad. Anyway, I really just wanted to know if anyone had opinions or experience on different mdrol dosages..

Rustang

Rustang

Awards
I just finished phera / m-drol bridge... got CRAZY gains..

phera 20-30/30/30/30/0/0
M-drol 0/0/10/10-20/10-20/20

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
Did you alternate between 10-20 in the first 2 weeks of mdrol?

Chucke

Awards
Ok, misread. The line breaks are confusing when reading from my phone. I still think arms, shoulders, legs and chest are a bit in one day. I clearly offended you, and misunderstood a bit. So, my bad. Anyway, I really just wanted to know if anyone had opinions or experience on different mdrol dosages..
Hey no problem eballarj! I wasn't offended at all - but you apparently still haven't really looked at what I've laid out. I don't have a day where I'm doing arms, shoulders, legs and chest in one day.:02:

I would go on about the pairing of taxing with non taxing exercises - and the anti-catabolic as well as anabolic inducing aspects of this split - but I need to go sort my sock drawer...:01:

Again - the best of luck to you.

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
Thursday's workout reads: chest/shoulders/bis/tris. I don't believe I ever mentioned legs in that day, and if I did, it was a typo. I personally think that should be separated into at least 2 separate days. ..m!ut training spits are not why I started this thread.

Chucke

Awards
Thursday's workout reads: chest/shoulders/bis/tris. I don't believe I ever mentioned legs in that day, and if I did, it was a typo. I personally think that should be separated into at least 2 separate days. ..m!ut training spits are not why I started this thread.
Yeah - I'm pretty familiar with my workout on Thursdays. I was just surprised to see you misquoting it again and again.

I gave you a detailed, creative (based upon the title of your thread) opinion on mdrol dosage in my first post. It was only after your odd, constant misquoting that it became about my split.

Anyway - I appologize for adding so much confusing detail to my opinion on dosage.

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
Just finnishing up an 8 wk m-drol pulse cycle. 30-4 days a week, on lifting days and one day after to speed healing. I inc. cals by about 500 every day. So far I have put on aprox. 1 lb a week and my bodyfat has never been lower. I'm finding veins in places I never have. Not much in the way of strength gains, but definition and size is getting better each week. I have noticed the methyls dry me out and more cissus is needed.

Your lifting sched looks ok. Given the time of year and my work sched right now I tend to push my lifting a bit farther than I should. I'm used to 5 days a week, but have been working 12's and only can get to the gym 3 mabey 4 times a week. There have been days where I'll hit chest, shoulders, back and arms all in one day, just shakin' when done lifting. But havn't seen any bad results.

Hang in there! And EAT!

Chucke

Awards
Just finnishing up an 8 wk m-drol pulse cycle. 30-4 days a week, on lifting days and one day after to speed healing. I inc. cals by about 500 every day. So far I have put on aprox. 1 lb a week and my bodyfat has never been lower. I'm finding veins in places I never have. Not much in the way of strength gains, but definition and size is getting better each week. I have noticed the methyls dry me out and more cissus is needed.

Your lifting sched looks ok. Given the time of year and my work sched right now I tend to push my lifting a bit farther than I should. I'm used to 5 days a week, but have been working 12's and only can get to the gym 3 mabey 4 times a week. There have been days where I'll hit chest, shoulders, back and arms all in one day, just shakin' when done lifting. But havn't seen any bad results.

Hang in there! And EAT!
Thanks phL8Tme. I'm really looking forward to the kind of results you've experienced. I'm convinced that pulsing is the way to go with any SD clone (and maybe several other PH's). I'd be interested in hearing about how much shut-down you experience upon completion - if any. The 8 lbs you've gained sounds very lean and dry - and should be much easier to hang on to than 8 lbs gained in 3 weeks.

Not to go into too much confusing detail about mdrol dosage -- but I've read that bouncing your test levels while on a pulse (minus shut-down of course) may actually reset your natural test levels a bit higher. Which of course means the ability to not only hang on to gains - but to incrementally increase your natural test levels with each pulse. Not sure I buy into this theory but I'm certainly willing to try it. A pulse is easier on the liver, easier on the BP, you get to feel "on" for a longer period of time, and you have a greater possibility of hanging on to gains.

Can you please clarify your dosage just a bit? It looks like you're taking 30mg on lifting days - And your lifting 4 days per week. But I'm not sure what you mean by "and one day after to speed healing". You're not taking 30mg 7 days a week right?

Thanks for the encouragement phL8Tme!

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
I'm on the fence about pulsing.. I guess it just comes down to how fast or slow you like your gains. Seems like a full cycle may yield bigger gains, but harder to keep gains also. I kind of enjoy the short cycles :)

Rustang

Rustang

Awards
Did you alternate between 10-20 in the first 2 weeks of mdrol?
no just went from 10mgs on tuesday of second week to 20mgs on wednsday the day after. this was also known as "THE STACK"

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
Last few weeks I can get to the gym 3 times a week. 30 mg on lifting days, 10 mg night before (at bedtime) And 10 mg night after last workout. This mix has seemed to hit the spot for me. I put on muscle, and minnimally increase strength. Yes, weights are going up on odd stuff. Military press, front and side D-bell raises, legs. Seems like minor muscle groups are responding more.

Also stopped gaining weight about half way through, just got more cut! BONUS! Done with that experiment for now. ZERO shutdown, if anything I more horny than ever, app. is up! Only drawback is I'm not as mentally focused for a week or so after pulse. But, fine now. Sleep sched is a bit messed up also, but most of that is the GF and work lol.

I'm on the pulse bandwagon now. Clean diet, some carbs are good! one mass gainer shake a day (680 cals, 52 grms protien, peanut butter, and a scoop of ice cream+) I think I have my simple recomp. plan set for the future, at least 2 yrs. 2 stacks a year, and a pulse. I'll hit my weight goal of 185 of lean mean ripped datining girls half my age!

Rock on