Steroid Summit

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There certainly aren't more pressing issues for the White House to be worried about. :rolleyes:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Well sounds like Bush has got his priorities right as usual..

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I say screw healthcare, education, social security, the economy, the growing defecit, corporate influence in Washington......

Let's get them steroid users!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I think I'm going to go vomit now.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Baseball fans across America should be thanking their lucky stars for steroids in baseball. Steroids saved the game. After the strike if it wasn't for McGwuire, Sosa and the longball, baseball would be in shambles. Why do they think baseball didn't really test for them, because they knew it was necessary.

And Bush is only going after the steroids issue becasue it's getting to be that time where they want the votes. It puts his name out their with sports which reach a whole lotta people. He doesn't really give a **** he just wants the publicity for re-election.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
And Bush is only going after the steroids issue becasue it's getting to be that time where they want the votes. It puts his name out their with sports which reach a whole lotta people. He doesn't really give a **** he just wants the publicity for re-election.
Couldn't agree more :)

Rokdog

Awards
Baseball fans across America should be thanking their lucky stars for steroids in baseball. Steroids saved the game. After the strike if it wasn't for McGwuire, Sosa and the longball, baseball would be in shambles. Why do they think baseball didn't really test for them, because they knew it was necessary.
By your reasoning, maybe baseball fans across America should be thanking their lucky stars for corked bats in baseball as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating the ban of steroids for amatuer adults. I just think that our pro sports organizations should attempt to create a safer, level playing field by prohibiting the use of steroids and then policing themselves.

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
I'd hate to see how much they spend to lose the war on drugs. This will only increase that number. We still can't find a 6'6" Arab with a dyalisys machine. Pathetic.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
good points guys. It think its pathetic that so much time is spent on an issue like this instead of health care and education like jweave said. Bush is willing to sign whatever comes across his desk, he has yet to veto ANYTHING in his 4 years in office.

Rokdog

Awards
If you want to talk about steroids, this is the place. If you want to talk about politics, health care, and education, please move it to the Off-Topic Forum. MODERATORS Please.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I think we're at 14 or 15 billion now spent on the drug war.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
If you want to talk about steroids, this is the place. If you want to talk about politics, health care, and education, please move it to the Off-Topic Forum. MODERATORS Please.
It could be better suited there to discuss those aspects, but this was in direct reference to steroids, hence the origination here.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Hell baseball should cork the bats, do anything to make baseball better. I mean look at golf. How have clubs changed, the balls changed and look how people are hitting the ball farther then ever. Now look at how popular the game is and how many people are playing it. Baseball was on it's death bed and is going to be there again.

JustOne

Awards
I couldn't agree with Jminis any more! Listen, this is not the olympics, it's not for some national prestige..Baseball, football, hockey etc. in my eyes are strictly for the American (or world) entertainment. But I'm curious about one thing. How much do you guys think steroids actually helps in a slugging percentage? I won't deny it helps a little, but wouldn't you agree there has to be a level of skill to begin with? The way the media is portraying it is like some joe schmoe could do a few cycles of "performance enhancing drugs" and all of a sudden be Hank Aaron.

Last edited:
Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bah, who cares. They are illegal now, they are just beatin a dead horse and trying to win some votes...

azgymrat

Awards
Guy's, I think it is bull all the money they spend on all drug enforcement, but I heard Bush say the leagues should adopt their own policies and enforce it themselves, he also said it wasn't the governments job to do it. They need to keep their noses out of my butt... even if there is a needle stuck in it.

Ceaze

Awards
I'd hate to see how much they spend to lose the war on drugs. This will only increase that number. We still can't find a 6'6" Arab with a dyalisys machine. Pathetic.
he'll be conveniently captured shortly before the election

Rokdog

Awards
Listen, this is not the olympics, it's not for some national prestige..Baseball, football, hockey etc. in my eyes are strictly for the American (or world) entertainment.
If you had been paying attention you would have read: The White House wants to organize a summit of representatives from the major sports leagues and the U.S. Olympic Committee to discuss steroid use by athletes.
Yes, it is the Olympics as well as Pro sports. I guess we should all take the stand that there should be no rules, that there are no ethics and the winner is someone who can cheat and not get caught? I really don't want to have to tell my son that.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If Bush gave a damm about stopping steroid use in baseball than he would have done when he owned the Rangers. Bush can't deny Jose Canseco wasn't juiced with the Rangers when Canseco himself admits to it. But hey I guess fixing the economy isn't too important. I would also like to see gas prices lowered ( I'm paying 2.35 a gallon in the Bay Area )