PCT Training question - AnabolicMinds.com

PCT Training question

1. New Member

PCT Training question

I just got off a 4 week cycle of T-1 Pro. Today is my first day off. I will be taking 40 mg of nolva each day for 2 weeks and 20 mg ed for 2 weeks. Is there a good time to take the nolva? Should I take all 40 mg at once?

As for training, I have read a couple of different ways to go about it. Yesterday was an off-day. Should I take 1-2 more days off than start a low volume/high intensity program? Or should I just workout today as normally planned and just gradually decrease volume over the course of a few days?

2. Senior Member

You're only 20, you'll have to do a search.
  3. New Member

IMO, it's always about intensity and not volume, I'll always take 7 high intensity sets per body part over 10-12 halfassed sets. Let your body tell you, it'll talk to ya - will you listen is the only question.
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    How can you tell this kids only 20? (Just for future reference) Did I miss something in his post? At that age it's questionable doing any sh#$ in the first place.
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    you don't know me and you don't know anything about me so don't make assumptions using my age, thats ignorant. FYI, I did search but I couldn't find a definitive answer.
  6. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by jefflong3323
    I just got off a 4 week cycle of T-1 Pro. Today is my first day off. I will be taking 40 mg of nolva each day for 2 weeks and 20 mg ed for 2 weeks. Is there a good time to take the nolva? Should I take all 40 mg at once?

As for training, I have read a couple of different ways to go about it. Yesterday was an off-day. Should I take 1-2 more days off than start a low volume/high intensity program? Or should I just workout today as normally planned and just gradually decrease volume over the course of a few days?
    I took the 40mg/day of nolva all at once so I personally feel that it doesn't matter although I have no scientific proof as to which way works better. I just went by conveinence. Also, I kept my workout program the same as I did on cycle but when I was on cycle I never upped the volume.. On cycle I was only doing 8-9 sets for chest and I kept that the same post cycle. Since finishing my post cycle I am up 1 rep in bench, and up 10lbs in deadlift. Everyone has a way that works for them, you just have to find yours!
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by skumster225
    I took the 40mg/day of nolva all at once so I personally feel that it doesn't matter although I have no scientific proof as to which way works better. I just went by conveinence. Also, I kept my workout program the same as I did on cycle but when I was on cycle I never upped the volume.. On cycle I was only doing 8-9 sets for bench and I kept that the same post cycle. Since finishing my post cycle I am up 1 rep in bench, and up 10lbs in deadlift. Everyone has a way that works for them, you just have to find yours!
    I had a similair routine on-cycle, I am usually a low volume/high intensity guy. I just added a set or two while I was on, so it sounds like I should be alright. Thanks!
  8. New Member

you don't know me and you don't know anything about me so don't make assumptions using my age, thats ignorant. FYI, I did search but I couldn't find a definitive answer.
    He knows enough to tell you don't have answers to a very basic training question! If you don't know how to finish a cycle Don't Start it! It is not his ignorance the is showing through
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by azgymrat
    He knows enough to tell you don't have answers to a very basic training question! If you don't know how to finish a cycle Don't Start it! It is not his ignorance the is showing through
    Well considering this is my first cycle, the only way to LEARN how to finish a cycle would be a ASK which is what I am doing. How else would you suggest one finds answers to his questions?
  10. New Member

As for me not knowing enough before I started, thats not true. I noted in my original post I had read and studied up on a number of different methods for post cycle training and I was simply looking for some clarity regarding my specific questions.
  11. Senior Member

I always lower my volume for 2-3 weeks post cycle. I will do 6-7 sets for a bodypart i'd normally do 9-10, etc. I will also add an extra off day per week. Your test levels will in the gutter, it's not a benefit to train all-out until they start coming back. Its real easy to overtrain in that state.

Take the nolva all at once, it has a half life of at least several days so there's no benefit in splitting the dose. Some say to take it a night, when E levels are highest. I take it in the morning as it seems to keep me awake at night with the hot flashes. I dont think timing really matters.
  12. New Member

Well considering this is my first cycle, the only way to LEARN how to finish a cycle would be a ASK which is what I am doing. How else would you suggest one finds answers to his questions?
    My point was that these are questions that you should have definitive answers for before starting your cycle. You have the PCT down but that is only a part of the equation. If you were taking a trip and it's 100 miles to the next gas station and your tank is on empty... it's a little too late to think about it.
    I think his point was the general thought on this board is you need to be a min of 21 before doing PH/AAS and many here will be quite short with those who are not in terms of advice. I trained for 12 years before trying anything and pounding iron was already a way of life for me (I think you would have been 3 at the time of my first cycle), it's senseless to do if in two years from now you never pick up another weight. This is not intended to flame you but you're still a kid with a lot of years left for training, don't be in too much of a hurry.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Biking, Hiking, and Leg Training Question
    By ironviking in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 12:34 PM
  2. M1T PCT training
    By muscles4life in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 01:30 PM
  3. Ab training questions
    By whale in forum Exercise Science