Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.38%

creatine on cycle? why not?

so why dont people take creatine on cycle? I would think it would help? is it bad for you to take it on cycle?

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

No.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.95%

Quote Originally Posted by the GUNSHOW View Post
    so why dont people take creatine on cycle? I would think it would help? is it bad for you to take it on cycle?
    Not that I know of. Creatine is something entirely different from your cycle.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.38%

no buy on cycle I mean take it with your PH's/AAS
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.6%

I am taking it during my cycle and plan to take it off cycle as well.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

YOU CAN ADD CREATINE TO A BULKING CYCLE, TO ADD TO THE GAINS, JUST REALIZE, IT WILL MAKE UP RETAIN WATER AS WELL.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

water retention is diet dependant!!!!

i use creatine year round... only time i dont use it is vacations and off days,

and i NEVER go on vacation and i have 2-3 off days per week depending
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

IM REFER A LIL MORE TOWARD WATER RETENTION WITH MONO
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.93%

I use it after cycle to help keep gains coming. Obviously on cycle its not necessary. Save it to have something after cycle for the added boost.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

People forget to think of running a cycle, like like racing a car, you dont push the nitrous at the starting line, you wait till you need it, then you add the **** that keeps ya going strong. otherwise if you go hard out of the gate your gonna fall out in PCT.
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

Quote Originally Posted by lyfespan View Post
    People forget to think of running a cycle, like like racing a car, you dont push the nitrous at the starting line, you wait till you need it, then you add the **** that keeps ya going strong. otherwise if you go hard out of the gate your gonna fall out in PCT.
    That makes no sense what-so-ever. Creatine while on-cycle or during PCT will have the same effect, and because one takes while on-cycle has NOTHING to do with the effectiveness of the PCT.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.77%

creatine puts water in your muscles. this can be refered to as glycogen stores. basically its muscle food. prohormones does the same thing. thats what makes your muscles so tight and plump on cycle. when you get off cycle some of the weight you drop is because the glyocgen stores go down in your muscle. this is why it is reccomended that ppl take creatine post cycle. because as you take glycogen out of your muscles from not having the ph in your system anymore. you can put that back in with the creatine since it does the same thing. creatine is useless oncycle because it puts water in your muscles just like prohormones do.
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.93%

Travis you explained it another way. I also use it mentally to know I am using a supplement that I knows that works for me.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    That makes no sense what-so-ever. Creatine while on-cycle or during PCT will have the same effect, and because one takes while on-cycle has NOTHING to do with the effectiveness of the PCT.
    it has everything to do with PCT, NO STRONG,HARD HITTING werkouts during PCT, how do you expect to keep your gains?
  15. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by the GUNSHOW View Post
    As people have mentioned they use (or not) creatine on cycle for a variety of reasons. However, that's not to say that using creatine on cycle is bad for you, because it is not. IMO you should be using creatine perpetually if you are resistance (or anaerobically) training, no exceptions. However, this is really up to each individual to decide.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

it has everything to do with PCT, NO STRONG,HARD HITTING werkouts during PCT, how do you expect to keep your gains?
    It really doesn't. Creatine Phosphate is used to transport and store a phosphate group to be used by the phosph(a)gen system (ATP-PC). The phosph(a)gen system is activated for the first few seconds of exercise (this is where creatine comes into play), then glycolysis begins to supply the needed ATP for muscular contraction. You keep your gains by bringing your hormonal levels back to their homeostatic ranges as fast as possible (testosterone, estrogen, cortisol, etc.).
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

YOU CAN ADD CREATINE TO A BULKING CYCLE, TO ADD TO THE GAINS, JUST REALIZE, IT WILL MAKE UP RETAIN WATER AS WELL.
    CREATINE GETS A BAD RAP IN REGARDS TO WATER RETENTION. I DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON CREATINE. NOT ALL DO EITHER. BUT THEN AGAIN NOT EVERY TYPES IN CAPS
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yes , theses are the fundamentals of creatine in protien sysnthesis, as part of th urea cycle. But lets get even more simple than that, if you can't drag your ass to the gym and dont move said muscles, what happens. So if you saved the thing that are gonna give your tired body a leg up in PCT whats not to understand. The point is no, it does nothing for performance, but things like this and pre werkout drinks i save for PCT, when your reaching deep to keep gains coming. But with that said you do what werks for you and dont try what werks for others, that how this place keeps going
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.6%

havne't drawn a clear answer from this thread? Should I save my creatine for pct? Not that its real expensive, so I could just purchase more for pct and continue using it on cycle, but I'd rather not waste it if it was useless on cycle.
  20. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

yes , theses are the fundamentals of creatine in protien sysnthesis, as part of th urea cycle. But lets get even more simple than that, if you can't drag your ass to the gym and dont move said muscles, what happens. So if you saved the thing that are gonna give your tired body a leg up in PCT whats not to understand. The point is no, it does nothing for performance, but things like this and pre werkout drinks i save for PCT, when your reaching deep to keep gains coming. But with that said you do what werks for you and dont try what werks for others, that how this place keeps going
    I'll say it one last time. All creatine supplementation does it increase creatine phosphate stores slightly to allow for a few more seconds of rapid ATP production from phosphate groups stored within a muscle fiber. If one were to take creatine supplementation during cycle AND during PCT the same effect would occur as opposed to one whom takes creatine supplementation only during PCT. Taking creatine during one's cycle does not diminish its function during PCT. If you are having trouble 'dragging your ass' to the gym, then you have a serious lack of motivation, and creatine has no correlation to that-perhaps a placebo, but no physical correlation.

BTW: creatine phosphate plays no direct role in protein synthesis.
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

Quote Originally Posted by illgixxer View Post
    havne't drawn a clear answer from this thread? Should I save my creatine for pct? Not that its real expensive, so I could just purchase more for pct and continue using it on cycle, but I'd rather not waste it if it was useless on cycle.
    Use it during both.
  22. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

double post
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

dun
  24. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

It's science.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yeah, but i just dont care
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.9%

actually you do push the nitrous at the beginning of a race to get the rpms up and the car in motion as fast as possible. Lighting it off with the engine at full rpm "like the movies" would only waste fuel and possibly damage engine components. I just added a bottle to my lotus exige and took a training course with skipp barber at lime rock CT, to learn that. I thought the other way aroung before the course.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

dont care
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big billy View Post
    actually you do push the nitrous at the beginning of a race to get the rpms up and the car in motion as fast as possible. Lighting it off with the engine at full rpm "like the movies" would only waste fuel and possibly damage engine components. I just added a bottle to my lotus exige and took a training course with skipp barber at lime rock CT, to learn that. I thought the other way aroung before the course.
    dont care its creatine, he cant hut himself with it. IMA OFF TO DA GYM
  29. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

dont care its creatine, he cant hut himself with it. IMA OFF TO DA GYM
    Hurt myself? I'm almost finished with my master's in exercise physiology and about to start a ph.d. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Russ, were you the one that started the thread?, then obviously my concern wuz not implied for you.

AND thats why i said i dont care, im not here to argue the pointless.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

unsubbed , i don't care
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Wow what a crappy thread, instead of arguing you just keep repeating "I don't care."

Good attitude

I don't care about this thread either, it's retarded
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

lol, its a new stadegy, for these pointless threads, the thread starter isnt even intertested or, gonna hurt himself. F ucking creatine on or off cycle will do just about the same thing, the point i wuz trying to make got overlooked by sumone that wanted to argue a stoopid point, thats all, you see the rest of my posts.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

IM just here for the learning UNREAL, and theres not much to learn or gain here. Now following one of your logs of a few of the others, and trying to actually educate myseld, in the things that im interested in, and to helpout along the way.
  35. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

Perhaps if you weren't so quick to discontinue the conversation you could use myself, as well as others on this forum as a resource to learn much information from if that is why you are browsing this forum.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.77%

It really doesn't. Creatine Phosphate is used to transport and store a phosphate group to be used by the phosph(a)gen system (ATP-PC). The phosph(a)gen system is activated for the first few seconds of exercise (this is where creatine comes into play), then glycolysis begins to supply the needed ATP for muscular contraction. You keep your gains by bringing your hormonal levels back to their homeostatic ranges as fast as possible (testosterone, estrogen, cortisol, etc.).
    this is just for creatine phosphate. which i only know of EAS making. but more companies could make it that i am unaware of. creatine monohydrate, kre-alklyn creatine ect dont work with the phosphate system. but it does help with ATP replenishment. but youre only talking about creatine phosphate.
  37. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

Quote Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
    this is just for creatine phosphate. which i only know of EAS making. but more companies could make it that i am unaware of. creatine monohydrate, kre-alklyn creatine ect dont work with the phosphate system. but it does help with ATP replenishment. but youre only talking about creatine phosphate.
    The difference between creatines are the modes of delivery and the attachment of an ester for elongated half-life. In the end, they all function through the same mechanism. Trust me. Some companies do add additives to their creatines such ad neovar for additional effects.
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

IM just here for the learning UNREAL, and theres not much to learn or gain here. Now following one of your logs of a few of the others, and trying to actually educate myseld, in the things that im interested in, and to helpout along the way.
    34 years old and still acting like a teen.....but you know what...? "I don't care" ....i'm going back to the gym, me and my DRSE a$$
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Perhaps if you weren't so quick to discontinue the conversation you could use myself, as well as others on this forum as a resource to learn much information from if that is why you are browsing this forum.
    um Russ hate to burst your bubble, but you have been reading the back of way too many EAS products, and again this is a lame pointless thread, the thread starter doesn't even care anymore.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i understand you want to stick to your guns on the creatine thing, but its dead im not gonna go through medical journals from 1970 to prove a point. creatine on or off doenst matter

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 02:57 AM
  2. Creatine on cycle...which one?
    By In Hulk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM
  3. Do you use creatine during cycle?
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM
  4. creatine ON cycle