A couple stupid questions......

gobig1

Awards
Theoretically speaking...........

If someone was to take a trip to mexico and buy some uh, liquid medications, and empty out the always needed suntan oil bottle and then put the liquid medications back in the suntan oil bottle what would be needed to re-sterilize prior to injections.

- baking
- heat in water (boil)
- ????

If one of those medications just happened to be Reforvit-B, since it is an oral anyway, it should need no additional "corrections" prior to ingestion. Stomach would kill most "bacteria" already. Am I correct on this with R-B.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just buy empty lotion bottles?

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I've had friends do what you're planning. Just buy an empty bottle like Marcus said. For the injectibles you'll need to refilter and I prefer to bake. The orals will be OK as long as you have a decently clean bottle to put it in. It's no different than a drinking cup.

gobig1

Awards
Why don't you just buy empty lotion bottles?
I was thinking of a "common" bottle that would be unlikely to raise any suspicions from either side of the border, what better than "sunblock" for a white boy. Something that originally came with "oil" in it. There are many possibilities for a carrier container, just the Sunblock/oil popped in my mind first.

I've had friends do what you're planning. Just buy an empty bottle like Marcus said. For the injectibles you'll need to refilter and I prefer to bake. The orals will be OK as long as you have a decently clean bottle to put it in. It's no different than a drinking cup.
Bake after refiltering and putting into a sterile vial/bottle? At what temp and time/length?

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Bake after refiltering and putting into a sterile vial/bottle? At what temp and time/length?
Yes. 250-275F for 45min is ok for most gear. Do a search in the conversion forum to be sure for your specific compound.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
Theoretically speaking...........

If someone was to take a trip to mexico and buy some uh, liquid medications, and empty out the always needed suntan oil bottle and then put the liquid medications back in the suntan oil bottle what would be needed to re-sterilize prior to injections.

- baking
- heat in water (boil)
- ????

If one of those medications just happened to be Reforvit-B, since it is an oral anyway, it should need no additional "corrections" prior to ingestion. Stomach would kill most "bacteria" already. Am I correct on this with R-B.
If customs decides to look at what is in your bottle you are screwed!

Your oil will neither look nor smell like a typical sunblock....

CrazyNut

Awards
bro, just go with a domestic source ! You will be so nervous your entire trip !

heard too many bad stories. unless you are experienced with mexico, know where to look or have a very good idea on how to deal with people there, dont do it !

gobig1

Awards
bro, just go with a domestic source ! You will be so nervous your entire trip !

heard too many bad stories. unless you are experienced with mexico, know where to look or have a very good idea on how to deal with people there, dont do it !
Driving back across the border is not the same as walking back through customs. Yeah, the risk is still present but they don't do a "thorough" search on every vehicle and even then with the dogs roids don't have that narcotic/dope smell, especially in oil. Don't think they are well versed in the brand name odors of all the Sunblock brands on the market. Wal-Mart special, odorless, tasteless........

Living in Hawaii, nothing is "domestic", unless your Hawaiian. Thank god I'm moving back to San Diego in 9 months.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
If I were you Id use a sun oil container so at least the consistency is right.

gobig1

Awards
I should have been more clear in the beginning. I will be using a bottle that originally contained a retail oil product whether it be sun block, oil, tanner, intensifier, whatever it is called, but it will say "OIL" on the bottle.

Couple hungover Americans coming back from a good weekend of partying Mexican style.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This would be harder but much easier to deal with. Deflate the spare tire, break the seal and tape your souveniers inside the tire. I know a dude that did such. I like to put my souveniers inside to console or dash.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with the original suntan oil plan myself. They'll have a harder time discerning what kinda oil it is rather than "Hmm why does your spare rattle?" which would be a dead give away.