Not so great being big... - AnabolicMinds.com

Not so great being big...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Not so great being big...

Wasn't sure what section to post this in so I chose this one because it's my faaaavvvv!

Anyhow bros, how do you go about getting the stereotypical attention from being big? Not the positive kind, but like when someone you know sees you and pokes thier chest out with their arms extended and does their best impression of you and goes, "grrrrrrr!" or like the other day this chick called me an OGRE! WTF?

I think I might be intimidating to females even though I don't intend to be. I'm starting to have second thoughts about being "huge" but I don't want to give up everything I've worked for. I'm not very lean, maybe I should try to lean out and cut?

How do you guys cope with the stigma?
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    Wasn't sure what section to post this in so I chose this one because it's my faaaavvvv!

Anyhow bros, how do you go about getting the stereotypical attention from being big? Not the positive kind, but like when someone you know sees you and pokes thier chest out with their arms extended and does their best impression of you and goes, "grrrrrrr!" or like the other day this chick called me an OGRE! WTF?

I think I might be intimidating to females even though I don't intend to be. I'm starting to have second thoughts about being "huge" but I don't want to give up everything I've worked for. I'm not very lean, maybe I should try to lean out and cut?

I know what your saying man. I honestly have fairly bad social anxiety, and the bigger, or leaner i get, the worse it is, as i feel it makes you stick out from the "norm".

If i were you i would get leaner, and dress in loose fitting shirts
  3. Elite Member

wear bigger clothes. being leaner will always look better than a fat blob (not saying u are one)
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Well I doubt the females are intimidated but like anything else its a look you have to have a preferance for.

As for the attention, I'm female and with muscle I get the same kind. Both positive and negative. I just vent here about it and let the rest roll off.

I get people who think its okay to touch me. Guys who comment that I'm to manly looking and they need to leave the room to gain their masculinity back. Ehhh so leave

But its mainly the women that get drunk and either want to fight over it or touch me that drives me crazy. In the end I needed to decide what body I was happy with and learn to adapt my personality to adjust to the strangers.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Who cares man......if you can still pull some Va-Jay-Jay on the weekend you're doing something right.

I'm not exactly lean either (have never seen my abs), but I have people tell me I look big and strong, look like a hulk, etc. I still pull chicks so no worries.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

hmmm interesting problem to have.i myself have been told by females i look intimidating or they say they assumed me to be self centered and ****y.and im like "why just cuz i work out lol?"and it seems like u attract more cnfrontations from being big.all the little insecure guys want to make a point to start something just to impress there girl or there friends.i dont go out as much since ive beeen working out.mainly cuz i fell out with my old drinking buddies and for the simple fact of a few confrontations and negative attention.hell i cant even go watch a ufc fight without someone running their mouth to me.sucks.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

definately downside to being jacked man, i hate it when people ask me if i'm on steroids or something. i'm pretty lean though and i've never ever had a girl complain. actually never been with a girl who didn't prefer being with a lean dude with some muscle like me so i could care about the haters.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jambarino View Post
    hmmm interesting problem to have.i myself have been told by females i look intimidating or they say they assumed me to be self centered and ****y.and im like "why just cuz i work out lol?"and it seems like u attract more cnfrontations from being big.all the little insecure guys want to make a point to start something just to impress there girl or there friends.i dont go out as much since ive beeen working out.mainly cuz i fell out with my old drinking buddies and for the simple fact of a few confrontations and negative attention.hell i cant even go watch a ufc fight without someone running their mouth to me.sucks.
    i love how many assume that you are ****y becasue you are big/built
    i deal with it all the time with people thinking i am ****y because of my look, when i think it should show determination, ambition, and self respect .. all qualities you would think females would be interested in partnering with
    when it seems the skinny, unathletic, binge drinkers were the ones gettin them..
    i cant wrap my head around it, but i guess they cannot wrap their heads around why we work out/ do somethin active 5+ days a week
    CURRENT 2014 Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/252748-cherry-poppin-test.html
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  160 lbs.

You guys suck. I have never had that problem! haha. Seriously though, I thought I might add a touch of perspective to the situation. Being about 6'3", 150, That is something that I have never experienced, and while i'm sure it could be terrible, its perhaps better then being called a skeleton, and only getting negative comments about how small and weak you look. That is quite a bit less fun.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.

I'm married so the gettin chicks part is long gone , but I do draw alot of attention, and always have to answer the question "Are you on Steroids?" I just finished a 5 week Tren/P-Plex cycle and topped out at at 269 (at 6'4") so I've really been getting alot of attention latelty. My suggestion is to try and find bigger clothes. If the ladies are your focus, I've never known a girl who was more impressed with a guy that could lift a bus versus a guy who had a nice six pack. If size is your focus, keep growing! Good Luck
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I have not even started my first cycle yet and I get people telling me I look too big. Honestly I could care less Im only 180 lbs now and my goal is 225 at 10% bf. If certain girls, imature guys, or anyone else does not approve I really don't give a dam. I am happier when i get bigger so my happiness matters more than some strangers opinion.

Do what makes you happiest dude, thats what bodybuilding is about!
  12. Banned

I LOVE IT!
  13. Banned

I WALKED IN THE HOOKAH BAR TIPPIN THE SCALE AT 245+ MAN ALL EYES ON ME! guys usally ask for adivce and women usually ask how much i rep or inch on body parts. basically do want GUNTER does. smile look happy and ppl will know ur not intiminating
  14. Banned

at 21 thats pretty impressive for me
  15. Banned

acutally i was 20 when it happened.

its kinda like a celeberity feeling when i go to parties or just meet new ppl. but when i cut down alil they always ask me if im UFC so alot of time my buddy will just yell out in a bar ro so "hey hopw much was ur UFC contect"
  16. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post

How old are you? How old are your friends? Not for nothing but in both the scenarios the respondents sound like children.

FYI - You are intimidating when you have to ask why no one will approach or talk to you.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My friend gets this everywhere he goes (he's about 290), but he always gets a positive reaction. The thing that I've noticed is that he's very comfortable in his own skin and that aura radiates outward.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  192.5 lbs.

since i'm in college..i often times get labeled a dumb athelete on scholarship... lol.. but the truth is i dont play any sports... (for the school).. and i'm about to start working on my masters degree in history... i like to shut them up when i pull in the A's... pricks
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

People look at you real differently when you're big. Being leaner does help though, I'd try for that, i spent a lot of being being heavier than I am now and I much prefer being under 10% bodyfat and having a well trimmed look but still a lot of muscle. I don't have more muscle than before but I do look much more juiced.... Still no one has asked me if i'm on steroids.

Sometimes people kinda give you **** but that's just them being jealous. I only have to take **** from my friends and that's all good, strangers know better than to do that. I think a lot of people are just kinda jealous and so that might provoke some weird reactions or negativity out of them but when the guys are checking you out, and the chicks are checking you out, its jealousy.

Also don't worry about the chick calling you an ogre... girls definitely like guys that are manly and built. Its evolutionary instinct! If anything try dropping off some bodyfat, being big and under 10% bodyfat makes you look way better than being huge with over 12% bodyfat.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Idk why but I always used to get asked if I was on steroids before I even did a cycle. It is a different feeling walking into a room when u r big(although I havent been under 200 in a LONG time).

I think the intimidating look is more facial than body although body language won't help. Girls pick up on facial expressions and body language a lot better than guys. U might not even realize u r giving people dirty looks.

If a girl is calling u names that means she is checking u out. This 1 girl keeps calling me a beast. I didn't like it at first but now I do. Doesn't hurt she is sexy as hell.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

haha someone say va-jay-jay

props just for that in a sentance
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

I'm not a huge guy but I tend to wear bigger clothes anyway - except at the gym of course. Even at the gym though I get shi**y looks every once in a while. I've found that most folks ease up a bit if you smile and nod...and if they don't then just break off their arms and beat them to death.
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Quan chi in MK4 would rip ur leg off and beat u to death with it!
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  193 lbs.

Normally the people I encounter at my job, and they're always strangers; the skinny, little (unathletic) looking people are the snobby customers, while the obvious weightlifters I meet are usually always the most courteous of them all.

On a side-note - does anyone ever notice how a lot of big guys you are smoking cigarettes? I think, "hmm, they must bust their ass in the gym to get that look.". Then I see them light up - 75% of most weightlifters I see, and this is at my work, in cities, etc. But they all smoke.
  25. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Some people go through their entire lives wishing and yearning to be noticed. You don't have that problem so you got to embrace it man. One day you will look back at these years as your physical peak. Live it up while it lasts and don't be so sensitive or negative. Your apperance is only physical so if eople are giving you a whole lot of **** there might be another reason you aren't fitting in. If you in fact are a meathead ogre then that would have to do more with your personality than your look.

Rodja's post up there made a good point.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

HAHAHA.....cheers to the "Va-Jay-Jay" comment, that s h i t is hilarious.
  27. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My friend gets this everywhere he goes (he's about 290), but he always gets a positive reaction. The thing that I've noticed is that he's very comfortable in his own skin and that aura radiates outward.
    This. Do what you do for YOU, develop yourself broadly (spiritually, intellectually, artistically, socially and physically) then only worry about those who spark your interest.

The rest are just chattel, and if they disrespect you treat them accordingly - by making it obvious that they are nothing to you.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  28. Banned

my ex called be va-jay jay since my nickname b4 way JJ.
    that same ex loved me at 240lbs it turned on.
    "every wants wants to FKCU superman" - remmeber that.
  29. Banned

"every woman wants to FKCU superman"
  30. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    Sometimes people kinda give you **** but that's just them being jealous.
    +1!

Don't worry about it bro. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Some folks (athletes, lifters) will understand, most folks won't....then you'll get the jealous types who will mock you. It's probably good-natured ball breaking and they're probably a bit envious. Let it roll off your back and do what makes you happy. If that means moving weight and slammin shakes then so be it.
  31. Banned

people will always hate and be jelouse its how u know ur succeeding. they hate on you (your noticed) but u dont even notice them.

it's sad and its usually those fat lards.

for example i had a buddy dude was pure OBESE mass monster at like 240 5'6 pure fat. and i never made any fun of him i respected him. so he once said to me man stop using steroids. and i was lol. then after liek 4-5th time he said it, i said u fat piece of **** go loose some weight id rather die young then look liek u and die inside everytime i look in mirror
  32. Banned

im like arnold - im very open about my steroid use. (yes i use them / use to use them to compete lol) for example in middle of class some dude was liek jay uses steroids. and like everyone looked at me, so i lectured them and all and every since then not even one [erson in my class (college) ever came up to me and asked if i did steroids. they knew i was cool with what i did and there is nothign else to say....

WWAD what would arnold do.

be honest. if u lie about AAS it only shows u know what ur doing is wrong and ur still doing it. i belive what im doing is right and im doing it right therefore i am honest about it
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

I'll tell you what. I moved across the state for two years. When I left I was 5 foot 10 and about 135 lbs. I came back at 5 foot 10 187 lbs (about 18 percent body fat but still damn good imo...) All I got was a bunch of questions if I was on steroids and a couple *******s who wanted to fight me because I wasn't a little guy anymore. When I would have hoped to receive a couple compliments.. To hell with em all! Jealousy is a bitch and just because people don't have the determination that some do they want to start hating. Screw em.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Who cares man......if you can still pull some Va-Jay-Jay on the weekend you're doing something right.

I'm not exactly lean either (have never seen my abs), but I have people tell me I look big and strong, look like a hulk, etc. I still pull chicks so no worries.
    I pull "pussington"
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jambarino View Post
    I used to get f'd with before I got big, but now guys just look down at the ground or in another direction if they don't know me. I'm one of the nicest ppl you'll ever meet but at the same time I like seeing other males cower down if I want them to.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by smshannon001 View Post
    i love how many assume that you are ****y becasue you are big/built
    i deal with it all the time with people thinking i am ****y because of my look, when i think it should show determination, ambition, and self respect .. all qualities you would think females would be interested in partnering with
    when it seems the skinny, unathletic, binge drinkers were the ones gettin them..
    i cant wrap my head around it, but i guess they cannot wrap their heads around why we work out/ do somethin active 5+ days a week
    Yea I can't seem to comprehend that either. If the guy doesn't take care of his body how can he take care of hers?
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    How old are you? How old are your friends? Not for nothing but in both the scenarios the respondents sound like children.

FYI - You are intimidating when you have to ask why no one will approach or talk to you.
    I'm 24. My friends are my age or older and yes they sound like imbeciles! And the mocking comes from guys but like another poster said, they're just breaking my balls, but it gets old
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    People look at you real differently when you're big. Being leaner does help though, I'd try for that, i spent a lot of being being heavier than I am now and I much prefer being under 10% bodyfat and having a well trimmed look but still a lot of muscle. I don't have more muscle than before but I do look much more juiced.... Still no one has asked me if i'm on steroids.

Sometimes people kinda give you **** but that's just them being jealous. I only have to take **** from my friends and that's all good, strangers know better than to do that. I think a lot of people are just kinda jealous and so that might provoke some weird reactions or negativity out of them but when the guys are checking you out, and the chicks are checking you out, its jealousy.

Also don't worry about the chick calling you an ogre... girls definitely like guys that are manly and built. Its evolutionary instinct! If anything try dropping off some bodyfat, being big and under 10% bodyfat makes you look way better than being huge with over 12% bodyfat.
    Good Advice... I'm starting a cut today lol
    Yea your'e right though, people are envious and that chick IS on my gonads- but she's not really that hot... but i STILL might have to splack it for the sake of "evolutionary instinct"
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    +1!

Don't worry about it bro. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Some folks (athletes, lifters) will understand, most folks won't....then you'll get the jealous types who will mock you. It's probably good-natured ball breaking and they're probably a bit envious. Let it roll off your back and do what makes you happy. If that means moving weight and slammin shakes then so be it.
    Yea they definetely don't have a clue. I'll let them drink their regular sodas (i drink diet) and eat their bologna and american cheese on white bread and sit on their fat gut asses and mock me all they want. IM MOVING WEIGHT!
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jay21 View Post
    people will always hate and be jelouse its how u know ur succeeding. they hate on you (your noticed) but u dont even notice them.

it's sad and its usually those fat lards.

for example i had a buddy dude was pure OBESE mass monster at like 240 5'6 pure fat. and i never made any fun of him i respected him. so he once said to me man stop using steroids. and i was lol. then after liek 4-5th time he said it, i said u fat piece of **** go loose some weight id rather die young then look liek u and die inside everytime i look in mirror
    Yea I DONT DO STEROIDS but i've had people accuse me or ask me if I did and it gets effin old.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2 great stories; one great impact
    By sweet-physique in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
  2. Great deals from Great Companies!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM