compond question

bic

Awards
  • Established
Doing alot of reading on componds now some say 17a methyl or they say 17a dimethyl now is that the same

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Doing alot of reading on componds now some say 17a methyl or they say 17a dimethyl now is that the same
not the same organic structure

di = 2

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are the actual structures you are looking at? You are giving us the prefixes.

All we can tell you from that information is that there are 2 methyls on the 17a position.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
when it says dimethyl it's because it's preceded by 2,17. Meaning that the 2nd carbon is methylated, and the 17th carbon is methylated, hence DIMETHYL. You are looking at Superdrol right? yeah...

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
when it says dimethyl it's because it's preceded by 2,17. Meaning that the 2nd carbon is methylated, and the 17th carbon is methylated, hence DIMETHYL. You are looking at Superdrol right? yeah...
I was just thinking that 2 methyls on the 17 didn't sound particularly right..... ha

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah i don't think that ever happens, some steroids a hydroxy group maybe. Anadrol has a hydroxy group on the 17th carbon as well as amethyl.

And it's got a hydroxy group dangling off a double bond on the 2nd carbon, that's the weird one

bic

Awards
  • Established
yeah i just wasn't sure the way it was listed 17 methyl and 17 dimethyl thought maybe one was better then the other.Because some don't list dimethyl on it just 17 methyl.If you look at the componds in rage.4 chloro 17a methyl androst-1, 4diene-3-17b-diol...25mg

2a, 17a di-methyl etiocholan 3-one , 17b-ol....10mg

17a-methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol....10mg

and if you look at methastadrol they list. 2a, 17a di methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol 10 mg **

bic

Awards
  • Established
You sure you are not confusing Superdrol and Phera?
I might be confusing ones that have two componds in one compared to just superdrol.I found some info i'm reading here and i think thats what i'm doing i'll have to read up some more here.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah i just wasn't sure the way it was listed 17 methyl and 17 dimethyl thought maybe one was better then the other.Because some don't list dimethyl on it just 17 methyl.If you look at the componds in rage.4 chloro 17a methyl androst-1, 4diene-3-17b-diol...25mg

2a, 17a di-methyl etiocholan 3-one , 17b-ol....10mg

17a-methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol....10mg

and if you look at methastadrol they list. 2a, 17a di methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol 10 mg **
Halodrol, superdrol, pheraplex. Like i said the dimethyl is because the 2nd carbon on SD is methylated, and it's not on halodrol and phera

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Chemistry class...rushing back..into my mind....*pop* :surprised: