Nolva headaches?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm 1 week into my PCT using a nolva/clomid combo. I have used clomid in the past with great results, but figured I would try nolva. I've been doing 40mg/nolva w/50mg clomid(100 the first two days). I swear since day 1 of PCT, I have been waking up with headaches. :( Also, I've noticed that I generaly just feel like crap. I've also noticed my urine is darker than normal so I have been trying to drink more water. Is it possible that the nolva is causing me to lose water to the point of being dehydrated?Could that be the cause of my headaches?Has anyone else reacted bad to nolva? I welcome any opinions. Needless to say, I'll probably just use clomid in the future. I'll keep the nolva for emergencies.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Yes increase you water intake.. sounds like you are getting dehydrated.. How much water you taking in?

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
The headaches are probably from dehydration, I can't see Nolva causing any problems like that. You need to get in more water.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Like the others said. Those sysmptoms sound like dehydration. I had the same problem about a month ago while on cycle, then again while taking an ECA. Lips began to get chapped also, which is a definite sign. Increase your water intake and you should be fine. Worked for me.

soulreaver

Awards
The headaches are probably from dehydration, I can't see Nolva causing any problems like that. You need to get in more water.
agree on that one, never had any problems. at high doses i feel a little paranoid, but no headaches.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Yes increase you water intake.. sounds like you are getting dehydrated.. How much water you taking in?
I try to drink close to a gallon a day, but I know I can get more in if I try. So I will.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
If you are starting off dehydrated a gallon may not be enough or if your carbs are extremely low your body cant hang on to the water. Try eating some fruit and/or drink gatorade atleast until your urine is close to clear.

serengo

Awards
If it is one of the PCT drugs, I'd bet it was the clomid. I did Nolva only this PCT and liked it better. Just seemed to have more energy and a better attitude.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
If it is one of the PCT drugs, I'd bet it was the clomid. I did Nolva only this PCT and liked it better. Just seemed to have more energy and a better attitude.
Actually, I never had any problems with clomid. I feel great when I use it and it always does the trick.

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
I have gotten headaches (all-day migraines with throbbing temples) if I take 20mg Nolva at a time. I seldom get headaches otherwise--maybe once a year. Reducing the dosage to 10mg removed the problem. I just ended up taking smaller doses, but taking more doses throughout the day, which seemed to help.

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
Have you had your blood pressure checked? What is your heart rate? High blood pressure is a big side effect during PCT. If your heart rate is increased and your urine is concentrated, you are dehydrated. You should drink enough water over the next 1-2 days to make your urine clear.
If you really are convinced that its the nolva causing the HA, then either drop the dose or drop it all together and increase the clomid to 200mg x two days then 100mg for ten days then 50mg for one week.

soulreaver

Awards
Thinking of it, i had some migraine, but that was after quitting the nolva/clomid. thought is was because of the hormone levels that were fluctuating.. as women often have migraine the week after their period, when estrogen drops.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies guys. I wish I could drop the nolva and up the clomid, but I don't have enough. I am increasing my water intake and I hope things improve by the end of the week. I will be able to lower the nolva dose then. I will check my bp. I diddn't know PCT could affect it. Could these sides be from estrogen being too low?The last part of my cycle was M5AA. I wonder if because my E was already low at the start of PCT that this may play a role. Hmmm.