Epistane vs. H-drol for recomp

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.69%

Epistane vs. H-drol for recomp

Has anyone used both Epistane and H-drol for recomp? If so, what did you like the best? I'm using Epistane now and like it but I've always wanted to use H-drol and am thinking of stocking up while I can.

Does anyone have an opinion about which is better for recomp? I'm not looking for a lot of strength or mass gains.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.67%

Sorry... I haven't used either, but it seems like more people are able to effectively cut, with minimal sides, using H-drol compounds. With that in mind, I think you could comfortably recomp with it. Also, H-drol has a longer half-life in the body, making it easier to dose at the minimal dosage and still have enough circulating in the body. Successful recomp/cutting cycles consisting of only 75mg per day are not uncommon. Overall H-drol postcycle should be a breeze.

Now regarding Epistane, although this is a good compound, its anti-estrogen traits are like a double-edge sword. The very thing that makes this compound so great is also causing some users to complain about joint pain and rebound gyno. In addition, since Epistane's half-life is shorter than H-drol's, a higher dose of Epi may be needed. In short, higher dosages = more sides. Lastly, from what I understand, Epistane compounds may have a very short shelf-life. I remember reading somewhere that after about 6 months to 1 year the compound might lose up to 50 percent of its original potency. I'm not sure how valid this is, but if true, then that just answered your question regarding stocking up.

Best of luck with your recomp cycle.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.35%

diet. ph's will just help you retain muscle mass. thats all. its the diet and cardio/workout program that does the trick.

Hell, go with an SD for a recomp. none of which will matter unless the two aforementioned pieces are in place!!
    •   

4. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
    diet. ph's will just help you retain muscle mass. thats all. its the diet and cardio/workout program that does the trick.

Hell, go with an SD for a recomp. none of which will matter unless the two aforementioned pieces are in place!!
    True that, but for basic physiological effects whilst dieting I'm geared more toward hdrol for the best overall recomp. Epi is a solid ph with much more potential during a bulking phase IMO.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.92%

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    True that, but for basic physiological effects whilst dieting I'm geared more toward hdrol for the best overall recomp. Epi is a solid ph with much more potential during a bulking phase IMO.
    i have been researching epi, havoc or h-drol for my first cycle which i will start in a few months...this being my first a lot of ppl are saying use havoc or epi but noone has mentioned hdrol??!! Is there a reason why???

My goals are to put on some HARD LEAN mass but also want to get leaner in the proccess. Providing my diet is in check of course>
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.69%

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't want to take SD as I know it is very liver toxic. I think I will go for h-drol.

wolfe14 I know h-drol was very popular when it came out but then Epi became very popular when it came out. I don't know why people stopping taking h-drol as much cause I've heard nothing but good about it.
  7. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe14 View Post
    i have been researching epi, havoc or h-drol for my first cycle which i will start in a few months...this being my first a lot of ppl are saying use havoc or epi but noone has mentioned hdrol??!! Is there a reason why???

My goals are to put on some HARD LEAN mass but also want to get leaner in the proccess. Providing my diet is in check of course>
    For your goals, it sounds like hdrol fits the bill. I think a lot of people choose epi because of the quick, noticble gains it creates. Most users don't experience hdrol until the 3-4 week(maybe longer). I can tell you from my own personal experience that for ease of cycle and effects on everyday activity hdrol is my personal favorite ph/ps in the methly department.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27%

I just finished an Epistane cycle that lasted 5 weeks, and I was pleased with my recomp. I did the cycle simply to get rid of some fat and add some muscle, and it did just that. I lost about 6 lbs of fat and gained 6 lbs of muscle. More vascularity and definition. I had zero sides and minimal shutdown. Week 1 - 10 mg ED, week 2 - 20 mg ED, weeks 3 and 4 - 30 mg ED, and week 5 - 40 mg ED. I kept the doses low just to check it out since I have never used a PH before. I am using Formex, Prime, ZMA, and milk thistle for PCT. I don't require a SERM for mild compounds and minimal shutdown. Strength was also up on cycle - I set several personal bests.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.66%

search me, I am currently running my 2nd recomp cycle of halo and epi. I have been very pleased

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recomp H-drol Stano-Drol Stack
    By jhughes4 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 02:04 AM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:59 AM
  3. Cutting/Recomp Epistane/H-Drol/Fuza
    By Jeff5886 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 03:30 AM
  4. Test - 3-AD - Epistane - 11-Oxo __ 12 WEEK RECOMP