ZMA while PH on cylce?

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Should I stop taking ZMA on a nightly basis while I am on my PH cycle, seeing as how it is a mainly a mineral base for aiding Test production and test production will be null during an on cylce anyway. Not that its a huge issue, but it would save that many servings and or $, if they are not doing squat. Would appreciate your thoughts...

Jim

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
I personally dropped using ZMA when on cycle because I started eating extra and my bedtime meal included a large portion of lowfat cottage cheese or whey protein. With all that Calcium, the ZMA would absorb poorly. If you are a ZMA "responder" (as I am), that is some indication that you are the type of athlete whose activities can deplete Zinc from your system. Therefore, you could consider taking ZMA (at some time when you have not eaten a Calcium-containing meal) as a sort of "vitamin" rather than a test booster when on cycle.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I still use it throughout, and year-round. Even if it doesn't help with natty test, it still helps me sleep great. Thats just me though...

Hey cogar, what I do is eat my 5th meal of the day, wait 1-1.5 hours after the last bite or whatever is taken, take my ZMA, then wait anothe 1-1.5 hours and eat my 6th or last meal. Have been doing this for a year now, and still get great effects bro. It can be a little inconvenient at times though...

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
I still use it throughout, and year-round. Even if it doesn't help with natty test, it still helps me sleep great. Thats just me though...

Hey cogar, what I do is eat my 5th meal of the day, wait 1-1.5 hours after the last bite or whatever is taken, take my ZMA, then wait anothe 1-1.5 hours and eat my 6th or last meal. Have been doing this for a year now, and still get great effects bro. It can be a little inconvenient at times though...
Thank you for the suggestion Jergo. I can work that into my schedule. (My wife wouldn't recognize me if I wasn't eating or taking pills all day long anyway. LOL.)

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to say that Zinc is needed in the body for a whole host of reasons; a few of which could be beneficial while "on". IMO, take it.