Drinking alcohol on cycle

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
How bad is this for you? Im pretty sure this all has to do with what your liver can handle. I wanted to see if I could go on cycle while at school this year but if I can't drink at all for a month straight I will probably just wait until winter break or something. I haven't decided what I want to take but just wanted some more info on this.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty sure majority of the people will say avoid it.

If you really want to drink, delay the cycle.

It is true, that it depends on how well your liver can handle. Do you really want to go on cycle, go for a drink, to see how well your liver can handle?

rammy222

rammy222

Awards
drinking and weightlifting dont go good at all! then throw in a cycle of AAS/PH... ya your asking for it.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah it's just not about drinking giving your liver an excessive load, it's the dehydration and the loss of protein synthesis... Alcohol KILLS gains... for me it is absolutely horrible...

Basically if you are cycling steroids, you BETTER BE at a level of training discipline where getting piss-drunk DOES NOT enter into consideration.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's just not about drinking giving your liver an excessive load, it's the dehydration and the loss of protein synthesis... Alcohol KILLS gains... for me it is absolutely horrible...

Basically if you are cycling steroids, you BETTER BE at a level of training discipline where getting piss-drunk DOES NOT enter into consideration.
yep... If u can't not drink then no aas for you! Esp methyl orals they are rough enough on the liver. If your inj that's another story but as everyone else said drinking and bodybuilding are not the best combo.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just a drink or two every few weeks isn't going to hurt ya too bad. but if you are going to get drunk, be prepared to feel like complete sheet the next day. drinking while on cycle is stupid. I've done it. it sucks.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
How bad is this for you? Im pretty sure this all has to do with what your liver can handle. I wanted to see if I could go on cycle while at school this year but if I can't drink at all for a month straight I will probably just wait until winter break or something. I haven't decided what I want to take but just wanted some more info on this.
first of all drinking and bodybuilding doesnt work well at all, secondly drinking and AAS/PH use means you should sign up on an organ donor list before you start. Thirdly, what are you cycling that you will only not drink for a month? Most cycles go for about a month then theres PCT, which u also shouldnt drink during..

If you really wanna make some good gains i suggest u try not drinking for an entire month without using any Ph/AAS, you would be amazed at what not blacking out can do for muscle mass and body fat..

kch198622

Awards
so on a cycle of tren i drank 2 beers one night is this going to hurt me too bad. i couldnt see it hurting the liver too bad considering tren is non meth

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
I have a feeling that if he is drinking like that and in school his diet is pretty bad too. drop the booz, clean up the diet, you will be amazed.

henryhavoc

Awards
DON'T DO IT!

When I ran SD by itself, I felt like superman. I was out with buddies and had a few drinks. Went home later that night and passed out. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain I've felt in ages. My whole body was wrecked. I could barely walk and my lower back was throbbing. No idea what happened, but it wasn't a hangover. I never get hungover no matter how much I drink. I had maybe 6 shots total in that night, which is less than half of what I can normally drink in a night, and it was a disaster.

Seriously, don't try it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it smart? No, but it won't kill you. Anyone that says you'll end up in the ER is going way over the top and is acting far too hysterical.

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
I used to drink rather heavily for years. When I quit I had bloodwork done to see if I had any damage. And yes I did, although mild. I should add that I always ate right, was not heavy, and kept fat and colest. levels low. The liver will regenerate over time. 6 months after my first test I had retuned to "almost normal" for someone 40 yo.

Now, whether on PH or not if I have even a glass of wine with dinner I wake up with a headache. Just one glass!

If you are gonna take PH's, don't drink. It's like taking a mild poison and washing it down with gasoline!

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
I should add that alcohol inhibits an enzyme that causes you to retain water. Thus the dry mouth, headache, and hangover.

Also ever notice how you tend to be horny ans hell after a night out? It's caused by a hormone similer to test. Your test is shut down by alcohol. And dehydration while trying to bulk up is gonna cause you to hurt, and cramp.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
serioulsy come on. if youre going to be taking steroids for muscle gains you should be devoted enough to put the bottle down. its one or the other.

alcohol. stope protein synthesis. dehydrates you. gives you a hang over not allowing for a good workout if any the next day. flushes the ph/creatine ect out of your system. is a handful for the liver. its just not a good thing.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Like every one has said. If your so fickle as to be affected that bad by a month of not drinking. You A:shouldn't be drinking, B:Should never do steroids because your self control is crap, and C: will never accomplish your goals with your body with a personality/attitude like that.

Grow up, aren't you in higher education? I Flipping hate party schools, they breed the stupidity of tomorrow and call it intelligence.

Chucke

Awards
While on S-Drol - even after drinking a gallon+ of water the day before - I wake up with a mouth full of sand. Most mornings when I first wake up I feel as though I had too much alcohol the night before (slight headache, nausea, dry mouth).

I can't imagine drinking booze while on a cycle.

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
Just to be clear. I haven't drank all summer while I was on "The One". I am not a heavy drinker, and I already knew the affect of alcohol on the body. I have a good diet, im not at school yet, but my diet will still be good while at school. I did not know it was bad to drink while on your pct though, but I haven't yet anyway. Thanks for the info.

kch198622

Awards
although I agree with a lot of what was said I can't agree completely. With a PH like SD of course you don't want to drink you would have to be stupid its highly liver toxic and so is booze but on a non methlyated ph such as tren or eq-plex one night of catching a decent buzz isnt going to do much other then kill your muscle conversion for the night. I drank 2 shots, 2 mix drinks, and probably 4 or 5 beers the other night and im a week in to tren and I had 0 ill effects in the morning besides a little dry mouth which caused me to drink a **** ton of water for the day which isnt a terrible thing. In my honest opinion if your taking anything that has negative effects on the liver then don't drink at all, if your taking something thats not hard on the liver having a little fun two nights during a month cycle isnt gunna kill u or even hurt you. will probably get ripped for this but it is my opinion and although everyone sticks to the same opinion on these boards i just want to put the truth of my experiences out there

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
although I agree with a lot of what was said I can't agree completely.

In my honest opinion if your taking anything that has negative effects on the liver then don't drink at all
Maybe this is why you're 145... if your stats are accurate you shouldn't even be here. And did you know that nonmethyls still hit your liver? They still have "negative effects on the liver" so by your own standards you shouldn't drink at all.

I'm at a level of training where i can't afford to drink alcohol and bull**** like that, that's kids stuff, has no place in the life of someone on cycle and bodybuilding.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
although I agree with a lot of what was said I can't agree completely. With a PH like SD of course you don't want to drink you would have to be stupid its highly liver toxic and so is booze but on a non methlyated ph such as tren or eq-plex one night of catching a decent buzz isnt going to do much other then kill your muscle conversion for the night. I drank 2 shots, 2 mix drinks, and probably 4 or 5 beers the other night and im a week in to tren and I had 0 ill effects in the morning besides a little dry mouth which caused me to drink a **** ton of water for the day which isnt a terrible thing. In my honest opinion if your taking anything that has negative effects on the liver then don't drink at all, if your taking something thats not hard on the liver having a little fun two nights during a month cycle isnt gunna kill u or even hurt you. will probably get ripped for this but it is my opinion and although everyone sticks to the same opinion on these boards i just want to put the truth of my experiences out there

PH and AAS should be close to the end of what people are willing to do to get what they want. WHy spend the money time research and nights timing and planning cycles if u are going to deliberately go out and do something that will harm the gains you could make??? (not to mention even your health).

Lets put it this way forget health lets all just assume health isnt even part of the question. Why would you go on cycle just to do something to negatively impact your gains??

Thats like going on a diet and asking if eating a box of donuts is going to ruin ur weightloss.....

kch198622

Awards
actually if you took the time to read any of my other posts im sittin at 170 with 5% body fat at start of cycle now sitting at 173 with 4% body fat 145 is my natural body weight. id much rather be a cut 170 then a chubby 215 but hey maybe thats just me. and i didnt say its cool to go drink every night all i said is that two nights during a cycle isn't gunna cause any serious harm.

I'm at a level of training where i can't afford to drink alcohol and bull**** like that, that's kids stuff, has no place in the life of someone on cycle and bodybuilding.

call it kid stuff all you want but just cause u have no life doesnt mean that other people dont like to socialize and have a decent time but i'm sure you prolly wouldnt know about that ;)

sorry if this post seems rude but all i did was post my opinion didnt rip on anyone. honestly nobody said you have to agree with my opinion but no need for hostility. last time I checked I haven't seen your name anywhere as being a chemist or even a pro body builder for that matter.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't think I was hostile at all, you're defensive about your weight, that's to be expected. Notice though that I didnt insult you since your profile stats are not accurate. I dunno why you'd leave way outdated stats up there but how you want to be perceived is up to you.

There's nothing wrong with 170 and 5%, although I find 4% pretty hard to buy. Post some pictures, i expect to see veins in your abs, chest, delts, and traps and nothing but dry ripped striations.

In fact the pictures would be a prety good idea because you took the time to call me chubby

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
actually if you took the time to read any of my other posts...
Wait... why would anyone bother to research your other posts? You joined the forum last month, so why didn't you just list your current stats?:34:

now sitting at 173 with 4% body fat
You're either one of those Ethiopian teens Sally Struthers wants me to send money to, or I'm calling bullsh#t. Four percent is around what an IFBB competitor diets down to for a show. PLEASE post a pic of said 4%.

id much rather be a cut 170 then a chubby 215 but hey maybe thats just me.
Hmmm... yeah, it's just you. I'd rather diet down from a chubby 215 to a cut 190. You know... at 4% bodyfat.:rolleyes:

just cause u have no life doesnt mean that other people dont like to socialize and have a decent time
So, you require a little alcohol to have a decent time? I'm sure you mean that as a shot... but it kind of backfires.

sorry if this post seems rude
My sentiments as well... but I couldn't resist replying to your post. I'm not defending UnrealMachine. In fact, I detest chubby people. But dude, your BS flag is flyin' high. :bsflag:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You're either one of those Ethiopian teens Sally Struthers wants me to send money to, or I'm calling bullsh#t. Four percent is around what an IFBB competitor diets down to for a show. PLEASE post a pic of said 4%.

Hmmm... yeah, it's just you. I'd rather diet down from a chubby 215 to a cut 190. You know... at 4% bodyfat.:rolleyes:
I second it.

I think I was down to about 6% before, but I weighed 133 and was a shredded little speed freak/athletic nimble guy. I MUCH prefer to have more BF and weigh in the 160's hahahah. Man I was a twig with wannabe muscles, but hey my vascularity was freaking SIICK.

xx Zues xx

xx Zues xx

Awards
  • Established
I dunnno what is more ridiculous... the 4 % bf thing or unreal being 'chubby'.

'I'm at a level of training where i can't afford to drink alcohol and bull**** like that, that's kids stuff, has no place in the life of someone on cycle and bodybuilding.'

I agree with this completely, bodybuilding is lifestyle, not just a sport. I respect people with such dedication as myself, i may not be as big as unreal but from this post i can see we share the very similar principles and ethics.

'call it kid stuff all you want but just cause u have no life doesnt mean that other people dont like to socialize and have a decent time but i'm sure you prolly wouldnt know about that'

I find this quite offensive as i have been target of this abuse as i havent drank alcohol since i was 17. Do you know how childish this actually sounds? really?

Rubberring your posts are classic keep these coming!, it would only let me rep you once lol

kch198622 just added me on Facebook. Well... looks like we owe someone an apology.

View attachment 29087

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha, well I got my cheap laugh in this morning. It's alright, i'll always remember how chubby I am and use that to keep my diet going strong.

With alcohol i find it best just to step above it completely. I had my drinking days, good memories and bad memories. And I even got drunk as recently as April. Man i regretted that, felt like absolute ass, did a back workout when hungover and every set would give me a throbbing headache. I felt so goddamn stupid. Why would i work my ass off all day and then throw it away at night. If its a few beers of wine whatever. If it's enough to get drunk, it's enough to **** your gains, IME.

And on cycle it's not excusable. Cycling should be pretty hardcore, I mean you're putting your body through a lot of additional stress and taxation for a short period of time, during that short period of time everything should be PERFECT. Alcohol just shouldn't enter into the picture.

I do smoke weed though. I smoked about every other day during my recomp cycle. My body responds very well to it, especially compared to alcohol. If I have a particularly grueling workout, I come home about to throw up, 1 hit solves it instantly. If i'm carbing up or bulking and need hunger, weed. Helps me to get to sleep too. I view it almost as a weightlifting ancilliary.

I've talked to enough people to realize that a lot of people aren't so compatible with weed and so i'm not going to preach it. Just saying what works for me, and is a nice way to relax, or socialize with my friends, that doesn't absolutely kill my gains.

adrenaline

adrenaline

Awards
It's probably ok to have a few beer, but i'd stay away from the hard stuff. IF you're doing orals though, i wouldn't drink at all. Not worth it.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, well I got my cheap laugh in this morning. It's alright, i'll always remember how chubby I am and use that to keep my diet going strong.

With alcohol i find it best just to step above it completely. I had my drinking days, good memories and bad memories. And I even got drunk as recently as April. Man i regretted that, felt like absolute ass, did a back workout when hungover and every set would give me a throbbing headache. I felt so goddamn stupid. Why would i work my ass off all day and then throw it away at night. If its a few beers of wine whatever. If it's enough to get drunk, it's enough to **** your gains, IME.

And on cycle it's not excusable. Cycling should be pretty hardcore, I mean you're putting your body through a lot of additional stress and taxation for a short period of time, during that short period of time everything should be PERFECT. Alcohol just shouldn't enter into the picture.

I do smoke weed though. I smoked about every other day during my recomp cycle. My body responds very well to it, especially compared to alcohol. If I have a particularly grueling workout, I come home about to throw up, 1 hit solves it instantly. If i'm carbing up or bulking and need hunger, weed. Helps me to get to sleep too. I view it almost as a weightlifting ancilliary.

I've talked to enough people to realize that a lot of people aren't so compatible with weed and so i'm not going to preach it. Just saying what works for me, and is a nice way to relax, or socialize with my friends, that doesn't absolutely kill my gains.

I get up 4am to do my cardio. I dont get enough sleep as it is. To drink on this lifestyle even off cycle is retarded.

Unfortunately weed doesn't work for me. I'm more of a tweaker :18: Ive found stuff like PEA or phenbut is a good time.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Its not for everyone, you live and learn what works for you.

That's the #1 thing i've learned in all my time on the forums here and bodybuilding in general. It's really hard to teach someone what to do, because people are so different they really have to teach themselves and figure out what works. Our innate biochemistry varies so widely, it really made me question prescription drugs a lot, because I know some work well on me and some don't at all, yet a doctor determines which one you will get.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
yeah look at unreals avatar/ with his veins popping everywhere at 7% 215. you chubby piece of crap unreal. why cant you be a real man and be on steroids and go out and drink? real men are idiots who can handle methyls and alcohol. but thats right, you have no life.

this kid is offcially a super douche lol. im going to continue my no life and make gains without drinking on roids. IDIOT.

06banshee

Awards
is this guy really calling unreal "chubby" lmao wow i just wish i could weight 215 and look like that

kch198622

Awards
haha you guys really crack me up and even though I see no need to prove anything to you I will gladly post some pics. Oh and to rubbering good pics but that just proves you don't know the difference between lean muscle and body fat which the dude in the picture has pretty much none of either. Somebody let me know how to post up some pics on here and I would be happy to.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
haha you guys really crack me up and even though I see no need to prove anything to you I will gladly post some pics. Oh and to rubbering good pics but that just proves you don't know the difference between lean muscle and body fat which the dude in the picture has pretty much none of either. Somebody let me know how to post up some pics on here and I would be happy to.
:blindfold:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1) scroll down to bottom of screen

2) click go advanced

3) click Manage Attachments

4) Upload pictures (max 800 x 800)

5) put your money where your mouth is

GICH!:drillsergeant:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh and to rubbering good pics but that just proves you don't know the difference between lean muscle and body fat which the dude in the picture has pretty much none of either.
50.jpg.gif

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha yeah rubberring! Im sure you dont know the difference between LBM and fat. LMAO...Im sure you accumlated 999 rep points by not knowing **** about weight lifting. everyone bow down to kch. he is the new all mighty!!

boxrocker

boxrocker

Awards
I agree will UNREAL on the weed smoking. I used to and it did reward me on certain things with weightlifing. The thing to remember here is to each is his own! Weed is apparently more toxic to your insides than cigs though. There is just no pros to drinking as there are pro's and con's to smokin!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I agree will UNREAL on the weed smoking. I used to and it did reward me on certain things with weightlifing. The thing to remember here is to each is his own! Weed is apparently more toxic to your insides than cigs though. There is just no pros to drinking as there are pro's and con's to smokin!
Not true, I find a pro in drinking! Many guys love the beer, which makes me as I grow bigger and leaner, and healthier, a better choice for the ladies in many aspects ^.^ So there are pro's to it...just not for the people doing it.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think the toxicity is low so long as you filter it, it's a little bit of crap for your lungs but not too much, I only need one good hit, with that in mind it's a lot less volume of smoke than smoking, say, half a pack a day.

I was toning it down a little for the recomp, munchies at night were hard to handle, bulking again soon though, clean bulking but bulking none the less, for me 3500-4k calories are hard to get down, especially from wholesome clean sources, they tend to fill me up more.

Weed certainly is a bad choice for a lot of people, my body just loves it though, my friends say they feel sluggish the next day, i don't notice it at all. I do gotta say that a lot of people smoke too much... I'm just trying to relax my nerves and stimulate some appetite, you want the bare minimum, unless you're smoking crap weed, it shouldn't take much at all.