Best DS/PH for Heavy Duty training?

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I've been playing around with Heavy Duty for the last few months and I've gotten in the groove and I'm considering kicking it up a notch.

Seeing as I'm only hitting the weights twice a week, I don't think a traditional cycle will give me the greatest gains. I was thinking pulsing might make the most sense.

Any suggestions?

Stats:
5'10 250ish
currently on CKD
done hdrol and hdrol/epi both with decent results but somewhat underdosed for my size

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was trying to find a reason to say something else... But I have to say Superdrol. It works excellent, is well suited for a pulse, and it's easy for guys your size to dose. 30mg pulsed is probably the right spot.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking the same thing which is why I have 2 bottles of mdrol and some nolva sitting here. But I wanted opinions since I haven't run it straight before.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was trying to find a reason to say something else... But I have to say Superdrol. It works excellent, is well suited for a pulse, and it's easy for guys your size to dose. 30mg pulsed is probably the right spot.
There really is nothing else legal that gets the job done like Superdrol.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There really is nothing else legal that gets the job done like Superdrol.
For sure man. My love for Superdrol is well documented on these forums lol... For me it works amazing and the worst sides I get is occasional backpumps (i mean 3-4 times a cycle, during the back/leg days on weeks 3 and 4). And I wasn't taking taurine, so it's a side I can easily prevent.

In the future I will pulse it. I am really looking forward this idea I've got for an 8 week DC training blast with Superdrol pulsed 3x a week.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For sure man. My love for Superdrol is well documented on these forums lol... For me it works amazing and the worst sides I get is occasional backpumps (i mean 3-4 times a cycle, during the back/leg days on weeks 3 and 4). And I wasn't taking taurine, so it's a side I can easily prevent.

In the future I will pulse it. I am really looking forward this idea I've got for an 8 week DC training blast with Superdrol pulsed 3x a week.
Damn now that sounds BA. I loved the strength I got doing DC I could only imagine it being better with SD.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
What do you think of running lower dose (10mg) twice a week for a longer period of time - like 12-16 weeks.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id say 20 mgs would be the lowest I would go for a pulse even if it is SD. Not sure about running it that long. Most pulses arent even that long with less harsh compounds.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What do you think of running lower dose (10mg) twice a week for a longer period of time - like 12-16 weeks.
that might be a bit too long. Maybe think about pulsing your pulses. Perhaps go for 3 weeks then take time off then go again for another 3 weeks and so on.

Richard Gears

Richard Gears

Banned
Awards
Im sorry id have to disagree with SD/Mdrol as being the holy grail of DS's

Phera (pplex) was the sh*T!!! Great for mass.

Mdrol only gave me 5 lbs and vascularity...With insane mood swings and a flaccid penis for my entire PCT.

Pplex hands down for mass and strength. Ive used M1T, anadrol, mdrol, hdrol, old school 4ad/1ad and pplex was awesome. Less sides than other orals and great for a bulk

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Mdrol only gave me 5 lbs and vascularity...With insane mood swings and a flaccid penis for my entire PCT.

Pplex hands down for mass and strength. Ive used M1T, anadrol, mdrol, hdrol, old school 4ad/1ad and pplex was awesome. Less sides than other orals and great for a bulk
My first phera bulk was 30mg for 24 days. Gained 10 pounds, gained 20 pounds on my bench, other lifts up around 10 pounds, legs were up around 15 pounds. Gains were low quality and bloaty (partially because I was bulking with high carbs)

My first SD bulk was 10/20/20/30. Gained 15 pounds, gained 55 pounds on my bench, up 10-20 pounds on other lifts, around 25 on legs. Didn't lean out but didn't get fatter, gains were better quality.

Each time I experienced no sides other than occasional backpumps. Each time I had trouble retaining the gains because they were so fast.

For me, SD blows Phera out of the water. I should have run the phera longer but anyway, the gains from Superdrol were much better considering the LBM gained, and the strength was incredible. Phera is good stuff though I love it but I was just sharing my experience.

Right now I am finishing the last couple weeks of a recomp by stacking Phera and SD together (i'm at 20SD and 30PP). And when used in combination the results are pretty cool, I think phera improves vascularity more than SD, but SD increases my strength faster. SD hits faster, Phera needs to be run longer.

5 pounds and vascularity doesn't even sound like Superdrol to me at all. I gained 5 pounds in like, the first four days (blew up with glycogen at first, muscled visibly swelled). I think you should try another clone. But hell it could just be how you respond to Superdrol. I know we're all different.

I think this shouldn't be done for reasons B5150 was mentioning in a similar thread about long oral cycles and it's cholesterol. Even at a low dose, it's possible for HDL and LDL to be negatively impacted a lot, over 10-12 weeks I think it could build up. I've never seen bloodwork for it yet so i honestly don't know, but 10-12 weeks with Superdrol, even pulsing, is something I wouldn't try.
I want to try pulsing Superdrol for 8 weeks and I won't go over 8. For me 8 weeks is the limit on orals in almost any way... Besides, say, a Bold base or 1,4ad, but still 8 weeks is usually plenty.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I've heard nasty things about SD and lipids. I suppose getting blood work every 4 weeks would help mitigate the risk since I'd just bail if the numbers get ****ty.

Is the lipid effect dose dependent? Does the damage increase linearly, geometrically or exponentially with dose? Is there a minimal threshold where you are no longer worried about the lipid issues? With a ~6hr halflife I just wanted to figure out where the suppression and lipid thresholds are.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wish i had the answers to those questions, i haven't seen enough bloodwork to tell. I've seen bloodwork where SD has minimal impact on lipids, and bloodwork where it thrashes them severely. Again it's so user dependent... its hard to come to a conclusion.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
MHMM. SD, its whats for dinner, and lunch...and a 3 a.m. snack. and breakfast the next morning (this is a disclaimer, i by no means support taking sd this much lol...but mhmmmmhm:)

wood23

wood23

Awards
Just try it like you said get bloodwork done and keep an eye on it. Know one knows the answers, just trial and error and keeping others informed on the results. I personally think if your only pulsing 2xweek and superdrols short half life there is plenty of time for lipids and hormone to level out. Good luck

Last edited:
Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

HE got Banned because he disagreed with me an Unrealmachine about Superdrol.:laugh2:

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I guess there is nothing to do but to try it and line up some blood work. My doctor is gonna hate seeing me that much.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
HE got Banned because he disagreed with me an Unrealmachine about Superdrol.:laugh2:
Whoa i just saw that. I actually kept checking this thread looking to see what he had to say. I am interested and curious by people with different steroid responses. His response to Superdrol is so different, it's times like now that I wonder if some Mdrol (and other SD clones) are a completely different steroid.

One person here ran Original Superdrol, and a couple years later ran Mdrol, and got completely different sets of results and sides.

I dunno, i've never figured it all out, and so my data-collecting quest never ends.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whoa i just saw that. I actually kept checking this thread looking to see what he had to say. I am interested and curious by people with different steroid responses. His response to Superdrol is so different, it's times like now that I wonder if some Mdrol (and other SD clones) are a completely different steroid.

One person here ran Original Superdrol, and a couple years later ran Mdrol, and got completely different sets of results and sides.

I dunno, i've never figured it all out, and so my data-collecting quest never ends.

I don't know if I'm just being nostalgic, but the Original was the sh!t.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is it the same thing?

I used SNS Methyl Drol XT which is original SD; SNS bought the rest of the raws from AX. When that bottle was out I switched over to Methyl Vol and it worked the same. I can't speak for other SD clones.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Its possible someone had run a bunk batch or something seriously underdosed. You never know what you are really getting most of the time...