6-OXO or Nolva while cutting?

savagery

Awards
On day 14 of a four week M1T/4AD cutting cycle (10mg oral / 200mg trans). Despite the fact that I've been on a 500-800 cal deficit diet, I've gained six pounds and continue to gain strength in the gym. Also looking much harder in general, and actually starting to see some abs poking through my gut. I have no way of knowing how much fat I have lost (I lost about six pounds during three weeks of cutting pre-cycle). I guess I'll see when I stop my cycle and shed the water weight.

MY QUESTION: I realize that you're not supposed to take 6-OXO or Nolva during bulking cycle because estrogen can help build muscle. But what about while cutting? It's my understanding that estrogen can inhibit fat loss. Does it make sense to add 6-OXO, Nolva, or both for the last two weeks of my cycle? Would this increase fat loss? Also, would this prevent shutdown and allow faster recovery?

Diet is 150-200mg protein per day, 150mg carb/day, 40g fat/day. Also taking 6g CLA and 10g glutamine daily. Any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Savagery

PS For those interested, I really didn't experience any sides (except maybe some sack shrinkage) until this weekend when I went on a 3-day snowboarding trip. The muscle aches, especially in the legs and lower back, made it very hard to board. I seriously felt like an old man as I tried to keep up with my friends. I had to drink 32 oz. of gatorade just to make it tolerable. Also, the full day of physical activity really seemed to increase lethargy. During my trip I slept about 12 hours/day and started to feel sick on the second night. I took a one day break from M1T, and now that I'm off the slopes and back at home I feel fine. If I were bulking I would definitely up the 4AD dose to at least 500mg/day trans, but since I'm cutting I'm keeping it low.

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
If you've really gained 6 pounds and started to get leaner then... If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Stick to what your doing.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
The only thing running an anti-e would help with during cutting, is no water retention. You would look leaner & be able to see your progress. It would not help you lose more fat, & your natural test will still shut down. You are probably holding a few lbs of water right now from the 4ad. If you do plan to run an anti-e on-cycle for that purpose, use letrozole or formestane. I'd stick with what you're doing. The water will come off after the cycle.

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Actually I agree with all the above.
Don't use anything unless you're really bloating, and if so use an anti-aromitase such as Letro or Armidex.

savagery

Awards
Thanks everybody. I was under the impression that estrogen actually increased fat retention. The water I don't care about. I know that will come off.

Actually I agree with all the above.
Don't use anything unless you're really bloating, and if so use an anti-aromitase such as Letro or Armidex.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
i like to subscribe to a more innovative thought....

if it aint broke, break it.

i guess that works better for business than it does for supplements....but its food for thought...or maybe i'm just stoned. :)