Two A Days

kkitz967

Awards
With in the next couple weeks ill be running a 12 week dbol/test e cycle and eating and the gym will be my life. Is it beneficial or for that matter even safe on your body to train in the AM and PM in the same day. I really want to get as much benefit from this cycle and really push my limits. Thanks

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
What do you splits look like? While cutting last year I would add a PM session for abs/calves/cardio three days a week, and that seemed to work really well for me. Whatever you do, just make sure you're not over training. Nothing sucks more than putting in more effort and getting less results. Often, less is more with bulking.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would not exceed 5x a week with weightlifting. If you lift properly you don't need to lift more than that. Maybe 6x a week if you naturally recover quickly.

To add in more training, just do more cardio sessions, it'll keep you in better shape and allow you to eat more. That's what im doing for my recomp.

MassBuilda123

Awards
I would not exceed 5x a week with weightlifting. If you lift properly you don't need to lift more than that. Maybe 6x a week if you naturally recover quickly.

To add in more training, just do more cardio sessions, it'll keep you in better shape and allow you to eat more. That's what im doing for my recomp.
Great advice dog.. at least 2 days off!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you need to rest to maximise growth.

I train day on day off cardio am weights pm. Sometimes take an extra day off if needed.

kkitz967

Awards
Yeah rest is important. And I definitely wouldn't wanna burn myself out over some extra cardio and abs everyday, when I need to be focusing on my normal weekly routine. I think that 5x is a great plan with maybe a couple AM cardio/abs sessions, just to keep me a little tone even though chances are that won't happen with dbol/test

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
If done the right way 2 a days can be amazing growth shock. I did it for christmas break one yr while on SD and it was mind boggling the change.

Few ways to do it. You still want 2 days off a wk.
You can go same body part am as pm... One being more isolation higher reps going for the pump. All did it a while back with chest the am was 3 exercises with 4 sets each just to get a solid pump with great contracts then went back later in the pm to do full chest workout and was noticably strong than just my normal chest days prior. Not sure why but was very interesting.

Another way is to train a big body part am then hit a smaller part in pm. This allows u to hit parts more often. Such as 3 days on 1 day off... repeat. This means u get through ur whole body in 3 days not every wk.

But to do this u essential make bodybuilding your life when u are nit in the gym u are eating and sleeping and on your off days u do nothing but eat and rest so u can full recover.

I feel with the help of aas this is a great way to train for a short period of time, 4-5 wks to shock your body into growth. It is very similar to how some pros train, esp back in the day. I would not do this for the whole cycle will probably burn u out and cause u to overtrain.

If u do this and u dint feel recovered take another rest days. Just listen to it body.