What exactly is meant by "back pumps"?

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I keep hearing people talking about getting back pumps....what exactly do they mean?

And.....what causes them?

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
when you get them there will be no questions man. your back pumps up with blood so hard it hurts to stand.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Its kind of a good feeling for me - i mean it hurts but i feel like the incredible hulk, ripping out of my own skin tho

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You'll know back pumps when you get them.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ditto, the discomfort will answer your question plainly. I actually knocked a vertebrate way out of alignment from a back pump.

rkc21

Awards
I never got them on my cycle but I know some of my friends who did. They took taurine and it helped.

henryhavoc

Awards
I was confused about back pumps as well until I ran mdrol. Hoe-lee-sh*t. Not fun man.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i had one back pump while running havoc, was ****ing insane, well bad. upped the water and taurine and was fine :) not after about 10 hours of pain though

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
trying to explain what back pumps are like is like trying to explain what an orgasm is like to someone who has never had one, only its all bad

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
lol that's pretty funny easy, and true, it's hard to explain

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
midgets punching their way out of your liver/kidneys

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I keep reading about people increasing their dosage of taurine for intense back pumps.
Does this really help alleviate swelling and if so whats a safe dosage?

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
i got a calve pump once. i was literally screaming in the middle of the night when i woke up to it. i was 80% asleep and 100% in massive pain. my gf thought i was dieing. and my calve was sore for the next three days. its like a massive muscle pump you get in the gym mixed with the worst cramp ever. not fun.