Can you effectively mix Everclear with Cyclodextrin? PLEASE answer if you know!

PumpedUpBeast

Awards
Let's say one wanted to make a sublingual liquid solution that was rapidly quick acting. Can you add cyclodextrin powder to the everclear solution that has the raw powder allready dissolved in it and then just mix up the solutions for a sublingual agent?
What are your methods to create a sublingual solution?

I really really could use your brain here if you know the answer to this. Thanks.

PumpedUpBeast

Awards
Strong bump. I am trying to make DHEA sublingual formula and need help from you chem wizzies who has the right ratio.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
No don't use everclear for a sublingual solution. You do NOT want to be putting everclear in your mouth (if you can avoid it - the stuff burns IMO). Everclear is used to dilute or prepare from powder injectable solutions since ethanol is broken down more quickly and water tends to form a sub-dermal aqueous hematoma.

Sub-lingual is even easier. Get yourself a mortar and pestle and mix your powder of interest (DHEA or whatever) with your cyclodextrin in a 1:9 mass ratio. That is, 1 gram of raw powder requires at least 9 grams CD. Once mixed thoroughly place the mixture in a humid place. I have a humidor at my house that I keep at ~85-90% humidity but you can put the mortar in a larger bowl, add a little water to the larger bowl so it is surrounding the mortar and then saran wrap the top. (Careful not to spill the powder into the water). Let the mixture sit in a humid place for ~3-5 days. The powdered mix should turn almost syrupy. At this point you've reached an equilibrium state where ~85% of the raw powder is complexed with the CD (depends on the powder but it is approximately 85%). Mix the syrup with 20mL saline per gram of raw powder to get a 50mg/ml solution. I recommend using this concentration to minimize the viscosity issue.

PumpedUpBeast

Awards
No don't use everclear for a sublingual solution. You do NOT want to be putting everclear in your mouth (if you can avoid it - the stuff burns IMO). Everclear is used to dilute or prepare from powder injectable solutions since ethanol is broken down more quickly and water tends to form a sub-dermal aqueous hematoma.

Sub-lingual is even easier. Get yourself a mortar and pestle and mix your powder of interest (DHEA or whatever) with your cyclodextrin in a 1:9 mass ratio. That is, 1 gram of raw powder requires at least 9 grams CD. Once mixed thoroughly place the mixture in a humid place. I have a humidor at my house that I keep at ~85-90% humidity but you can put the mortar in a larger bowl, add a little water to the larger bowl so it is surrounding the mortar and then saran wrap the top. (Careful not to spill the powder into the water). Let the mixture sit in a humid place for ~3-5 days. The powdered mix should turn almost syrupy. At this point you've reached an equilibrium state where ~85% of the raw powder is complexed with the CD (depends on the powder but it is approximately 85%). Mix the syrup with 20mL saline per gram of raw powder to get a 50mg/ml solution. I recommend using this concentration to minimize the viscosity issue.
This is excellent info! Thanks for this. Check out your PM, I sent you something.