Serious blood flow problem to ankles/feet...

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by JassUSMC View Post
    Well I went to medical today, and exactly what I thought would happen, happened. The doctor talked to me like im a ****ing piece of **** recruit in bootcamp trying to get out of PT...

So yeah, he didnt help me at all. All he did was feel my ankle and had me move my foot up/down/left/right...Didnt even tell me what could be wrong, just said, lay off the squats and anything that put pressure on my ankles. But he did say I could still Clean and Jerk.

He gave me a two day light duty chit, and said, "keep this in back pocket just in case".

I'll see how well I run 2morrow. Im pissed at how ****ty the militaries healthcare is. I should just keep on H-Drol and powerlifting until I need that ****ing surgery to spite them. Im a big fan of spite.
    I don't want to say anything because im nothing close to a doctor, but for me it was the pumps cutting off a little bloodflow, and if thats the case for you as well, then you should be fine staying on the h-drol.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JassUSMC View Post
    Well I went to medical today, and exactly what I thought would happen, happened. The doctor talked to me like im a ****ing piece of **** recruit in bootcamp trying to get out of PT...

So yeah, he didnt help me at all. All he did was feel my ankle and had me move my foot up/down/left/right...Didnt even tell me what could be wrong, just said, lay off the squats and anything that put pressure on my ankles. But he did say I could still Clean and Jerk.

He gave me a two day light duty chit, and said, "keep this in back pocket just in case".

I'll see how well I run 2morrow. Im pissed at how ****ty the militaries healthcare is. I should just keep on H-Drol and powerlifting until I need that ****ing surgery to spite them. Im a big fan of spite.

From my short experience with military medical professionals, they are damn near useless I mean if there is a visible wound they will treat it(such as broken bone) but even then they do it k-mart style as cheap as possible. To them everything is an excuse to get out of work. But it is not worth messing yourself up just to get back at them. Because once you screw up nerves, its permanent.
    •   

3. well if you want to have a fasciotomy to "spite" the docs, go right ahead

4. = P

I was of course joking. But im going to keep running, and probably keep falling out until it subsides. If it doesnt get better within a week or two, I will go back to medical, tell them the same ****. They will tell me the same ****. And probably just go on light duty for a day or two, hopefully it gets better, if not, it will be rinse and repeat, cuz in the Corps, I cant very well refuse to PT...

5. Military Doctor- "Take these 800mg Motrin and see how you feel". They think those big Motrin can cure anything.

6. did you do similar PT prior to hdrol with no similar symptoms?

7. Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    did you do similar PT prior to hdrol with no similar symptoms?
    Yup. We always run. Of course, before I was on H-Drol, never felt that. In the first and second week of H-Drol, didnt feel that feeling.

8. Quote Originally Posted by JassUSMC View Post

So yeah, he didnt help me at all. All he did was feel my ankle and had me move my foot up/down/left/right...Didnt even tell me what could be wrong, just said, lay off the squats and anything that put pressure on my ankles. But he did say I could still Clean and Jerk.L

I am seriously hoping he also checked your foot pulse, capillary refill and sensation in the foot. Given the story, thAt is mandatory.

Of course now they will be normal. Yes fortunately it was "mild" and temporary, but acs would still b top of my list.

If u get similar again please stop immediately. If said doc could see it then that would probably make him sit up and take note

9. Quote Originally Posted by JassUSMC View Post
    Yup. We always run. Of course, before I was on H-Drol, never felt that. In the first and second week of H-Drol, didnt feel that feeling.
    painful pumps didnt hit me until 2.5 weeks into cycle. its the hdrol, so i'd dump it. chances are slim you'll ever do less PT so this will always creep up on you with PHs.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Flow of Blood - Basis in Workout?
    By TipTopShape in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 02:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 02:15 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
  4. Bad Feet And Ankles
    By somewhatgifted in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2