I have lost my will to lift - please help!

1. New Member
    Answers

I have lost my will to lift - please help!

I am looking for some help from you guys. I have trained (lifted, supplements, and diet) religiously for the past 16 years and never experienced the rut I am in. I am currently 35 yrs old, 210 at 10%BF. In the past I have destroyed the gym, not bragging, and have done very well for my self as a natural bodybuilder both in physique changes and strength accomplishments. I have only done about 10 cycles to date (all PH's) over a span of 7 years and have followed them up with PCT (real and supplement form). I have never had my blood checked because I have never experienced any symptoms (I know a definite idiotic move on my part). Anyway it has been about 10 months since my last Super Drol pulse and my focus has been horrible. I just keep plateauing no matter how I very my workout or try to change things up. Its like I am burned out. I no longer have the mentality of attacking the weights. Its like I am just going through the motions. I am a new father and don't get much sleep, so I no that has a burden on my body. And since I train early (5am, three days per week) I usually take a NO product or a fat burner (pending on my body comp). 9 times out of 10, I get little energy or drive from these products. I can almost take a recommended serving of a fat burner or NO product and literally go back to bed. And I have cycled the energy and NO products to help regulate my body. I even used a supp called AD reset to cleanse my adrenal glands. That supplement was basically useless.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I want to know if anyone else on here has experienced this. Is my natural test fried from doing PH stacks? I will add that my aggression is still present (ie. when driving in traffic or watching or playing sports and my sex drive is still going, just not what it used to be when I was in my 20's) so I do have test running through me. Just seems like something is missing from my workouts. And with performance supps not working how they should is the icing on the cake.
    Am I missing any signs that my test id f'ed up or my adrenal glands and natty test shot? Or is it just a sign that I am getting older and my body is changing and I cant do what I once was able to do?

I would appreciate any feedback.

2. Elite Member
    Answers

at ur age there is a good chance that natty test is just going down hill. get bloodwork done to pin point the problem (if there is one).....other than that everything is just speculation.

my suggestion is to drop the NO supps and get some Bronkaid (ephedrine) and see if that gives u some energy.

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I have a suggestion for you that may seem a little crazy, but bear with me.

Take some time off.

Don't do any weight training at all for a little while -- maybe a month or two.

Think about what most of us do for a minute. We are constantly damaging muscle figers with high-intensity training so that our bodies will compensate with incremental increases in size and strength. Well, our bodies can use a break every so often. In the short term, you will "shrink" a little bit when you cease lifting. However, that size comes back VERY quickly once you start up again (MUSCLE MEMORY!) and you get that incredible feeling of rapid growth that we all experienced in the first year or so of training.

It sounds like you are just burned out to me.

In terms of a supplement to take, I highly recommend USP Labs Prime in your case. It is non-hormonal and it really helps with recovery and that 'drive' whilst in the gym.

•   

4. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by WheyGood View Post
    I have a suggestion for you that may seem a little crazy, but bear with me.

Take some time off.

Don't do any weight training at all for a little while -- maybe a month or two.

This^ I've experienced this very thing 2 or 3 times in my 7 year lifting career now and im only 21. After one set of whatever you just wanna go home, your not psyched to go in the first place and your workouts just suck. I JUST came out of these fits just last june. I would train for 10 minutes and be like why the fuk am i here? then i'd just go home, it sucked. best solution i can think of is not go as far to say take a MONTH or two off, but a solid 1 to 2 weeks out of the gym just to slouch, do other things, or just sit on your ass and watch tv is the best remedy. the first 3 days are the most awkward cause you're like okay that more than enough off days but hold out. chances are you're over training and your whole body needs the rest anyway. eat quality foods and enjoy the days off. you'll hit the gym with a strongass second wind

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth1 View Post
    This^ I've experienced this very thing 2 or 3 times in my 7 year lifting career now and im only 21. After one set of whatever you just wanna go home, your not psyched to go in the first place and your workouts just suck. I JUST came out of these fits just last june. I would train for 10 minutes and be like why the fuk am i here? then i'd just go home, it sucked. best solution i can think of is not go as far to say take a MONTH or two off, but a solid 1 to 2 weeks out of the gym just to slouch, do other things, or just sit on your ass and watch tv is the best remedy. the first 3 days are the most awkward cause you're like okay that more than enough off days but hold out. chances are you're over training and your whole body needs the rest anyway. eat quality foods and enjoy the days off. you'll hit the gym with a strongass second wind
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I've played water polo for 6 years (4 highschool and 2 college). the past 2 years in college we were running 3 hour practices and 1 hour of either lifting or running (4 total hours every day). after 3 months of this, I have to just chill the hell out for like 2 weeks before I even think about working out again. Its just too taxing. Take some time off. From the looks of your rather impressive dedication, I'd say you've earned it.

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Im 30+, 15yrs training, and also have a new born...Im pretty sure this is normal.

Luckily I have my backup gym in my basement, so on days where I have not gotten enough sleep or have no drive, I'll go down there and bang out a few sets of the main body part I'd be skipping that day (if chest, I do three fairly heavy sets to failure, and thats it).

It keeps me from being mad I missed a day, and psychologically keeps me sane (weights keep me sane ).

I've accepted that I have 'no schedule' right now, I just rotate body parts on whatever days I workout, monday is no longer leg day, its 'whatever' day.

Every morning I have started taking 1g tribulus, and 1.5 grams panax ginseng washed down with Focus XT, seems to work for me.

7. New Member
    Answers

Thanks for the reply fellas! I appreciate your comments. Looks like I am gonna take a few weeks off and then ease back into the workouts.

I am gonna look into the USP Labs Prime. The NO products and fat burners that I am trying are not doing the trick!

GodofWine - congrats on the newborn!

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

After two cycles my gains weren't as good as they were on cycle, obviously, so I figured "why bother? Once I start another cycle I'll make way more gains they I could now"

And alas, I took some time off. And still am, actually, with being busy at work, going to camp on the nice sunny weekends, etc.

But I do still lift at least once a week, just to keep things from shrinking too much.
    True story:

I give a f**K!!

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.
    Answers

i would rec RPM. Focus in the gym and slight test booster all in one. n Powerful at night

also i would get bookwork done

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Forearm pain??? To lift or not to lift?
    By Mikegun in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 09:46 AM
  2. What's the name of this lift?
    By abnxtwo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 07:58 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 08:18 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:58 AM
  5. Replies: 5