disposing pins

demon

Awards
loooking for ideas on disposing of used pins..I want to be responsible and everything but dont want to draw any attention to myself..looking for ideas

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I prefer local playgrounds.... but, I just keep mine in a shoebox, and chunk the shoebox after i put some duct tape around it.

size

Awards
  • Established
Be very careful with disposal.

Options:
1. Take them to a needle drop
2. 2lb protein tub, it's solid enough to prevent them poking through.
When it's full/ready to dispose, fill it with plaster, let it air harden, then superglue the top on and trash it.
thanks to ctgblue. In addition to this, make sure the caps are secure on all needles and after the process is complete, cover the jug in duct tape.

fireman

Awards
just buy the red sharps containers from ur local drugstore, the're like 3 bucks, put the pin only, not the whole combo in it and it will last for a long time. You then just take it to the hopspital, not like they are going to know what kind of pins they are. As far as slin pins, buy one of those gadgets that chop off the end of the pin, every once in awhile dispose of them into one of your sharps containers. after you clip the pin you can recap and dispose of a slin pin in the trash legally. Actually in some states my doc told me u can dispose of any pin in the trash as long as its capped.

fm

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
So long as you don't have any diseases that are transferred through the blood, I wouldn't say your being irresponsible by just disposing them. in the trash in a suitable container.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Only problem with that Hamper is what if you don't know you have something? Size has the best idea beside using a local needle drop for getting rid of them.. use your head when you are getting rid of dangerous things, think would you want your child to find one of these on the side of the road and then play with it?

pudgy

Awards
a hospital incenerator, make friends with a nurse, thats what i did.

Dr of Golf

Awards
All ya' have to do is put them into an empty bleach bottle, write the words SHARPS on them, and then just take them to your local hospital and give it to the people at the blood lab. They will take them without any questions.

And ... because I know some guys are paranoid, you can say you're a diabetic if it will makeyou feel better when you take them in.

And trust me .... they do not open the bottle to see what kind of needles are in there, or what residue may be left behind.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have sharps containers, I just drop the used pin inside.. The tube I just toss in the trash, noone gets sick off B12 these days.. ;)

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Be very careful with disposal.

.......2. 2lb protein tub, it's solid enough to prevent them poking through.
When it's full/ready to dispose, fill it with plaster, let it air harden, then superglue the top on and trash it.
thanks to ctgblue. In addition to this, make sure the caps are secure on all needles and after the process is complete, cover the jug in duct tape.
I mentioned a similar procedure (just tape the container shut very well) on another board and got slammed for being "overly cautious". As was stated earlier I wouldn't want myself, my kids, or anyone else getting injured because of my irresponsibility. It only takes a minute to ensure the safety of everyone that comes in contact with such waste.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Exactly, I mean so long as there is pretty much no way that they can come out of the container, then I think that is responsible. The best way is of course go to the hospital or something and do it there.

h19

demon

Awards
Thanks for the ideas bros, I knew I could count on you guys...

MikeSP021

Awards
loooking for ideas on disposing of used pins..I want to be responsible and everything but dont want to draw any attention to myself..looking for ideas
Put them in an empty protien container and fill it with the expanding foam from a can, you can find it in a hardware store.

size

Awards
  • Established
2lb protein tub,when it's full/ready to dispose, fill it with plaster, let it air harden, then superglue the top on and trash it. thanks to ctgblue. In addition to this, make sure the caps are secure on all needles and after the process is complete, cover the jug in duct tape.

Dr of Golf

Awards
i alway break off the needle before i dispose of them. just put them in the trash then .

It's not really the syringe that is the problem ..... it's that needle. At least dispose of those in something that won't let the trashmen, etc... get stabbed. Ya' know ... transmission of diseases, etc... :(

HARLEYMAN

Awards
It's not really the syringe that is the problem ..... it's that needle. At least dispose of those in something that won't let the trashmen, etc... get stabbed. Ya' know ... transmission of diseases, etc... :(
thats why i break off the needle from the syr. put the needle part of it in a small case and tape all them up really good.throw the syr. away without the needle.

Dr of Golf

Awards
thats why i break off the needle from the syr. put the needle part of it in a small case and tape all them up really good.throw the syr. away without the needle.

Ahhhh, the important part that was omitted from the previous comment. :cool:

RockMam

Awards
haha, I do something similar, I put mine in the big bulk coffee tin and glue the top shut, but before I glue it, I put all the pins at the bottom and fill the top with news paper. Pretty coool I think lol :cool:

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I take mine to my docs office, the nurse takes them (along with my slin pins) and my doc never sees them. He knows when Im on cycle though so I dont really think it would matter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crowy Anabolics 3
BigB29 Anabolics 26
Anabolics 14
AGELESS General Chat 11
Ubiquitous Anabolics 9