aas use for injury recovery???

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.17%

aas use for injury recovery???

hello AM, i've worked out off and on for the past year, i'm 22, and recently had started hitting it pretty hard in the gym until last week i was playing softball and dislocated my shoulder for the second time in 2 years. My question is this, is there a steroid that i can use (if any)to help recover from the injury? i have never used a steriod or illegal drug for that matter but im open to anything, not being able to work out SUCKS!!

2. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Steroids increase muscle contractile strength which can further injure ligament and tendon tissue which would be counterproductive to rehabilitating your injury.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.17%

im not really 100% sure what exactly i hurt in there lol...i just know it hurts when i reach up and back, and if i put my arm straight up and move it anay further back than parallel to my head it will dislocate..if someone who has had this problem before would chime in that would be great
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    im not really 100% sure what exactly i hurt in there lol...i just know it hurts when i reach up and back, and if i put my arm straight up and move it anay further back than parallel to my head it will dislocate..if someone who has had this problem before would chime in that would be great
    Go to a doc. I injured my left arm back in HS, threw it in a sling, never saw a doc. Now 4.5 years later lifting always causes pain on the outside of my arm almost at my shoulder but between my Bi/triceps. And when I raise my left arm up it pops loudly, and when I lift my left arm will slide forward, basically it looks like it slides out of socket because of hte muscles tightening. Also my left color bone sits higher now and my left arm hangs loose compared to what it used to be.

I will likely have these issues for life. So....go to a doc when you have bad injury. Even if its a clinic if your poor like me.

I asked a similar question when I had developed achilles tendinitis almost 2 years ago, and I had jsut started on these boards. But I think people reach that assumption due to the use of corticosteroids. Different concepts though.

All my little head, with only a bit of knowledge knows, is I was told that shoulders/neck/back/hips usually should be looked at if they are having issues. That was by my wrestling coach back when. Knees/ankles/and wrists we were guaranteed to ruin anyways lol.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.09%

I really wouldn't suggest anything until after you rehabilitate your shoulder completely. See a doctor, preferably an orthopedist specializing in shoulders, and get the problem diagnosed, as if you dislocated it, surgery may be the only proper way to fix it.

Exactly how did you injure it?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.97%

Do not take any steroid and see a doctor that you trust and wont recomend you to some wam-bam-thank you mam Physical Therapist...PT is a huge part of your recover (i know because my girl friend is a PT) and will save you years of pain and discomfort.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Injury Recovery Help
    By TechDawg4Life in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 03:53 AM
  2. IGF-1 to help injury recovery.
    By Creeky in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 07:03 AM
  3. Test-e and injury recovery
    By ragnar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5