Oxygen injections

mike4266

Awards
I have heard Louie Simmons talk about oxygen injections for prehab and rehab. Anyone have any experience with this or know where to find someone that specializes in it.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have heard Louie Simmons talk about oxygen injections for prehab and rehab. Anyone have any experience with this or know where to find someone that specializes in it.
I know pure oxygen injected into the blood stream kills you.....do you mean oxygenated blood or something?

mike4266

Awards
No, not an air embolism. It was publsihed in his latest Powerlifting USA article and I cannot find any further information on it.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Injecting air IS an air embolism.. I can only think of injecting hemoglobin to increase oxygen carrying capacity?
I'm interested if anyone can find this article and post it!

muller

muller

Awards
you thinking about doping? Where they take out blood, oxygenate it, and then inject it back to the bloodstream?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like oxygen or ozone hyper perfusion where the blood is removed, o2 or o3 is percolated through it and then it is run back into the body. It's a sort of detox therapy that you'd likely only find in Germany

But there might be something new out there.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
you thinking about doping? Where they take out blood, oxygenate it, and then inject it back to the bloodstream?
Blood doping is where they take out OXYGENATED blood for later injection.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Injecting hemoglobin would have no impact on aerobic conditioning. As a result that during resting conditions your body's hemoglobin is ~97% saturated with oxygen. The lowest known levels during exercise I believe are in the low 80s% saturated. Therefore, oxygen is not the limiting reagent in aerobic capacity. You should be more concerned with oxidative capacity at the cellular level (myoglobin, capillary beds, mitochondrial concentration).

mike4266

Awards
Thanks bioman. It's the 0203 oxygen/ozone injection for herniated discs. I would post the aticles, but I need at least 50 posts to do so.