Does insurance cover Blood Tests to check for low T?

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if I have low T. I'm only 20 but recently I've been really lacking energy and drive in the gym that I usually do. I'm irritable a lot and I fall asleep randomly during the day for period of anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours.

I'm steadily losing strength as well. I've never use AAS but I have used a few Natty Test Boosters.

Recently over the past year and a half I've put on about 20lbs. It's not all sloppy weight though.

Could this be Low T? I'd hate to think that it is.

Would insurance cover a Test and do you think it could be low T?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All depends on the insurance mate. Call/Email them and ask. In Canada it's covered, well the basic ones atleast :D

If you're putting on muscle, it might not be that bad. Fatigue, nutritional deficiences, lifestyle, could all be factors.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
totally depends on your insurance company but most do. If they cover a doctor visit then I'd go get checked but the docs are really apprehensive about starting someone who is 20 on HRT for low test. So unless it is REALLY low, they'll just tell you to deal. I'm normally on the low side of normal but no doc will touch it.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Sure it will, but don't ask right away for that...explain the symptoms to a doctor and give him your thoughts...tell him you think you thought you may be mildly depressed but your other symptoms alarm you it could be hormonal and he'll probably get your blood work done.

Also tell him, you would really like to have bloodwork done before going on any 'happy pills' (not that you are going to, but it will help lead them to the test)

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses. Maybe it's is my lifestyle. The recession is killing me mentally and physically. Not to mention I don't have a job either.

My insurance is Aetna though, I'll try to contact them about it

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses. Maybe it's is my lifestyle. The recession is killing me mentally and physically. Not to mention I don't have a job either.

My insurance is Aetna though, I'll try to contact them about it
Bro I think everyone is getting driven down into the ground right now. Honestly I take naps during the day. But thats mostly issues with my circadian rhythm...

You stressed out alot?

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Bro I think everyone is getting driven down into the ground right now. Honestly I take naps during the day. But thats mostly issues with my circadian rhythm...

You stressed out alot?
I stress about stupid **** all the time and sometimes I can't sleep because I'm so stressed

merph

merph

Awards
Relax. The stress will kill you. Well maybe not kill you but it could be causing your symptoms. If I stress I flip a lid at pretty much everything and just want to take naps all day long. Cortisol is a bitch.