Prohormones - AnabolicMinds.com

Prohormones

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

Prohormones

As a hobby and more importantly a way of life i like to learn about every aspect of bodybuilding and all the new studies and products on the market. im not ready for PH at this point however i want to learn about them and be able to hold conversations on the topic without feeling lost every other word. ive googled prohormone info a houndred times and i just dnt feel like im getting anywhere. i was hopping someone can gave me either a overview or some helpful links. i found out a lot about diol and dion and different carbin numbers. i still am lost when i get hear and hear mdrol and hdrol and these sort of stacks. any advice or help in the right direction would be appreciated.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I do not know how old you are, however, for informational purposes, the anabolic section is a greatly informed area.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

iron is right, if I were you i would do as much research as you can.....then stay clear because once your in your in.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

i will be 19 in august. im not as interested in aas for a variety of reasons and i assumed the anabolic section was for that but i could be wrong.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by musclejunkie View Post
    i will be 19 in august. im not as interested in aas for a variety of reasons and i assumed the anabolic section was for that but i could be wrong.
    A prohormone, and designer steroid, aka PH/DS are both AAS just not in its traditional form. a PH is a precursor to a target hormone that can no longer be produced. So a prohormone is just as much a steroid as Test or Deca. Not as potent, but still none the less as steroid.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

right from my understanding a prohormone needs to go one more step before becoming test. thats what makes the initial difference. im not sure how people decide how to stack them and how each number differs in strength and other effects. also in all my research so far i havnt found anything to do with halodrol or things like that but it seems like its a hot topic on the forum.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

right from my understanding a prohormone needs to go one more step before becoming test.
    correct, though i don't believe that test is always the target. DS are already active, though IMO prohormones deserve the same respect and caution as DS and actual gear.
    thats what makes the initial difference. im not sure how people decide how to stack them and how each number differs in strength and other effects. also in all my research so far i havnt found anything to do with halodrol or things like that but it seems like its a hot topic on the forum.
    every prohormone or DS vary by strength. for example, 75mg of halodrol is an average cycle, yet 20mg of superdrol is stronger. also, while some are stronger than others, make no mistake, this translates to side effects also being stronger. there's the vida text, which you can find here : Vida Text. "Androgens and Anabolic Agents" , though its fairly complex, and will probably overwhelm you with info.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

i also understand that you cant just take a ph on its own you need to take something after or with it im not sure why or what it prevents ive heard ppl say novadex or pct and other terms like that
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

yes, you need a POST CYCLE THERAPy to get your natural hormone levels back up, if you do not do this you will lose your gains and possibly go mental! I did a lackluster Pct for tren extreme and I thought and felt like I was going to take my own life!

Crappy pct=a whole world of problems!
    low testosterone in men=whole lot of problems

Its good to see you researching and asking questions.

My advice other than to keep researching is to stay a natural bodybuilder for life!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

i also understand that you cant just take a ph on its own you need to take something after or with it im not sure why or what it prevents ive heard ppl say novadex or pct and other terms like that
    whether its a prohormone, DS, or actual gear, you always need PCT. when something causes your body to lower its natural test levels (because its no longer needed), and raise estrogen to to catch up to the "supplemental" levels, you need PCT to get those two hormones (test and estrogen) back to normal.

without going crazy, lets say your test levels are the equivalent to 100mg of test injection, and your estrogen levels are at 25mg equivalent of estrogen injection. when your primary muscle builder (whether test or something else) becomes the equivalent of 500mg of test injection, your estrogen will rise to 125mg to maintain the hormonal balance. when you come off, and your indigenous testosterone levels have crashed to 25mg, your estrogen levels are still at 125, which causes all kinds of problems (depression, mood swings, gyno, etc). basically, you are no longer at a 100/25 test/estro level, but rather 125/25 which is closer to a woman's hormonal level. from the side effects of an improper PCT, you can see this played out clearer. PCT is a must.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

i hear ppl at like 15 taking ph and steroids from what ive hear this would just be a waste of money for anyone under there mid 20s since natural test is already sky high. would a ph show any benefit for a person below 25 or would it actually hinder your gains and just cause a lot of damage?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

i hear ppl at like 15 taking ph and steroids from what ive hear this would just be a waste of money for anyone under there mid 20s since natural test is already sky high. would a ph show any benefit for a person below 25 or would it actually hinder your gains and just cause a lot of damage?
    I can tell you right now steroids definately work just as well on someone who is 16 vs someone who is 30.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

reread my previous post.

then consider what an equivalent of 25mg of test would do when you're at an age where your body is trying to stabilize its natural test levels. instead of taking a fluctuation between 100-200mg and trying to average it out, its now taking a fluctuation between 25-200mg and trying to average it out...... obviously it will take a yearly average and try to figure out your bodies baseline, but that can still equate to a 1-5% drop in natural test levels if a 6-8 week cycle and crashed test levels are added in to the equation. obviously such studies would be illegal, but basic math tells us that this makes sense.

obviously taking a designer/prohormone would lead to better gains, but the long term effects of doing so makes it a wash considering that having that 1-5% more, you could have made those gains naturally. IMO. additionally, find me anyone at 15 with a solid bodybuilders diet, and i'll eat my words. diet is key to maximizing your natural test levels. high monounsaturated fats, no trans fat, no soda, etc.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Ive said this before....and ill say it again....to the OP I would listen to what Suncloud just said, and reread some of his other posts...this man wil not stear you wrong, and If you have any personal questions regarding this im sure if you PM him he will help you out too, the same goes for me if you ever need help just shoot me a pm.

your doing the right thing and your now on the right site brother!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

thanks for the help. im trying to get as much research on the topic as i can before forming personal opinions and what not. besides gaining a strong basis on diet this has been the most challenging aspect of BB that i have tried to learn about so any help or advice is really appreciated.

what were some of the first cycles you took and why? also what are common mistakes that people do when takeing PH?
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

-Taking it before there 21
    -drinking on cycle
    -no proper pct
    -using it before they have any clue how to train and eat naturally
    -
    -

----
    Honestly I could go on forever but Im off to the gym, your a smart guy, keep reading and learning how to eat for growth.

Gear and prohormones are the icing on the cake!

and in the case of prohormones shtty icing!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.

PM sent.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

basic diet advice : Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell)

my first cycle went great. i had everything in a row, though in hindsight, i should have asked around first, and found out common sides of what i was taking instead of just lining up a PCT. support supplements for the cycle was something i didn't know about. ended my cycle with my blood pressure at 143/88 (tren), which if i knew what i knew now, never would have happened. still, a successful run, and PCT went well.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

does anyone know about freeing bound testosterone and how testosterone gets bound. i know it has something to do with the shgb or sex hormone i believe. is there products or foods or workouts that can help you release bound or free test. would these products be considered a ph? is bound and free test the same thing?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. new prohormones
    By muzz in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 09:40 PM
  2. New to prohormones
    By brian101883 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 03:52 PM
  3. New to prohormones
    By brian101883 in forum Supplements