Comming in for the Olympia - Cutting, Bulking and diet while on PH...

autino

Awards
I am currently cutting.
Today I am 192 @ 17%

My goal is to drop another 15 lbs by August 10th, which should put me around 10% bf or so. 7 weeks left, I can do it!

Around August 10th I will start in on my 6 week cycle, leading me to the Mr. Olympia show. I figure why not come in looking my best when I am at a show that is nothing but similar minded folk?!

My goal is to pack on about 10-12 lbs of muscle and litterally, no fat. An increase in muslce should put me in the 8% range.

Anyone have any suggestions onthe best way to accomplish this?
My thought is that It would be best to eat slightly over - maybe 250 extra calories per day from protein.

For PH cycle, I was thinking:
Hdrol - 50/50/75/75/75/75/
Mdro -00/00/10/20/20/30/

I also have spawn on hand.

Any ideas?

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Around August 10th I will start in on my 6 week cycle, leading me to the Mr. Olympia show. I figure why not come in looking my best when I am at a show that is nothing but similar minded folk?!
Are you going to be competing? Are you working a booth?

If you answer no to each.... Why would you plan a cycle around the expo? HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You want to lost 15lbs pf fat and pack on 10lbs of muscle in 2 months? NOT going to happen. Not to put you down but just saying realistically it's not going to happen. you are NOT going to pack on 10-12lbs of lean muscle in 6 weeks with no fat. You might pack on 10-12lbs but alot will be glyocgen retention Hdrol usually takes around 4 weeks just to start working

autino

Awards
You want to lost 15lbs pf fat and pack on 10lbs of muscle in 2 months? NOT going to happen. Not to put you down but just saying realistically it's not going to happen. you are NOT going to pack on 10-12lbs of lean muscle in 6 weeks with no fat. You might pack on 10-12lbs but alot will be glyocgen retention Hdrol usually takes around 4 weeks just to start working
Thanks for the reply.

The 12-15 lbs of fat I can lose in 7 weeks. Thats no problem.
What would you say then is a more accurate estimate of how mcuh musle I can pack on once I sart the 6 week cycle??

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the reply.

What would you say then is a more accurate estimate of how mcuh musle I can pack on once I sart the 6 week cycle??
Have you lost 2lbs of fat a week before? I mean i see no problem in losing 12-15lbs of total weight but total fat seems kind of high. If you've done it before than forget what i have said. you can pack on 10lb on a 6 week cycle just can't say if it would be all "muscle" or if it would also include water and glycogen

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is there some sort of contest? will you win a prize if you guess right? If not then worry about getting as lean as you want to be in the mirror, then slowly do a lean bulk up to the O. worrying too much about numbers does nothing more than increase your cortisol :)

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply.

You can not do this... You will loose muscle while you loose the fat... It is very hard to loose pure fat and at the same time add muscle... I mean the pros who push 300 in the offseason and at shows are down 40+ lbs at contest. Why not get on a good diet cause obvious u are not at that body weight... Cut down to 10% bf or so then look at steroids. Steroids are not going to perform miracles you still have to know what your doing?

On the other subject I said... Why does it have to me the O. Are you going to be one of the d-bags that walks around with a cut off showing off? Why not leave it to the real pros who are competing and working the booths. I could understand if u said you were trying to peak for a beach trip or spring break but the O!!! Come on man. That's just dumb. Just my opinion.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can not do this... You will loose muscle while you loose the fat... It is very hard to loose pure fat and at the same time add muscle... I mean the pros who push 300 in the offseason and at shows are down 40+ lbs at contest. Why not get on a good diet cause obvious u are not at that body weight... Cut down to 10% bf or so then look at steroids. Steroids are not going to perform miracles you still have to know what your doing?

On the other subject I said... Why does it have to me the O. Are you going to be one of the d-bags that walks around with a cut off showing off? Why not leave it to the real pros who are competing and working the booths. I could understand if u said you were trying to peak for a beach trip or spring break but the O!!! Come on man. That's just dumb. Just my opinion.

I agree with you and I won't go as far to say it's a dubm idea I will add that I believe you will be EXTREMELY disappointed when you hit the O as if your not in comp shape you will feel very small and out of shape even if you hit 10%

autino

Awards
Are you competing/working?
Nope..
I just needed a goal with a date.
Usually I cut for the summer, but decided to keep bulking instead.
Now that I am done bulking I put myself on a 12-16 week cut.
The closest thing to the end of my cycle is the Olympia, so that is the date I went with.
It was either that or Holloween., thanksgiving or Christmas.
The Olympia was a bit closer and seemed like a good idea. Why not come in lean and fit for the olympia? Good a date as any I suppose..

autino

Awards
Have you lost 2lbs of fat a week before? I mean i see no problem in losing 12-15lbs of total weight but total fat seems kind of high. If you've done it before than forget what i have said. you can pack on 10lb on a 6 week cycle just can't say if it would be all "muscle" or if it would also include water and glycogen
Yeah I have.. 2 lbs for me is a lot if I am not stuffing myself full of protein at every opportunity.
What I have found out about my body is I need a ton of protein and low-moderate cards with medium fat. Something like:
P/C/F
55/25/20
That along with a 4 day split of heavy, compound lifting with very little rest and 4 half hour cardio sessions per week can do it.
On the weekends I go ultra low carb, then on wednesday I load up decently.

I make sure I stay slightly above my BMR and do pretty well this way.

autino

Awards
I am not trying to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.
Cutting for another 7 weeks, then a slight bulk for 6 weeks leading up to my goal date.
Cutoff shirt showing off?
No man. That is not me. Thanks for the assumption though.
I'll be the guy that is 5' 11" @ 185 lbs with 8% bf.
If I were going to show off I would try to hit 5% or so @ 200 lbs. that might take me another 18-24 months though...

merph

merph

Awards
I have not posted here in a little while but the responses just seem so different. With out knowing your age, cycle experience, training, diet, and so on I don't see how anyone could give you safe knowledgeable advice. What does your pct look like and what do you have on hand for supporting supps?

Your numbers seem to be a little bit beyond difficult to achieve. I won't say that they're impossible but will say they are unlikely.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
I am currently cutting.
Today I am 192 @ 17%

My goal is to drop another 15 lbs by August 10th, which should put me around 10% bf or so. 7 weeks left, I can do it!

My goal is to pack on about 10-12 lbs of muscle and litterally, no fat. An increase in muslce should put me in the 8% range.

So you plan on dropping 9% of your bodyfat and only dropping 7lbs of muscle

So at 192 and 17% you carry 32.64lbs of fat
If you got to 185 at 8% you are looking at 14.8lbs of fat

So you are looking to recomp by dropping 18lbs of fat.

Why not just stay on a good diet and keep yourself lean so you dont have to go through this? It just makes me skeptical when you have 17%bf and make it sound so easy to get to 8%. Anyway good luck.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's wrong with ambitious goals? 7 weeks to cut fat and then 6 weeks with Hdrol/Superdrol to add muscle back on, this sounds very possible, why discourage someone with doubt? You don't know what he's capable of.

It's easy to lose 2 pounds a week if you make proper adjustments to diet and cardio. And it's easy to put on 15 pounds using Superdrol and Halodrol stacked together for a month + . I see no problems with the plan. I think the cycle looks fun too, good for getting big and lean. Enjoy.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's wrong with ambitious goals? 7 weeks to cut fat and then 6 weeks with Hdrol/Superdrol to add muscle back on, this sounds very possible, why discourage someone with doubt? You don't know what he's capable of.

It's easy to lose 2 pounds a week if you make proper adjustments to diet and cardio. And it's easy to put on 15 pounds using Superdrol and Halodrol stacked together for a month + . I see no problems with the plan. I think the cycle looks fun too, good for getting big and lean. Enjoy.

You know something i may not be thinking about is the weight difference when thinking about that much weight for me is alot different than his or your size. I'f i packed on 15lbs that would be 10% of total body weight in a month. If you packed on 15lbs thats alot lower percentage. Unreal always the positive thinker.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nope..
I just needed a goal with a date.
Usually I cut for the summer, but decided to keep bulking instead.
Now that I am done bulking I put myself on a 12-16 week cut.
The closest thing to the end of my cycle is the Olympia, so that is the date I went with.
It was either that or Holloween., thanksgiving or Christmas.
The Olympia was a bit closer and seemed like a good idea. Why not come in lean and fit for the olympia? Good a date as any I suppose..
well if you just picked it to have a date for a goal then I say go for it. I mean having a set date helps you stay on track and if you were already going to the Olympia then your right why not. I have to admit when i first saw your post i thought you might be a troll because this exact question came up in the current issue of MD and Lee Priest ripped on the guy but from your replys I think you are doing ok