The importance of bloodwork

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I get my blood work done every 3 months, have been since I was 16.. Good post, brother!

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
would you just go to your regular doctor and tell him you want your blood work done? any ideas how much it costs? i have been wanting to have that done but wasnt sure who to go to.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Doc... always coming through with good info.. :D

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
would you just go to your regular doctor and tell him you want your blood work done? any ideas how much it costs? i have been wanting to have that done but wasnt sure who to go to.
Few problems here. I don;t think your doc would just order a full hormone test on a whim after your suggestion. Then you might want to keep your steroid use secret from your doc since all information is then shared with health insurance co., these companies can then use that information against you for decades to come. You will have to phrase your needs very carefully.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
now the link i was reading from doc, they wont be able to get my info from the online thing will they. im talking about the insurance thing...????

Dr of Golf

Awards
now the link i was reading from doc, they wont be able to get my info from the online thing will they. im talking about the insurance thing...????

If you pay with CASH when you go to the lab, you can use any name you want. A little creativeness never hurts. ;)

Good luck with your tests.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought this was a pretty good thread/link. The link to blood work was pretty cool too. Worthy of a bump even when its such an old thread....

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had a doctor question my request.

The couple times Ive done it, Ive called, and made an appointment, when they say "whats it for", I say I want to get bloodwork.

When the doctor calls me in he asks me what I want tested, and I say 'everything, I want to know how I'm doing...can never be too cautious' and they take blood and do the test.

Now I dont do this a lot, but for annual work its not a problem.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now that's an old-school BDC screen name! :)

MikeTheMan

Awards
Would you need to fast before the test checking for T levels?